• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Zoroark & Zorua Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    Well some people oppose having a legendary evolve...though it could be more of a Psuedo if it has the power of a legend :)

No, I mean they're holding on to the impossible idea that Zoroark is the new "Lucario". If something is event only, it isn't a one-off. It's a, how shall I say, NEVER-off.

What's so legendary about Zorua and Zoroark? I think Rocky505 got it right, they're most likely going to be one-off pokemon.
    How much proof do you people need that Zoroark IS NOT a Lucario? You can only get it through an event. The end.

Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire Zoroark & Zorua Discussion

Well that last statement isn't true...there are many of a kind in the Anime...multiple Articunos, Zapdos, and Moltres's...
    I think he was using sarcasm there..

Anyways, I don't think Zorua and Zoroark are going to be legendaries. They seem more like mascots than legendaries. and i don't get why people are convinced Zorua doesn't evolve into Zoroark,it looks obvious to me that it does.

He wasn't being sarcastic, bud:
    Have you been watching the Johto League Champions on TV, MagmaRuby?
    Because one of the latest episodes aired on TV featured Articuno and the characters said there were more than one;
    Like the Articuno in the Orange Islands and the one there, for instance.
    And now that I think of it, the anime always refers to legendary pokemon (Excluding the "Cover" Legendaries) as plural, like: "Look! A Mew!" or, even the episodewhere Lugia has a little Lugia baby...
    I think there's more than one of almost every non-cover legendaries.
    A pokemon is legendary because its sort of super rare. If a pokemon can breed it isnt that rare.

By this logic Zoroark is a legendary but Zoroa isnt.
    It's a legendary because there are legends about them, duh.
    It says that in the anime.
    zorua and zoroark arent legendaies they just represent as riolu and lucario in the 5th gen. (only stronger)
    Oh, geez. Again; if they were the Lucario/Riolu of their generation, Zoroark WOULD NOT BE EVENT ONLY AND NEITHER WOULD ZORUA

Last edited:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    It is the lucario because it got it's own movie and it is not a legendary. Both got Pre evos in the gen they were in. They even have a similar body shape.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
    Since when was Zorua/Zoroark legendary? Other than it being event-only, of course.

gardenia101 said:

So is Arcanine. IIRC it's even called the Legendary Pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    No, I mean they're holding on to the impossible idea that Zoroark is the new "Lucario". If something is event only, it isn't a one-off. It's a, how shall I say, NEVER-off.

How much proof do you people need that Zoroark IS NOT a Lucario? You can only get it through an event. The end.

He wasn't being sarcastic, bud:
    Have you been watching the Johto League Champions on TV, MagmaRuby?
    Because one of the latest episodes aired on TV featured Articuno and the characters said there were more than one;
    Like the Articuno in the Orange Islands and the one there, for instance.
    And now that I think of it, the anime always refers to legendary pokemon (Excluding the "Cover" Legendaries) as plural, like: "Look! A Mew!" or, even the episodewhere Lugia has a little Lugia baby...
    I think there's more than one of almost every non-cover legendaries.

Oh, geez. Again; if they were the Lucario/Riolu of their generation, Zoroark WOULD NOT BE EVENT ONLY AND NEITHER WOULD ZORUA
    Yeah I watched the anime that's why I said "
    the anime showed more than one Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres before" before :)

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
    magmaruby and aquasapphire said:
    Yeah I watched the anime that's why I said "
    the anime showed more than one Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres before" before

Anime does not equal games where the legendary pokes can't breed because that would be a gamebreaker and devalue the status of "legendary pokemon."

I'm not opposed to the Z's being legends, but where did you guys find that out?

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Okay, a legendary Pokemon is said to be powerful enough that it is a perfect form (where other pokemon evolve to get close to a perfect form) ergo they don't need to evolve since they are already perfect.
    This said, Zorua and Zoroark are not legendaries because Zorua evolves in to Zoroark and also they have been classified as not being legendary in their Corocoro release.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    So, the Z's aren't legendaries. Forgive me.

But do you think that Zorua/Zoroark are this generation's Lucario/Riolu?

I find that impossible, but.........

Discuss.
    I see that you thought they were legendaries before so you edited your post to this... But I don't think it's worth discussing if it's like Riolu/Lucario....

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I honestly don't have any love for either Zoura or Zoroark. I'll get them both just for the sake of having them, but I honestly may let them rot in my PC just as I did with Lucario.

As for their Legendary status...I think on one of the Updates on Serebii, they were mentioned to be Non-Legendary. I really don't care that much seeing as I hate all legends just for being Legendary.

Also note to Anime junkies, the Birds were never confirmed to be more than one. They just show up in different Locations, but they never said that there was more than one of each type. While in reverse, at least three of the Mirage Pokemon were shown to have Multiples. Shaymin, Celebi, and Mew(?). (I can't 100% remember if it was Mew) Also Deoxys was shown to have more than one of its species, as well as Regigigas (this is fan guessed not official). Other than that, Heatran and Entie's Pokedexs imply that there is more than one. Also Lugia in the Anime has shown the ability to breed. It had a baby in the Master Quest season of Johto adventures. Anime and Games are two different things and can't be used to defend points within one another.

Crazyhand

Always up for battle! VM me!
    Years
    Simply put, Zorua and Zoroark must be the 'new' lucario and riolu because both of these sets were released very earlier, they both have movies, Lucario's strange typing match's Zoroark's strange ability, and just by looking at them they must have similar base stats.

T33nyTurtwig

:D :D :D
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    YES! Zoroark and Zorua are the Lucario and Riolu of the 5th Gen. Look at their Designs!
    Lucario and Zoroark are thing at their stomach areas. They have stuff sticking out of their head! their legs go backwards abit at the end. Zoroark and Zorua is not legendary, and i think they will let you capture it near the end. Either that, or they give you a Zorua egg like in D/P/Pt.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    I honestly don't have any love for either Zoura or Zoroark. I'll get them both just for the sake of having them, but I honestly may let them rot in my PC just as I did with Lucario.

As for their Legendary status...I think on one of the Updates on Serebii, they were mentioned to be Non-Legendary. I really don't care that much seeing as I hate all legends just for being Legendary.

Also note to Anime junkies, the Birds were never confirmed to be more than one. They just show up in different Locations, but they never said that there was more than one of each type. While in reverse, at least three of the Mirage Pokemon were shown to have Multiples. Shaymin, Celebi, and Mew(?). (I can't 100% remember if it was Mew) Also Deoxys was shown to have more than one of its species, as well as Regigigas (this is fan guessed not official). Other than that, Heatran and Entie's Pokedexs imply that there is more than one. Also Lugia in the Anime has shown the ability to breed. It had a baby in the Master Quest season of Johto adventures. Anime and Games are two different things and can't be used to defend points within one another.

Well, maybe. But, for one, the birds have been confirmed. watch the episode we were talking about sometime. I'll get back to you about what episode it was.

YES! Zoroark and Zorua are the Lucario and Riolu of the 5th Gen. Look at their Designs!
    Lucario and Zoroark are thing at their stomach areas. They have stuff sticking out of their head! their legs go backwards abit at the end. Zoroark and Zorua is not legendary, and i think they will let you capture it near the end. Either that, or they give you a Zorua egg like in D/P/Pt.
    Let me say this again, slowly-

They..........are..........event..........pokemon!
    And that is official!
    You can catch Zoroark with a shiny Suicune, Entei, or Raikou, and Zorua with the special movie Celebi.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Let me say this again.

It does not matter that they are event pokemon they are not legendary!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah, but then again, you don't have to do the Iron Island quest and get a Riolu Egg.....

.....I do think they are sort of the "Riolu and Lucario of Gen V", in that they're almost considered legendary, have a starring role in a movie, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back