• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012; The Apocalypse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Chocolate.

n_n no.
Years
  • I think it's just some idiots who spread the rumor and laughing their ass out.
    Lmfao I wonder who that is.xD;
    I don't care about this stuff...
    Its fake...
    It's funny cuz' I have a feeling that there would be some dumbbutt and jump of a building when the DAY happens. When it really wouldn't.
    The scientists just want to scare everyone.>.>

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • bunch of groups of people say the earth is going to end on this date then the date comes and nothing happends same thing with 2012 its going to come and nothing is going to happen look at y2k nothing and man will never know the last day of the end of the world

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    bunch of groups of people say the earth is going to end on this date then the date comes and nothing happends same thing with 2012 its going to come and nothing is going to happen look at y2k nothing and man will never know the last day of the end of the world
    I said it 1000 times earlier, and I will say it again.

STOP COMPARING Y2K WITH 2012 THEY HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON! Y2K WAS IN INTERNET RUMOR THAT HAD NO BASIS OF FACT BUT 2012 DOES!

I still don't believe in 2012 though. :/ I just don't make stupid comments about it.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I said it 1000 times earlier, and I will say it again.

STOP COMPARING Y2K WITH 2012 THEY HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON! Y2K WAS IN INTERNET RUMOR THAT HAD NO BASIS OF FACT BUT 2012 DOES!

I still don't believe in 2012 though. :/ I just don't make stupid comments about it.
    That's a bit of an over-simplification. Y2K wasn't about the internet, it was about computers. The theory was that, since clocks on computers only counted in two digits (and would thus roll back over to 1900 at the turn of the century), there would be widespread computer failures that would royally screw over our economic system. That didn't happen thanks to the massive amount of preparation work done in anticipation of the event.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • My sister believes in the 2012 apocalypse for some reason... Last March I bet her five hundred dollars that it wouldn't happen, and she accepted! I get a few hundred USD if the world doesn't end... I can't lose! Well, I can't lose money on the bet, anyway.

xoBoxxy

Off the Wall
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Unless I have proof that the world will end in 2012, I choose to not believe this.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    That's a bit of an over-simplification. Y2K wasn't about the internet, it was about computers. The theory was that, since clocks on computers only counted in two digits (and would thus roll back over to 1900 at the turn of the century), there would be widespread computer failures that would royally screw over our economic system. That didn't happen thanks to the massive amount of preparation work done in anticipation of the event.
    I didn't say it was about the internet. I said it was an internet rumor, which means it was a rumor spread through the internet.

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    its a load of crap the reason why their calendar stops on that day is because after that day the whole calendar repeats itself (everything in the sky will start its patteren over)

Years
  • What?! Not another stupid 2012 thread!

People are getting paranoid about this. Heck, even Hollywood's getting into it with that stupid movie that's coming out, only adding to the paranoia machine.

How many times in the past has some wacko said that the world will end on this date and the date passes? The only reason this is gaining so much strength is because the Mayans and Nostradamus "predicted" it.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I would lol so hard if the world ended right when everybody realized they survived Dec.21,2012.

However, again, I don't care if the world ends now, or 1000 years from now. Going green, yes, peace, yes, watch the asteroids, yes, but if it happens, it happens. Live with no regrets. It's old, but if you do, it doesn't really matter when you go, does it?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    What?! Not another stupid 2012 thread!

People are getting paranoid about this. Heck, even Hollywood's getting into it with that stupid movie that's coming out, only adding to the paranoia machine.

How many times in the past has some wacko said that the world will end on this date and the date passes? The only reason this is gaining so much strength is because the Mayans and Nostradamus "predicted" it. and
    -- that there are multiple galactic occurrences happening on that date that happen only once every 20,000 years.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years

• -- that there are multiple galactic occurrences happening on that date that happen only once every 20,000 years.
    The same can be said every single day. There are always multiple galactic occurrences happening that happen only once every 20 thousand years. Space is a big place and there's a lot going on.

ProClifo

The Village Pirate Cat
    Years
  • My sister believes in the 2012 apocalypse for some reason... Last March I bet her five hundred dollars that it wouldn't happen, and she accepted! I get a few hundred USD if the world doesn't end... I can't lose! Well, I can't lose money on the bet, anyway.
    hahaha how old is your sister?

molepeople27

Pumpkin King
    Years
  • Well given the fact that the A.D.E. calender is off about 17 years
    Because when transcending the calender the years Caesar Augustus was never "officially" ruling weren't taken into account
    2009 + 17 = 2026

so nothing happened, don't lose any sleep over it

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • I don't beleive in such things. Like what happened in May 5, 2000. They said that the aligning of the planets can 'cause great disturbances in planet's revolution. But nothing happened. Same will happen in 2012, although different in prediction, but the outcome will be the same. Nothing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back