• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Z legendary

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Well it needs to have the Z somewhere on it at least to match the other two. Xerneas looks like it has an X formed by it's horns and legs. It'll be interesting to see if they could form a Z using legs or feet like that...I think a Yvetalesk bearing of the letter (actually having a body shaped like a Z) would be better.

I see people saying this all the time but it doesn't appear at all to be the legs that function as the lower part of the X on Xerneas' body but instead the horns that curve away from its chest area.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    First, Sorry to everyone who thinks I'm annoying for being almost every other post...I'm just the kind of person who likes to respond....I hope it's not against the rules or something...

Secondary, Yggdrasil represents the beginning and end of all things. It is the tree of life, and if it dies, so does everything else. the Serpent represents the ever-present possibility/inevitability of the end of all things. But, if Yggdrasil dies, it dies, and from it's body, a new tree would rise. And though it is chewing on Yggdrasil, essentially destroying it, it also provides life in its own way. That presence, pushes Yggdrasil to keep going, if the serpent dies, so does Yggdrasil, and then a new one would rise.[I don't know much about Norse mythology, but it does derive from certain aspects of Archaic mythology, which I do know about, so bear with me on my thought processes]

Again, it does come down to what me and Magma were talking about, Creation, Destruction, and Chaos. The deer, represent life, nature. Where they walk, trees, flowers, plants grow. [The Spirit of the Forest comes from the same myth]. The Eagle, whom can peer into the souls of living thing, represents Judgement. In various versions of the myth, it also represents Death, or destiny, in that it can decide when someone is to die. And the serpent, represents Chaos, that which is in all things. As Yggdrasil represents all things, and the serpent, not just chewing at its roots, is part of Yggdrasil. They need each other. [And a Draconequus, with the body of a serpent, would again fit well here. If you look at different ancient arts of different serpent Deities, they are somewhat...squarely drawn, usually in the shape of an S or similar, so the artwork of this Legendary could be drawn in much the same way to look like a Z]

There are other ways of portraying it, Heart, Body, and Mind, etc. But different mythology, I'm done with this spiel.

Thanks for the expansion. I really liked reading what you wrote, as, again, I am somewhat of a mythology nerd.

Anyway, I also wanted to add that Norse mythology may also be the basis for the new Fairy type, as fairies and other related creatures, such as elves and trolls, factor heavily into Norse myth.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • First, Sorry to everyone who thinks I'm annoying for being almost every other post...I'm just the kind of person who likes to respond....I hope it's not against the rules or something...

Secondary, Yggdrasil represents the beginning and end of all things. It is the tree of life, and if it dies, so does everything else. the Serpent represents the ever-present possibility/inevitability of the end of all things. But, if Yggdrasil dies, it dies, and from it's body, a new tree would rise. And though it is chewing on Yggdrasil, essentially destroying it, it also provides life in its own way. That presence, pushes Yggdrasil to keep going, if the serpent dies, so does Yggdrasil, and then a new one would rise.[I don't know much about Norse mythology, but it does derive from certain aspects of Archaic mythology, which I do know about, so bear with me on my thought processes]

Again, it does come down to what me and Magma were talking about, Creation, Destruction, and Chaos. The deer, represent life, nature. Where they walk, trees, flowers, plants grow. [The Spirit of the Forest comes from the same myth]. The Eagle, whom can peer into the souls of living thing, represents Judgement. In various versions of the myth, it also represents Death, or destiny, in that it can decide when someone is to die. And the serpent, represents Chaos, that which is in all things. As Yggdrasil represents all things, and the serpent, not just chewing at its roots, is part of Yggdrasil. They need each other. [And a Draconequus, with the body of a serpent, would again fit well here. If you look at different ancient arts of different serpent Deities, they are somewhat...squarely drawn, usually in the shape of an S or similar, so the artwork of this Legendary could be drawn in much the same way to look like a Z]

There are other ways of portraying it, Heart, Body, and Mind, etc. But different mythology, I'm done with this spiel.

I'll like to add to this. In many cultures the serpent is seen as a symbol or Chaos. In Christianity we have Satan who can turn into a Dragon who is also believed to be the same serpent who drove mankind to sin and made our lives chaotic, in Egyptian mythology there's a serpent who threatens to devour the sun god and destory Met (the universe), in Shinto there's Orochi the eight headed serpent who terrorizes the land. However the serpent can also represent revival like the Ouroboros in both Alchemy and it's aztec counterpart which represent both destruction and birth. In sumerian story of Gilgamish the serpent became a symbol of eternity and immortality (as it eat the herb Gilgamish was going to use on himself...). Also in Hinduism the God Vishnu (irc, could've been Shiva, or Brahma...) rides a Naga and is said to have made the universe while on one. Also the Naga was used to create churn the elixer (milk)of life which gave the gods their immortality.

Also in Hinduism there's also a bird (Garuda) that hates the Naga much like in Norse mythology (well they are IndoEuropean so they have several things in common with one another, same with the Greek and Roman myths).

Years
  • I'd expect a Z legend to be based off of the Ouroboros/Yggdrasil or something to that effect, mostly because I don't think they could do much of anything else with the genetics/chromosones/DNA motifs. Yggdrasil seems like the more likely option to me, maybe a Dragon/Fairy type or something like that. Maybe Dragon/Dark too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I'd expect a Z legend to be based off of the Ouroboros/Yggdrasil or something to that effect, mostly because I don't think they could do much of anything else with the genetics/chromosones/DNA motifs. Yggdrasil seems like the more likely option to me, maybe a Dragon/Fairy type or something like that. Maybe Dragon/Dark too.

I'd actually expect Poison/Dragon because, if the rumors are true, and Poison is strong against Fairy, then a Poison typing would balance out the weakness of the Dragon type against Fairy.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • I'll like to add to this. In many cultures the serpent is seen as a symbol or Chaos. In Christianity we have Satan who can turn into a Dragon who is also believed to be the same serpent who drove mankind to sin and made our lives chaotic, in Egyptian mythology there's a serpent who threatens to devour the sun god and destory Met (the universe), in Shinto there's Orochi the eight headed serpent who terrorizes the land. However the serpent can also represent revival like the Ouroboros in both Alchemy and it's aztec counterpart which represent both destruction and birth. In sumerian story of Gilgamish the serpent became a symbol of eternity and immortality (as it eat the herb Gilgamish was going to use on himself...). Also in Hinduism the God Vishnu (irc, could've been Shiva, or Brahma...) rides a Naga and is said to have made the universe while on one. Also the Naga was used to create churn the elixer (milk)of life which gave the gods their immortality.

Also in Hinduism there's also a bird (Garuda) that hates the Naga much like in Norse mythology (well they are IndoEuropean so they have several things in common with one another, same with the Greek and Roman myths).

In Archaic Mythology, Giant Serpents (Basilisks and Hydras), were considered one of the few creatures capable of standing up to fully grown dragons. The only other known creature was the Roc, A mythological bird born from the mountains themselves, its screech could literally rip through the air and create a vacuum, thus nullifying a dragon's flame. It also had size, and a body of stone. Dragons were the lords of all magic, Rocs were lords of the Sky, Basilisks lords of the Land, and Hydras lords of the sea. (So a hydra again would fit perfectly, as we already have Land and Sky)

As for things like Ouroboros and Alchemy...Alchemy itself symbolizes a form of chaos. Taboo magic able to manipulate the elements themselves to its users whims, even changing them completely. In some myths, the Philosopher's stone was said to be made of the lifeblood of the universe, and contains within it the ultimate changing power (which would be Chaos)

Not too sure about all the other things, never dabbled in hinduism and the like. Mostly Archaic and bits and pieces of Chinese and Japanese feudal mythology. My only other specialty is that of Ancient Bagua, which is only because of its ties to Archaicism. [And for all those who don't know what Archaic Mythology is, it literally translates to Ancient or Old, pre-dating Latin, sometimes even called Archaic Latin because of countless similarities. The culture itself is unknown and thus has no proper name, and is simply called Archaic)

Back to the matter at hand...

I expect it to be Poison/Steel but still be a serpent sort of like how Gyarados isn't part Dragon.

A poison type legendary would be way cool, and if it was part steel or dragon, than my lovely Lucario would SLAUGHTER it. A steel type maybe would be best, because then the Steel side would counteract quite a large weakness in Psychic type sweepers, like Alakazam and Mewtwo. I believe, it would also be a unique type combination either way, wouldn't it?

Years
  • In Archaic Mythology, Giant Serpents (Basilisks and Hydras), were considered one of the few creatures capable of standing up to fully grown dragons. The only other known creature was the Roc, A mythological bird born from the mountains themselves, its screech could literally rip through the air and create a vacuum, thus nullifying a dragon's flame. It also had size, and a body of stone. Dragons were the lords of all magic, Rocs were lords of the Sky, Basilisks lords of the Land, and Hydras lords of the sea. (So a hydra again would fit perfectly, as we already have Land and Sky)

As for things like Ouroboros and Alchemy...Alchemy itself symbolizes a form of chaos. Taboo magic able to manipulate the elements themselves to its users whims, even changing them completely. In some myths, the Philosopher's stone was said to be made of the lifeblood of the universe, and contains within it the ultimate changing power (which would be Chaos)

Not too sure about all the other things, never dabbled in hinduism and the like. Mostly Archaic and bits and pieces of Chinese and Japanese feudal mythology. My only other specialty is that of Ancient Bagua, which is only because of its ties to Archaicism. [And for all those who don't know what Archaic Mythology is, it literally translates to Ancient or Old, pre-dating Latin, sometimes even called Archaic Latin because of countless similarities. The culture itself is unknown and thus has no proper name, and is simply called Archaic)

Back to the matter at hand...

A poison type legendary would be way cool, and if it was part steel or dragon, than my lovely Lucario would SLAUGHTER it. A steel type maybe would be best, because then the Steel side would counteract quite a large weakness in Psychic type sweepers, like Alakazam and Mewtwo. I believe, it would also be a unique type combination either way, wouldn't it?

Giratina is based on the Basilisk, while Rayquaza conceptually is based on the Ziz which was a giant Roc like bird which was the lord of the sky, so a Hydra for the third third version since Emerald (counting Emerald) will complete it! If not based on the hydra design wise it can be conceptually like Rayquaza was.

Maybe the third will be part Fairy or Psychic as Giratina and Rayquaza's non dragon type represent soul and air (aether is said to be heavenly air and is what allows life) so something like that could fit... adding Kyurem which seems like it's also based on a chinese zombie...is based on Balance and Infinite energy (Wuji is both nothing and everything)so something around those lines...

DamienHelvian

Years
  • Giratina is based on the Basilisk, while Rayquaza conceptually is based on the Ziz which was a giant Roc like bird which was the lord of the sky, so a Hydra for the third third version since Emerald (counting Emerald) will complete it! If not based on the hydra design wise it can be conceptually like Rayquaza was.

Maybe the third will be part Fairy or Psychic as Giratina and Rayquaza's non dragon type represent soul and air (aether is said to be heavenly air and is what allows life) so something like that could fit... adding Kyurem which seems like it's also based on a chinese zombie...is based on Balance and Infinite energy (Wuji is both nothing and everything)so something around those lines...

I wonder if we're working this discussion the wrong way, it seems more about mythology now than the Z legendary XD

In the line of Hydra, which seems like it'd be the coolest (and it could have some unique regenerative ability, or a multi-hit ability, with an accuracy or damage cost of course), a part Water type legendary seems suitable, maybe a Water-Fairy? Seems appropriate to me.

On the line of the tangent. I don't remember what it's called, but I believe there's something in chinese mythology considered the Source of both good and evil, yin and yang. The two energies used to be one, but a sorcerer or something tried to harness this ultimate power, and in doing so, the energies split in two, though each with a piece of the other within. Left behind was a hollow sphere, empty of energy, but with the power to unite Yin and Yang once again. That could either be real, or I don't know what I'm talking about and just rambling.
    My chinese mythology isn't all too good. Although I do know a nice myth about the 13th zodiac.

Years
  • I wonder if we're working this discussion the wrong way, it seems more about mythology now than the Z legendary XD

In the line of Hydra, which seems like it'd be the coolest (and it could have some unique regenerative ability, or a multi-hit ability, with an accuracy or damage cost of course), a part Water type legendary seems suitable, maybe a Water-Fairy? Seems appropriate to me.

On the line of the tangent. I don't remember what it's called, but I believe there's something in chinese mythology considered the Source of both good and evil, yin and yang. The two energies used to be one, but a sorcerer or something tried to harness this ultimate power, and in doing so, the energies split in two, though each with a piece of the other within. Left behind was a hollow sphere, empty of energy, but with the power to unite Yin and Yang once again. That could either be real, or I don't know what I'm talking about and just rambling.
    My chinese mythology isn't all too good. Although I do know a nice myth about the 13th zodiac.

I've never head of that version of the Yin and Yang myth...the one I've heard says that they were created by Pangu (whose legend Arceus' is based on) who also is said to have created the five cardinal signs (the fifth is the Yellow Dragon of the Center) and whom seperated Sky and Earth and whose body made up all the living things in the world.

Back on topic. Water/Fairy sounds good. Another Water/Dragon legendary may be too much but it's possible we'll have another...

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Speaking of X and Y chromosomes, Y makes something male, and the Absence of Y (XX) makes something Female, so is the X legendary a girl and the Y legendary a boy? I mean it probably won't have the official symbols, but it may be implied, especially with those designs.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2014
    Z will probably be a underground basilisk according to Norse mythology. In this myth, there are three guardians of the tree of life- the Yggdrasyill. An eagle that ruled the sky, a deer that protected the forest floor, and an serpent that lived at the roots and watched over the underworld.

Also, according to the axis's in math there is the y axis which is vertical-the sky. There is the x axis which is horizontal-land. And then there is the z axis-which is depth-underground. So it would make sense for the Z legendary to be rock or ground or poison or dragon.

Years
  • Speaking of X and Y chromosomes, Y makes something male, and the Absence of Y (XX) makes something Female, so is the X legendary a girl and the Y legendary a boy? I mean it probably won't have the official symbols, but it may be implied, especially with those designs.
    Stags are male, so I think it's the opposite where Xerneas is a guy (unofficially) and Yvetal is a girl (unofficially). Reshiram is female (unofficially, and originally they were going to have a female voice her for the anime) and Zekrom male (unofficially). Groudon is male (it's based off a male only legendary creature) and Kyogre if female (it's based off a creature whose only other males had died leaving only the female), if one is going by what they're based off.

DamienHelvian

Years
  • I've never head of that version of the Yin and Yang myth...the one I've heard says that they were created by Pangu (whose legend Arceus' is based on) who also is said to have created the five cardinal signs (the fifth is the Yellow Dragon of the Center) and whom seperated Sky and Earth and whose body made up all the living things in the world.

Back on topic. Water/Fairy sounds good. Another Water/Dragon legendary may be too much but it's possible we'll have another...

Five Cardinal... I remember Yellow, Black, Red, and White, I forget the fifth.
    There's a different version as well, Black, Red, White, Pink, and Gold, and only the Gold one is a dragon. The one I mentioned leads to the Zodiac myths.

I expect it to be a part fairy type, since it is the new type after all, and water isn't a common legendary type, and it's also a very underrated type. (Most water types are pretty much used for the water HMs and nothing more, since the types they're strong against, aren't common as well, or have dual-type neutrality)
    The most likely possibilities are Water, Fairy, Poison, or Steel, or a combination of those. I doubt it'll be ghost since that's Giratina's thing.... Dark is a plausible, but not too likely I think. Dark is more of a Pseudo type. Too many psychic types, so that's the least likely in a new legendary unless it's one of the Minors.
    Dragon is also a Psuedo type, so I really doubt it will happen, but if they do make a hydra, then Dragon would fit. (Who knows if they even have a Z legendary thought out, they could very well be scouting for ideas like I'm sure they do)

Years
  • Five Cardinal... I remember Yellow, Black, Red, and White, I forget the fifth.
    There's a different version as well, Black, Red, White, Pink, and Gold, and only the Gold one is a dragon. The one I mentioned leads to the Zodiac myths.

I expect it to be a part fairy type, since it is the new type after all, and water isn't a common legendary type, and it's also a very underrated type. (Most water types are pretty much used for the water HMs and nothing more, since the types they're strong against, aren't common as well, or have dual-type neutrality)
    The most likely possibilities are Water, Fairy, Poison, or Steel, or a combination of those. I doubt it'll be ghost since that's Giratina's thing.... Dark is a plausible, but not too likely I think. Dark is more of a Pseudo type. Too many psychic types, so that's the least likely in a new legendary unless it's one of the Minors.
    Dragon is also a Psuedo type, so I really doubt it will happen, but if they do make a hydra, then Dragon would fit. (Who knows if they even have a Z legendary thought out, they could very well be scouting for ideas like I'm sure they do)
    The one you're forgetting is the Azure Dragon (btw I'm not talking about the five dragons but the Black Turtle-Snake, White Tiger, Yellow Dragon, Azure Dragon, and Vermillion Bird (which Moltres may be based off).

Maybe the third can be based off the Yellow Dragon actually if the colors for this generation are Blue X, Red Y, and Yellow Z. If they do a W version the mascot for that one can be a Green Hydra ;).

DamienHelvian

Years
  • The one you're forgetting is the Azure Dragon (btw I'm not talking about the five dragons but the Black Turtle-Snake, White Tiger, Yellow Dragon, Azure Dragon, and Vermillion Bird (which Moltres may be based off).

Maybe the third can be based off the Yellow Dragon actually if the colors for this generation are Blue X, Red Y, and Yellow Z. If they do a W version the mascot for that one can be a Green Hydra ;).

Oh, that's bagua myth. It's actually one of few myths that have a sister myth in japan. (The same myth used for the digimon sovereigns)
    Black Turtle of the North, White Tiger of the West, Azure Dragon of the East, Vermillion Bird of the South, and Yellow Dragon of the Center, providing stability. I think those should be their own....
    Three Mascots and a Duo Minor, Byakko would be best legendary.

Not sure about the colors thing, I don't want a Yellow Z... I want a Yellow Remake!

There's too many possibilities for what this legendary will be.

Years
  • Oh, that's bagua myth. It's actually one of few myths that have a sister myth in japan. (The same myth used for the digimon sovereigns)
    Black Turtle of the North, White Tiger of the West, Azure Dragon of the East, Vermillion Bird of the South, and Yellow Dragon of the Center, providing stability. I think those should be their own....
    Three Mascots and a Duo Minor, Byakko would be best legendary.

Not sure about the colors thing, I don't want a Yellow Z... I want a Yellow Remake!

There's too many possibilities for what this legendary will be.
    Yup, though the Japanese one lacks the Yellow Dragon due to it's fifth element being void...
    I see a Quad with the Yellow being the Quad Master if they do that xD.
    Also they can still remake Yellow even though the legendary for Z is Yellow just like how RG were remade even though Groudon was red. Same goes for RSE remakes if they have the Z legend also be Green...
    Yeah, I can't wait until post-game to search Kalos for what it may be...it'll likely be in an obscure location and be very dificult to get, especially for those of us without a manual just like how Rayquaza was ontop of the hard to locate Sky Pillar with the equally difficult challenge of riding a mach bike all the way up, Giratina was in Turnback cave with all the different paths one could take and having to go through fog..., and Kyurem being in the Giant Chasm with us having to get to the small puddle in the center to be able to access Kyurem's chamber...wonder what the puzzle for this legend will be...any ideas?

DamienHelvian

Years
  • Yup, though the Japanese one lacks the Yellow Dragon due to it's fifth element being void...
    I see a Quad with the Yellow being the Quad Master if they do that xD.
    Also they can still remake Yellow even though the legendary for Z is Yellow just like how RG were remade even though Groudon was red. Same goes for RSE remakes if they have the Z legend also be Green...
    Yeah, I can't wait until post-game to search Kalos for what it may be...it'll likely be in an obscure location and be very dificult to get, especially for those of us without a manual just like how Rayquaza was ontop of the hard to locate Sky Pillar with the equally difficult challenge of riding a mach bike all the way up, Giratina was in Turnback cave with all the different paths one could take and having to go through fog..., and Kyurem being in the Giant Chasm with us having to get to the small puddle in the center to be able to access Kyurem's chamber...wonder what the puzzle for this legend will be...any ideas?

One of things we have to wonder though...
    Will the Z legendary be obtainable in the first two games, or be a third game/sequel exclusive?
    I hope the puzzle is HUGE. The possibilities with the 3DS means it could be the most difficult ever (Aside from the nearly impossible to get to Mirage Island) Maybe it will be All over Kalos. Almost like hunting down the Three Regis, so you can get Regigigas. You might have to find pieces of something, each in their own puzzle-based chambers...
    Do you think they might take advantage of the 3DS camera like Gates to Infinity (though hopefully less childish)?

Years
  • One of things we have to wonder though...
    Will the Z legendary be obtainable in the first two games, or be a third game/sequel exclusive?
    I hope the puzzle is HUGE. The possibilities with the 3DS means it could be the most difficult ever (Aside from the nearly impossible to get to Mirage Island) Maybe it will be All over Kalos. Almost like hunting down the Three Regis, so you can get Regigigas. You might have to find pieces of something, each in their own puzzle-based chambers...
    Do you think they might take advantage of the 3DS camera like Gates to Infinity (though hopefully less childish)?
    Maybe we'll have to find three pieces that oddly resemble the triforce ;)

It'll be cool if we could. Maybe it'll be used to capture the Therian formes too like in Pokeradar.

DamienHelvian

Years
  • Maybe we'll have to find three pieces that oddly resemble the triforce ;)

It'll be cool if we could. Maybe it'll be used to capture the Therian formes too like in Pokeradar.

Therian formes of what? The legendaries? That's sort of like a Kami Trio thing, I doubt they'll use it for anything else.
    Well, Zelda does belong to Nintendo, so it's allowed XD
    I got inspired for my games though, but I think I might change it a bit...for a different LoZ easter egg.

Back