• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Z legendary

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    If there really is going to be a 'Z' legendary, then yesh, a serpent-like legendary would easily fit that role.

And...

I think it'll be a sea-serpent or anything related to the sea.
    My reason is that the 'X' legendary is on land, the 'Y' legendary is in the air, so...

:3

edit...
    I just realized Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza already had those roles... Meh...

RollsOfSushi

Hotter than Wasabi
    Years
  • I didn't read too much into the responses to this thread, but I think it's gonna be a snake if it does come true. If it's based on Norse Mythology like people suggest, then I think it will be a snake :o

tnfsf11

I don't mind it being a chicken/rooster legendary if they make one ^_^
    It could be Dragon/Fairy, Dragon/Poison would be awesome, I don't see it being Dragon/Flying because well, chickens don't fly :P but neither does Gyarados...

Also guys if they made a Z legendary it doesn't have to be a snake to be Z-shaped, or even Z-shaped in the first place.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't mind it being a chicken/rooster legendary if they make one ^_^
    It could be Dragon/Fairy, Dragon/Poison would be awesome, I don't see it being Dragon/Flying because well, chickens don't fly :P but neither does Gyarados...

Also guys if they made a Z legendary it doesn't have to be a snake to be Z-shaped, or even Z-shaped in the first place.
    Well it needs to have the Z somewhere on it at least to match the other two. Xerneas looks like it has an X formed by it's horns and legs. It'll be interesting to see if they could form a Z using legs or feet like that...I think a Yvetalesk bearing of the letter (actually having a body shaped like a Z) would be better.

Years
  • Well, the third acclaimed 'Z' legendary could completely surprise us all. To me, Xerneas came out of no where. If someone told me that we'd be getting a legendary based around the letter 'X', Xerneas' design would not be the first thing I'd think of, but I absolutely love it. So we could get something completely unpredictable for our 3rd Legendary (which we will undoubtedly have).

In every generation since Generation 3 we've always had our legendary mascots and then a 3rd mediator/in-between trio member - I doubt that formula will change any time soon, but who knows what it's design will be. I'm not sure they'd make it too obvious like a snake, because that could easily unravel and no longer look the letter 'Z' anymore; they'll probably do something amazing and have parts of its body resemble the letter 'Z' for example.

Years
  • Z will be a time/space traveling flying poison snake.
    Just you watch.

I really do hope that we finally get a Poison-type Pokémon. But I think I've had enough of time-travelling and space-warping thanks to Celebi, Dialga and Palkia...

Years
  • I think even more than ever that the third will be a serpent.

First off if the legends are based on Norse mythology the third will likely be based off the serpent eating the tree.

Second in Norse myth the bird and snake don't get along. Also in other stories deers (specifically stags (I als9 found out that deers in celtic myth are called "fairy cattle" so that's another explaination for the fairy type) are said to be rivals of snakes.

Also the legend could be two snakes wrapped around one another which would make them look like DNA, the theme of the generation.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • I think Xerneas, being a beast of the Forest, is symbolic of the King of the Forest, the Moose thing (A beast, who in mythology, brings life). And Yvetal makes me think of a Quetzal, king of the Sky (and often seen as a bringer of destruction), so the third would either have to be a King of the Sea, Meadows, or even Civilization. Or it could be like Giratina, living in an alternate reality.
    Which plays on my thought of what it will represent, Reality or Existence. Oooh.... Maybe it could live in the Unown dimension...and be the King of the Unown. (Since someone said shaped like a Z) Unown represent language, and language is the ultimate tool of civilization (one of the three I mentioned above that it could be) Language has evolved, and has become part of our genetic coding (So Chromosomes)
    I don't know where I'm really going with this, but the King of the Unown would be cool. (And the Unknown being a part of reality, the biggest part in fact.)
    I think even more than ever that the third will be a serpent.

First off if the legends are based on Norse mythology the third will likely be based off the serpent eating the tree.

Second in Norse myth the bird and snake don't get along. Also in other stories deers (specifically stags (I als9 found out that deers in celtic myth are called "fairy cattle" so that's another explaination for the fairy type) are said to be rivals of snakes.

Also the legend could be two snakes wrapped around one another which would make them look like DNA, the theme of the generation.

I didn't know about the norse thing, although it seems Xerneas is based of Celtic names. And Yvetal's name does come from Quetzal, which goes into my idea of it. And I dunno what the spirit/king of the forest is called, but it might have something to do with Xerneas that we don't know about.

the DNA shape thing sounds...odd to me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Maybe GameFreak will do a bit of a subversion of what everyone is expecting.
    Most people are expecting a serpent. It seems logical that it will represent 'Z' because it is the next letter in the alphabet and is one of the axes of the Cartesian coordinate system. It is apparently also a chromosome which I wasn't aware of prior to this thread. But what if it were still a serpent...? More specifically an ouroboros? An ouroboros is a serpent that continually eats its own tail which regenerates as it is eaten. The ouroboros could represent the O chromosome that some people touched on earlier. They could bring us the best of both worlds by having two forms to represent both 'o' and 'z.'

Breaking from the norm though, maybe they would base the third legendary off of a chimera? There actually is a term in the scientific community known as 'chimerism.' 'Chimerism' is when an organism is made up of two or more varying genetic tissues. While a Greek chimera may not seem like a likely candidate I don't think a deer inherently represents an 'X' either. I think the artists would be able to pull something off with a Chimera while still relating to whatever theme they go with in this next game.

I also like Magmaruby and Aquasapphire's idea of it being based off of a caduceus. It could pull together the idea of both a chimera, though not in the traditional sense, and DNA quite nicely.

DamienHelvian

Years
  • Maybe GameFreak will do a bit of a subversion of what everyone is expecting.
    Most people are expecting a serpent. It seems logical that it will represent 'Z' because it is the next letter in the alphabet and is one of the axes of the Cartesian coordinate system. It is apparently also a chromosome which I wasn't aware of prior to this thread. But what if it were still a serpent...? More specifically an ouroboros? An ouroboros is a serpent that continually eats its own tail which regenerates as it is eaten. The ouroboros could represent the O chromosome that some people touched on earlier. They could bring us the best of both worlds by having two forms to represent both 'o' and 'z.'

Breaking from the norm though, maybe they would base the third legendary off of a chimera? There actually is a term in the scientific community known as 'chimerism.' 'Chimerism' is when an organism is made up of two or more varying genetic tissues. While a Greek chimera may not seem like a likely candidate I don't think a deer inherently represents an 'X' either. I think the artists would be able to pull something off with a Chimera while still relating to whatever theme they go with in this next game.

I also like Magmaruby and Aquasapphire's idea of it being based off of a caduceus. It could pull together the idea of both a chimera, though not in the traditional sense, and DNA quite nicely.

The Ouroboros idea is a really good one, and maybe the third legendary could be something we wouldn't expect. Touching on that idea, maybe it'll represent Infinity, one of the aspects of the Z axis, is that it represents the infinity of space.

That Chimera Idea is one of the best I've seen so far. It could even be a Cerberus, or on the serpent idea, a Hydra, one of mythology's greatest genetic concepts. Possessing highly advanced regeneration, so again touches the Ouroboros idea, it represents DNA in its own way, it covers the Serpent idea...and it's really cool. Not too sure how they could implement Z or DNA into it, but that's an idea, right? And it also represents my idea of Infinity~

Years
  • A chimera is said to have a serpent as a tail so it could fit in both ideas. Maybe it'll be like Mawile and Girafarig and be two headed with the serpent as the dominant head to fit the Norse myth. The goat's body can be the bottom part of the Z and the snake be the piece rising up, or vise versa.

An ouroborus does fit the O chromosome I mentioned earlier and the thread, plus it's associated with imortality. So maybe the third game could be O?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    The Ouroboros idea is a really good one, and maybe the third legendary could be something we wouldn't expect. Touching on that idea, maybe it'll represent Infinity, one of the aspects of the Z axis, is that it represents the infinity of space.

That Chimera Idea is one of the best I've seen so far. It could even be a Cerberus, or on the serpent idea, a Hydra, one of mythology's greatest genetic concepts. Possessing highly advanced regeneration, so again touches the Ouroboros idea, it represents DNA in its own way, it covers the Serpent idea...and it's really cool. Not too sure how they could implement Z or DNA into it, but that's an idea, right? And it also represents my idea of Infinity~
    I like the Hydra idea. I also like the idea that the third pokemon would represent 'infinity.' More specifically I think it would make sense for the pokemon to be either the 'immortal' or 'regeneration' pokemon. There's not much between life and destruction. It's not 'life' and 'death' so I don't think we would get a zombie pokemon, though it'd be easy to slip a 'Z' into the name if they are, indeed, going with 'Z.' I wouldn't want to see the concept be 'nothingness' because Kyurem already has that covered. Regeneration seems like a decent medium. Maybe not the perfect in-between but it might just work.

I also like the idea of a Hydra because it takes the serpent idea that is currently prevalent but turns it on its side a little bit; something I'm really hoping to see Game Freak try to do with this generation.

DamienHelvian

Years
  • I like the Hydra idea. I also like the idea that the third pokemon would represent 'infinity.' More specifically I think it would make sense for the pokemon to be either the 'immortal' or 'regeneration' pokemon. There's not much between life and destruction. It's not 'life' and 'death' so I don't think we would get a zombie pokemon, though it'd be easy to slip a 'Z' into the name if they are, indeed, going with 'Z.' I wouldn't want to see the concept be 'nothingness' because Kyurem already has that covered. Regeneration seems like a decent medium. Maybe not the perfect in-between but it might just work.

I also like the idea of a Hydra because it takes the serpent idea that is currently prevalent but turns it on its side a little bit; something I'm really hoping to see Game Freak try to do with this generation.

Well, Infinity is Nothingness...the eternal nothingness that exists all around us. And Kyurem represents balance, and is only nothingness in that it's an empty shell.

Life, can also be thought of as symbolic of Creation (even if we did have a creation trio already, this would be different, as Creation represents a faction of Reality, as does Destruction.)

Oh dear....
    New thought...one that should have come sooner. Reality, representing reality, and going along with Infinity, somewhat.... Chaos. Between Creation and Destruction, there lies the infinite, and eternal Chaos. It's...well, it's perfect. And my inner brony speaks...Chimera, Draconequus, even MORE perfect :D (Don't hate me) It even represents DNA, as a Draconequus, the ultimate kind of chimera, is made up of all sorts of animals. And DNA, in and of itself, is chaotic.

Anyone else with me on this Chaos idea?

Years
  • That could work, after all Life came from chaos and it's said that it'll end in Chaos. In Norse mythology the gods eventually die as do their enemies. From that chaos new life is born...so it may be Infinity...which fits with the theory of multiple universes facing in and out of existence infinite times...however the idea may be too complicated for a game like Pokémon...

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Well, Infinity is Nothingness...the eternal nothingness that exists all around us. And Kyurem represents balance, and is only nothingness in that it's an empty shell.

Life, can also be thought of as symbolic of Creation (even if we did have a creation trio already, this would be different, as Creation represents a faction of Reality, as does Destruction.)

Oh dear....
    New thought...one that should have come sooner. Reality, representing reality, and going along with Infinity, somewhat.... Chaos. Between Creation and Destruction, there lies the infinite, and eternal Chaos. It's...well, it's perfect. And my inner brony speaks...Chimera, Draconequus, even MORE perfect :D (Don't hate me) It even represents DNA, as a Draconequus, the ultimate kind of chimera, is made up of all sorts of animals. And DNA, in and of itself, is chaotic.

Anyone else with me on this Chaos idea?
    Infinity does not inherently have to be nothingness. But I think that's a topic for a totally different thread.

I think it was a deliberate decision to make Xerneas the 'life' pokemon and not the 'creation' pokemon; though it's possible it wasn't. I think the word 'creation' pairs up with 'destruction' intuitively because of the suffix '-tion.' I think what might be a central theme for the legendaries is 'civilization.' 'Life,' in the context of civilization, refers to an active state of the civilization. 'Destruction' refers to the end of the civilization, more-so-than death anyways. It could be possible that the third pokemon would relate to the peril, or chaos, that runs throughout a civilization before its collapse... So maybe? I think it might be a bit of a stretch but I think the reasoning can be found... I wouldn't count on a Discord pokemon though.
    (Although Game Freak could totally cash in on the MLP craze by adding an Alicorn form to Rapidash.)

DamienHelvian

Years
  • That could work, after all Life came from chaos and it's said that it'll end in Chaos. In Norse mythology the gods eventually die as do their enemies. From that chaos new life is born...so it may be Infinity...which fits with the theory of multiple universes facing in and out of existence infinite times...however the idea may be too complicated for a game like Pokémon...

It's not as if they're not already making it more complicated than it should be... And with each generation, they get Deeper, and Deeper... [metaphorically, as in "that's totally deep"]

Look at Gen IV, Creation Trio...Time, Space, and Anti. As well as Arceus, the Creator... and Gen V also has their creation thing, as they speak of how the Unova region was Created by a the original one, Kyurem's true self. [Which, I hope they work on... I want to see the true Kyurem, at least in a movie, if not the games]

They could take the next step, even if they can't really go any further than the Creation Trio and Arceus. If hey make a sequel set instead of a Trilogy, they could do Infinity and Eternity (Representing two-sides of the coin of reality, Infinity is Space and Eternity is Time. Infinity the Light and Eternity the Dark, etc.) Although I like Chaos better, and I'm sure every brony who plays Pokemon would agree.
    Hey, they could even try and get John de Lancie to voice the Chaos Legendary in the Anime, like they had Arceus talk (I mean, who else can truly portray Chaos?)
    I wonder if they'll ever implement voices in the games...

Infinity does not inherently have to be nothingness. But I think that's a topic for a totally different thread.

I think it was a deliberate decision to make Xerneas the 'life' pokemon and not the 'creation' pokemon; though it's possible it wasn't. I think the word 'creation' pairs up with 'destruction' intuitively because of the suffix '-tion.' I think what might be a central theme for the legendaries is 'civilization.' 'Life,' in the context of civilization, refers to an active state of the civilization. 'Destruction' refers to the end of the civilization, more-so-than death anyways. It could be possible that the third pokemon would relate to the peril, or chaos, that runs throughout a civilization before its collapse... So maybe? I think it might be a bit of a stretch but I think the reasoning can be found... I wouldn't count on a Discord pokemon though.
    (Although Game Freak could totally cash in on the MLP craze by adding an Alicorn form to Rapidash.)

I think the only reason they did Life and not Creation is because of the Creation Trio from Gen IV... But they can still use the aspect. As for Civilization, it more represents Chaos, as it does play a part in Chaos Theory. Humanity and Civilization are the ultimate living representation of how Chaos works. Spreading, infecting, controlling, changing everything around it. Life, more represents Nature, the Forest, [Xerneas is sort of like the Spirit/King of the Forest as I stated previously, not sure if this is the thread though}

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    (Just a prediction on what it might be)We all know that there are X&Y chromosomes. There are also Z chromosomes found in Chickens, turkeys and moths. Now since we know that the game is based in france, and France is a European country and In european mythology,there is a mythical chicken called a cockatrice. So the Z legendary might be some thing like this. Also since it's two things a chicken it could support the (Apparent) DNA theme in this gen. . I also found this, Arthur Fox-Davies describes the cockatrice as "comparatively rare" in heraldry.[9]It was the heraldic beast of the Langleys of Agecroft Hall in Lancashire, England as far back as the 14th century.[10]. From what I can tell it's a european myth tho. Also A cockatrice is a mythical beast, essentially a two-legged dragon with a rooster's head. Described by Laurence Breiner as "an ornament in the drama and poetry of the Elizabethans", it featured prominently in English thought and myth for centuries. Site:http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockatrice .I know somebodys gonna say, Something like the games based in france. Well France and England had wars against eachother. So they have history with eachother, and I could see game freak having a few pokemon that are based of animals that live in England to.So IWhat do you think about this?

Very interesting theory. However, I'd say that the most compelling explanation for the origins of Generation 6 and speculation for the hypothetical Pokemon Z legendary comes from the theory that this generation has its roots in Norse mythology.

The whole thing is explained succinctly (if a bit crudely) in this Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-OMbaRBvOw

I think this theory is incredibly cool. I love all sorts of mythology, by the way, so...yeah. I love guessing the myths from which the creators derived the legendaries of each generation.

Essentially, evidence strongly suggests that the legendaries of Pokémon X and Y are derived from the Norse myth of Yggdrasil, the giant cosmic tree that connects the nine realms (Earth/Midgard being one of them, and Asgard (Norse heaven) being another). Anyway, Yggdrasil is inhabited by several legendary creatures. Chief among these creatures are the three following:

• A blind eagle perched at the top of the tree who can peer into peoples' souls
    • Four stags (deer) who live in the branches of Yggdrasil and have gemstone encrusted antlers, each with a different color
    • An evil, serpentine dragon who lives beneath Yggdrasil and gnaws at its roots
    So essentially, Yveltal is based on the eagle and Xerneas is based on the stags. Therefore, its highly likely that another legendary, one for Z, is based on the dragon who lives beneath the tree. And it really fits: who better to have a Z-shaped body than a serpent?

DamienHelvian

Years
  • Very interesting theory. However, I'd say that the most compelling explanation for the origins of Generation 6 and speculation for the hypothetical Pokemon Z legendary comes from the theory that this generation has its roots in Norse mythology.

The whole thing is explained succinctly (if a bit crudely) in this Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-OMbaRBvOw

I think this theory is incredibly cool. I love all sorts of mythology, by the way, so...yeah. I love guessing the myths from which the creators derived the legendaries of each generation.

Essentially, evidence strongly suggests that the legendaries of Pokémon X and Y are derived from the Norse myth of Yggdrasil, the giant cosmic tree that connects the nine realms (Earth/Midgard being one of them, and Asgard (Norse heaven) being another). Anyway, Yggdrasil is inhabited by several legendary creatures. Chief among these creatures are the three following:

• A blind eagle perched at the top of the tree who can peer into peoples' souls
    • Four stags (deer) who live in the branches of Yggdrasil and have gemstone encrusted antlers, each with a different color
    • An evil, serpentine dragon who lives beneath Yggdrasil and gnaws at its roots
    So essentially, Yveltal is based on the eagle and Xerneas is based on the stags. Therefore, its highly likely that another legendary, one for Z, is based on the dragon who lives beneath the tree. And it really fits: who better to have a Z-shaped body than a serpent?

First, Sorry to everyone who thinks I'm annoying for being almost every other post...I'm just the kind of person who likes to respond....I hope it's not against the rules or something...

Secondary, Yggdrasil represents the beginning and end of all things. It is the tree of life, and if it dies, so does everything else. the Serpent represents the ever-present possibility/inevitability of the end of all things. But, if Yggdrasil dies, it dies, and from it's body, a new tree would rise. And though it is chewing on Yggdrasil, essentially destroying it, it also provides life in its own way. That presence, pushes Yggdrasil to keep going, if the serpent dies, so does Yggdrasil, and then a new one would rise.[I don't know much about Norse mythology, but it does derive from certain aspects of Archaic mythology, which I do know about, so bear with me on my thought processes]

Again, it does come down to what me and Magma were talking about, Creation, Destruction, and Chaos. The deer, represent life, nature. Where they walk, trees, flowers, plants grow. [The Spirit of the Forest comes from the same myth]. The Eagle, whom can peer into the souls of living thing, represents Judgement. In various versions of the myth, it also represents Death, or destiny, in that it can decide when someone is to die. And the serpent, represents Chaos, that which is in all things. As Yggdrasil represents all things, and the serpent, not just chewing at its roots, is part of Yggdrasil. They need each other. [And a Draconequus, with the body of a serpent, would again fit well here. If you look at different ancient arts of different serpent Deities, they are somewhat...squarely drawn, usually in the shape of an S or similar, so the artwork of this Legendary could be drawn in much the same way to look like a Z]

There are other ways of portraying it, Heart, Body, and Mind, etc. But different mythology, I'm done with this spiel.

Back