• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Zebstrika VS [Galvantula]

Galvantula or Zebstrika?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    OMGOMGOMG GUYS,
    I'M SORRY FOR THE DELAY.

Anyway here's our weekly poll for this week!!! & It's quite electrifying! lame puns ftw

Zebstrika VS [Galvantula]

Which one gives you the better impression & why?
    Which Dream World art stands out the most to you?

If you could be one of these Pokémon (actually transform into one!) which one would you want to turn into?

Against one another, who would win the battle?

Galvantula or Zebstrika?!

GOGOGO!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Galvantula is really cool because Bug/Electric is an awesome typing (and 91% accurate Thunders are awesomeeee) but Zebstrika is really cool too just cos it's a zebra and awesome. Competitively (shut up this is the only way I think) Galvantula is far, far better just because it has a better STAB combination and strong. Dream World-art wise... Zebstrika, definitely. UH IDK ABOUT TRANSFORMING INTO A POKEMON IM NOT JUSTINRPG OKAY

Annnnnnnnnnnnd I'm just gonna pick randomly since I think they're equally good. ;;

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Galvantula, it has a nicer name and a more interesting design (and its quite cute awh.

I prefer Zebstrika's posing.

If you could be one of these Pokémon (actually transform into one!) which one would you want to turn into?
    Probably Zebstrika, less people are scared of Zebra.

Zebstrika, it has access to fire moves after all.

In terms of movepool, Galvantula is a bit more diverse an interesting, however I think overall Zebstrika is the winner for sheer awesome zebra vibes.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    The Spider duh! lol The zebra didn't do it for me. I don't feel like it could sweep anything if given the chance. I, myself, wouldn't wouldn't use the spider.....got a thing about spiders.....:(

blue

gucci
    Years
    Good one!

Zebstrika, mainly because it's the first Zebra Pokémon out of five generations!

Galvantula, the colours, positioning and the art overall just appeals to me more.

Tough one, Galvantula for speed and Zebstrika for appearence so tied really.

Zebstrika, just seems like it's slightly more powerful based upon it's looks.

Zebstrika, as much as I like the both of them I've had experience with both and I found Zebstrika to be more helpful but Galvantula is still an awesome Pokémon.

Ghiaccio

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Eh, I'd say Galvantula, I like the spider design, and the typing is pretty cool too.
    Zebstrika, it just looks more... confident I guess, the pose is better at the very least
    Um... Idk I'd rather not turn into either but I'd probably turn into Zebstrika, because I'd rather not be a spider (plus the chances of being eaten if it was a pokemon-eat-pokemon world) and Zebstrika... yeah idk anyways...
    Probably Galvantula, unless Zebstrika got really lucky with a flame charge, but I'm going with Galvantula, Bug Buzz or something similar would take it out real fast.
    Galvantula! Overall, I just like it better, but Zebstrika is still really cool too (but I'd probably never use Zeb in a playthrough)

Years
    Which one gives you the better impression & why? Zebstrika, cos I'm more of a zebra fan compared to a spider fan.
    Which Dream World art stands out the most to you? Zebstrika, it looks cool.
    If you could be one of these Pokémon (actually transform into one!) which one would you want to turn into? I'd be Zebstrika, just cos I used one in Black and she was my star in the Nimbasa Gym, sweeping Elesa's entire team.
    Against one another, who would win the battle? Zebstrika, cos it can use Flame Charge which is super-effective on Galvantula.
    Galvantula or Zebstrika?! I'm a Zebstrika girl, I just don't like bugs that much.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    Which one gives you the better impression and why?
    Galvantula, by quite a lot. It's appearance reminds me of a cooler Ariados, which already looked great, and I like spiders anyway.

Galvantula has a very odd appearance on it's own, so it's DW art stands out the most to me. Honestly, though, I'm not the best guy to ask about DW, because I don't really use it.

If you could be one of these Pokemon, which one would you want to turn into?
    Scaling vertical walls, keeping people away with electrified webs, having 6 eyes, and looking awesome are only some of the benifits that becoming a Galvantula would herald. Definitely Galvantula.

Against one another, which one would win the battle?
    Sure, Zebstrika has Flame Charge. However, it has poor stats that make it frail to just about any attack that hits it. Galvantula has Compoundeyes, giving it great accuracy to go along with it's moveset. A fight between these two could go either way, really, but I'd have to, unfortunately, say Zebstrika wins here. If Flame Charge misses, though, then Galvantula would likely win.

Zebstrika or Galvantula?
    Definitely Galvantula. I like insects/arachnids in general, and I really, really, really dislike Zebstrika's design. It also helps that Galvantula has one of the best designs in Generation 5.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I happen to like Galvantula more, better design, better movepool, and better concept in general lol.

Years
    I think Galvantula wins for me. Zebstrika looks cooler, but Galvantula is just a lot better of a Pokemon, and has good, fairly balanced stats.

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2013
    At first glance the better impression is Zebstrika, it definately has an air of being tough about it (The "Can't Judge A Book By It's Cover" rule comes into play here. haha)

Zebstrika; The pose is just a lot 'cooler' than Galvantula's Dream World art.

Galvantula, because I think it would be really interesting to be a bug type that has electric capabilities

Zebstrika would win, assuming the trainer has kept it's fire attack while training it

Galvantula, I just plain love the Joltik - Galvantula line of evolution, one of the few things that didn't make me want to cry about black and white

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like Galvantula better because of its secondary Bug typing, which gives it STAB on Bug Buzz. 91% accurate Thunders, courtesy of CompoundEyes, are also neat.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I don't dislike them, but by the same token I am not too high on them either like I am with Eelektross. In terms of appearance and design I like Zebstrika and in terms of battling I'd probably opt with Galvantula, since Zebstrika seemed pretty useless mid game. I will give Zebstrika a slight edge cause it is owned by Stephan.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay so this is hard. Mainly for me I... care more about their battling skills, so completely ignoring the fact that Shimama... uh, Blitzle was one of my first Unova favourites, and that Galvantula was my favourite for many months, I'm going to just have to forget all that and think entirely about battling like that's hard.

KAY SO, when I saw the poll, I immediately thought "HMMM IS GALVANTULA NU? IF SO THAT'D BE PRETTY AWESOME TO USE" and then I checked Smogon, and nope, which was my first disappointment. However, as a negative for Zebstrika, it did beat my team at one point. HOWEVER, I dislike the tier Galvantula is in for no logical reason whatsoever, and since I'm doing nu lately... I pick Zebstrika.

That is probably the worst reason to pick a Pokemon ever I'm sorry world, lool. :(

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Galvantula? Man, I want a Galvantula now cause he's that awesome. I think I'm not much of a battler, so I only need something that's good enough.

Oh, and cutest spider ever <3

Impression? Galvantula (Zebby looks so boring)
    DW? Galvantula
    In a battle, Zebby would win against Gab. Not that it matters, though.

Can I be a Galvantula?

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    Zebstrika. I used both Pokémons in my team, and I think the zebra is stronger.
    And I don't really like Galvantula... Compared to the badass spider of gen 2, Gyarados, it's insignificant for me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    FUZZY SPIDER. Because it's fuzzy, cute, yellow, and doesn't suck. I love using Galvantula and used on in my first run of White, and I'm actually using it again in my English White because it's so fuzzy and great.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Hard poll, actually. I like both in terms of usability and design. They tied in practically everything in my book.

But I choose Galvantula because of the dual typing. :)

Years
    -Zebstrika, I love its simplistic yet effective design.

-Zebstrika, I love its expression haha.

-Hmm... I'd rather be a zebra than a spider lol.

-I'm honestly not sure lol.

Galvantula or Zebstrika?
    -Gotta be Zebstrika for me :)

Back