• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Competitive] Zacian-Crowned banned from Ubers with a with a 86.53% supermajority

Years
  • I don't know a lot about the Ubers meta but I'm not at all surprised. It already has a ridiculously high atk, speed and typing and its others stats aren't too bad. Then, on top of that, its Ability gives it a free +1 to attack automatically. To add insult to injury, it compounds this with a pretty great movepool that includes Swords Dance. It reminds me a lot of the days of Naganadel in OU back in Gen 7 where it was extremely busted thanks to Beast Boost + Nasty Plot on it's high SpA and speed except even more extreme.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    oh shit it was banned from Ubers

when I first read the thread title I missed that bit lol

Does this make it only the second Pokemon to ever get banned from Ubers, or have other things also been sent off to AG since Mega Ray? Haven't really been paying attention to the meta for the past 2-3 years.

Years
  • oh shit it was banned from Ubers

when I first read the thread title I missed that bit lol

Does this make it only the second Pokemon to ever get banned from Ubers, or have other things also been sent off to AG since Mega Ray? Haven't really been paying attention to the meta for the past 2-3 years.

As far as I know, it's the second ever.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Zacian-C was beyond ridiculous even for Ubers. However, I am a bit confused by the threshold for banning something from Ubers, after Primal Groudon ruined two straight generations of Ubers by being required on nearly every serious team. To say Zacian-C was more overcentralizing than Primal Groudon is frankly silly. Groudon's presence alone determined whether something was viable, especially in Gen 6. Look at Palkia, which went from dominant to worthless. While it's great that fewer matches will come down to speed ties, it is hard to envision that Zacian's ban will have the same impact that a Groudon ban would have.

Back