• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zero no Tsukaima [The Familiar of Zero] (All FOUR seasons)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Zero no Tsukaima [The Familiar of Zero] (All FOUR seasons)

MyAnimeList.net - Season 1 said:
    Louise is a magician at the Tristein Academy, dubbed with the nickname "Zero Louise" due to her inability to effectively use her magic properly, resulting in zero successes. An upcoming test at her academy requires her to summon a familiar, a servant and partner to support her as a magician. Despite desiring a familiar that would be superior to her constantly mocking classmates, Louise ends up summoning Hiraga Saito, your average Japanese boy. Even with Louise and Saito both unwilling to accept each other, they have no choice. Louise cannot attempt another summoning and Saito cannot return to Japan, and so their life together begins. Based on the novel by Noboru Yamaguchi.
    MyAnimeList.net - Season 2 said:
    This sequel is a continuation of the previous season, not long after the war. Louise and Saito seemingly getting along now since she knows that he had given up his only chance to return to Tokyo for her. The story continues as Louise begins to use Void Magic from a mysterious secret book she had recieved from her majesty Henrietta, while a new villain has appeared in town causing trouble.
    MyAnimeList.net - Season 3 said:
    Following Saito's heroic actions in the War with Albion in season two, Saito & Louise return to Tristain, only to have the runes which bind Saito & Louise disappear. Saito & Louise struggle with a relationship no longer defined as Master & Familiar, as they search for an Elf who has the power to restore the dead to life, and may hold the key to understanding Saito's loss of the Gandalfr's power.
    MyAnimeList.net - Season 4 said:
    ??? [Airing Jan. 7, 2012]

This thread is a discussion for the four seasons of Zero no Tsukaima. Please keep all things that might ruin the anime/manga for others in spoilers and have fun discussing.

Here are some questions to start it off, keep on discussing after answering these!

Which character is your favorite? Why is s/he your favorite? Which season is your favorite? Would you rate this series as good or bad? Why?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I started the first season a week or two ago when I was internetless for a week, but sadly I only had two eps. ;.;
    I finished it up a day or two ago and started the second season today. I want to see if I can finish the second season and the third before the fourth comes out.

Thus far it's an ok show, nothing really outstanding but it keeps me coming back. And at this point I can't really say I have a fav character. I'm not really fond of Louise or Saito (they're ok, but not really stand out enough to be listed as favs), maybe someone will come along.

Years
    I finished the first couple of seasons, but upon watching the third season, I just felt the same thing repeating over and over. I dropped the series afterward; might pick it up again if positive reviews on the fourth season manifest. I'm not implying the show is in any way bad, it's actually pretty entertaining, but that specific genre that combines school, harem, magic, ecchi, comedy..doesn't quite interest me anymore.

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Woot! Is the 4th season really coming out?

Thus far it's an ok show, nothing really outstanding but it keeps me coming back. And at this point I can't really say I have a fav character. I'm not really fond of Louise or Saito (they're ok, but not really stand out enough to be listed as favs), maybe someone will come along.
    Me neither, I was really into the story, Plus i wanna see more funny scenes, and hope to see more scenes with Tiffania. Haha

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I will be watching although if it's as bad as the current series of Shana it will end up on my ever growing holding infinitely list.

As for the first series I kinda liked the male protagonist but Louise does suck. As for the rest I can only vaguely remember Siesta (maid?), a ****ty queen and another Rei Ayanami clone.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I finished up season 2 the day after I made that post and I was quite surprised how much more liked it then the first.
    I'm going to start season 3 sometime today or tomorrow and I hope I like it as much as I did the 2nd.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Mmmmmm, can't really say I was impressed with it, seemed like more of the same to be honest. Reintroducing all the characters, etc. Hopefully they actually provide a satisfying ending to this thing now that the novel's finished.

More importantly, hopefully this doesn't kill all of Kugyuu's voices for the other roles she's doing since she has two Kugyuu character voices on her plate now >>

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Just watched episode one and it was as meh as ever. Still more watchable than Shana F though.

More importantly, hopefully this doesn't kill all of Kugyuu's voices for the other roles she's doing since she has two Kugyuu character voices on her plate now >>

I do not follow, could you rephrase that please?

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Just watched episode one and it was as meh as ever. Still more watchable than Shana F though.

Besides the part where this is a thread for ZnT /glance, the main problem Shana actually has is that the story actually progressed instead of resetting to zero (hence the title *coughcough*) after every piece of development. If they had taken their time catching up to the point in the novel where they started off, it would have been fine. Unfortunately, rick and all says that they want to finish it as quickly as possible, so they're basically rushing to the end of the novel, whereas with Zero they can just skip to the ending arc assuming they don't need any more (important) character introductions.

I do not follow, could you rephrase that please?

Oh, guess you don't actually know then. Kugimiya Rie actually has a great voice, it's just that she's been pegged into the role of the tsundere loli since Shana became a big hit (known as "Kugyuu characters"). As a result, most people end up assuming that the Kugyuu character role is the only role she ever voices. She has two other roles running this season, being from Persona 4 and Symphogear respectively. I don't know about her voice role symphogear so much yet, but every once in a while, I hear that Kugyuu-side voice pop out from Rise, so I'm hoping that the double hitter of voicing Shana and Louise this season doesn't increase the chance that voice showing up even more.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Ah right had never heard, or perhaps taken note of the "Kugyuu" phrase. As for being worried about her next work I don't think you need to be, she's had that loli tsundere thing hanging over her head for ages yet she's still been cast as loads of decent characters which have allowed her to show her range (in fact 2 of her non sucky ones are running atm)

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    As I've stated above there XD

But ya, Kugyuu is her nickname among fans

Years
    Last edited:

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Yup, What an Awsome Ending. :-)
    Spoiler:

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    I started watching this awhile back and in the beginning it was pretty good. I didn't want to read too deep into this thread because of spoilers. But do you think I should pick it back up? And does Saito get better with a sword? lol

Back