• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Zebstrika VS [Galvantula]

Galvantula or Zebstrika?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
  • My vote had to go to Galvantula for this one. Galvantula is one of the few spiders in existence that I actually like (pretty much all the rest I am scared of). Galvantula gives a great first impression. It's so fluffy. Zebstrika does have better Dream World art, but that doesn't really matter in the scheme of things. I'd rather be idk... Spiderman. If they went up against each other in battle, I'm not really sure who would win, Zebstrika only has Flame Charge to use, while Galvantula would probably be able to do better damage with STAB Bug Buzz.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • It's a very close competition for me. ^^ Zebstrika gave me a better impression because I find the design on Zebstrika's body to be quite intriguing and very cool to look at, which to me stands out more in its DW art. Although I have to say, Galvantula is quite close at its impression though, which I find it cute and adorable due to its small physique. :D I would want to turn into a Galvantula, because Zebstrika appears to be quite bad-tempered, which is one quality that I wouldn't like to have. X) I'm not sure which would win a battle, in my opinion it could go either way.

To be honest I love both of them, but since currently it has lower votes, I have to go with Zebstrika. :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Zebstrika all the way. He looks much more intimidating, has a better movepool imo, and is cuter. I would say he would win in a battle against a Galvantula, but that's probably my biased hatred against that little spider. I hate it. Creeps me out. </3

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Zebstrika all the way. He looks much more intimidating, has a better movepool imo, and is cuter.
    Thank you! Honestly, I first thought Zebstrika would win this poll in a heartbeat, I didn't really notice how many people liked Galvantula.

I mean don't get me wrong, it's a cute ELECTRIC spider, but its pre-evolution is better in design (and friendly). Zebstrika is our first zebra! How is that not amazing? Plus instead of the generic black stripes and white body, GameFreak went with a shade of black with white stripes. I mean come on, the shiny is purple with white stripes! What's not to love? :B

ZEBSTRIKA FTW

Years

• Thank you! Honestly, I first thought Zebstrika would win this poll in a heartbeat, I didn't really notice how many people liked Galvantula.

I mean don't get me wrong, it's a cute ELECTRIC spider, but its pre-evolution is better in design (and friendly). Zebstrika is our first zebra! How is that not amazing? Plus instead of the generic black stripes and white body, GameFreak went with a shade of black with white stripes. I mean come on, the shiny is purple with white stripes! What's not to love? :B

ZEBSTRIKA FTW

She's right, I love Zebstrika cos it's a zebra and I typically love black and white colored animals.

I guess the reason so many voted Galvantula was cos of the Compoundeyes-boosted Thunder. I hate spiders...

Plus, my Zebstrika managed to cream Elesa's entire team. I taught her Attract which really made a difference. It can be awesome if trained right.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    This is a toughie one. I'd have to go with...well let me think here.

Galvantula- a Bug/Electric type. Has great Speed and decent Special Attack. In OU tier. Has a decent movepool, with might strong attacks like Bug Buzz, Thunder/Bolt, Energy Ball and so on.

Zebstrika- A mono-Electric type. Has great (a tad faster than Galvantula's) Speed and decent Physical Attack (a tad stronger than Galvantual's Special Attack). In a NU tier. Has a poor movepool to benefit its Physical attacks, which shows more support for its Special Attacks which isn't that impressive.

I'm going to have to go with the bug. The Spider is way more impressive and unique in it's design and typing. Could be a threat in some cases, as for Zebstrika, there are better options.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    IT IS MONDAY.

...and thus Zebstrika loses, and PC had downtime til after I went to bed last night and I've been busy this morning and now FINALLY I can make the weekly poll. So yeah this one is unstickied brb doing it.

Sucks though, Zebstrika should've won!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I used both of these Pokemon in my team and managed to hate both of them in equal measure. They're both just so brittle and have such horrible movesets and I really wanted to like them both and I just can't. I just can't, you guys. If I have to choose, I'd marginally go with Zebstrika, as it normally managed to withstand one hit before fainting horribly.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2012
    Galvantula hands-down. Zebstrika's flaw is that it can only learn a few offensive moves (Wild and Flame Charge). Galvantula's 91% accurate Thunder attack with Bug Buzz and pretty good speed made it one of my favorites when i played Pokemon White.

xGunLuis

Let's Player
    Years
  • i like both because they each have their own unique strengths :P but the pre-evolve form of galvantula is adorable

Back