• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Z-Move Add On

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
"The Dev Build" The version of the Z-Move script you are currently working on with Lucidious
The Second screenshot: I brought this exact problem up with Lucidious and when he looked at the public code and the private code you two are working on he mentioned via DM's he said, Quote: "the version im using is heavily modified compared to the one he posted in the thread, and that part of the code is actually different" end Quote.
The dev build is different, as it integrates also Dynamax. When you report a bug, I check on the "original build" (Essentials v18.dev + the Z-move plugin and that's all). When I say I can't replicate your bug, it's on the original build.

Looking further back into the code cw.zbutton is indeed equal to 2 simply because when the problem arises I receive the message "Primarina surrounded itself with its Z-Power!" which only triggers when pbUseZMove is called. I'm unsure how to check which condition pbCompatibleZMoveFromIndex? is in
Comment the line:
Code:
        if cw.zbutton == 2 && !battler.pbCompatibleZMoveFromIndex?(cw.index)
and add above:
Code:
        ret = battler.pbCompatibleZMoveFromIndex?(cw.index)
        pbMessage(_INTL("compatible = {1}", ret))
        pbMessage(_INTL("zbutton = {1}", cw.zbutton))
        if cw.zbutton == 2 && !ret
and tell me what the messages return.

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
Years
Compatible was false and Z-Button was 0. Using Moonblast did set Compatible to true and Z-Button was still 0. I decided to change the condition of cw.zbutton == 2 to cw.zbutton == 0 and it fixed it.

StCooler

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Compatible was false and Z-Button was 0. Using Moonblast did set Compatible to true and Z-Button was still 0. I decided to change the condition of cw.zbutton == 2 to cw.zbutton == 0 and it fixed it.
Ok...

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 22, 2023
The game crashes when I try to add a Z Move to a Pokemon with out the type the Z move supports. (i.e. give my Appletun without a Bug move a Buginium Z and the game crashes) Any fix? (

OH Im dumb. are the key crystals for opponents and held items for the player? If so, can I fix it so there is no crashing when I add in the 2less Z Crystal (in the PBS, the key item version) ingame?

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/195683353121390592/797622406650527751/unknown.png

Last edited:

StCooler

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
The game crashes when I try to add a Z Move to a Pokemon with out the type the Z move supports. (i.e. give my Appletun without a Bug move a Buginium Z and the game crashes) Any fix? (

OH Im dumb. are the key crystals for opponents and held items for the player? If so, can I fix it so there is no crashing when I add in the 2less Z Crystal (in the PBS, the key item version) ingame?

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/195683353121390592/797622406650527751/unknown.png
There are two versions of Z-crystals:
- BUGINIUMZ, which is a Key item the player has in the bag;
- BUGINIUMZ2, which is an item to be held by the Pokémon (your Pokémon, and NPC's Pokémons).

When the player has a BUGINIUMZ in their bag, they "use" it to give a BUGINIUMZ2 to a chosen Pokémon.

This design choice was made by the Reborn team, and I kept it in my release. Be aware that Lucidious89 (the guy behind the Dynamax plugin) and myself are working on a compatibility patch. Among other things, we solved this "double-item" thing. For now, release is not scheduled, but we are close, so be ready to replace your scripts ^^

StCooler

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today

I saw your message on the Generation 8 project topic; did you solve your crash problem?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 22, 2023
Nope. Turns out I have to readd Gen8 personally too (because the one I downloaded was oddly an earlier version to another but new dev).

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Is the original Add On script available anywhere? The link in the OP doesn't work it seems.

Back