• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ability Discussion

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
  • I dont like the idea of creating abilities to please competitive play...
    I think it should be something which the actual game doesnt have..

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I wish the Ability For Zaoroark is Fortunate/Dogform
    Fortunate Ability make the Enemy's Level become same as Zoaroark's Level
    Dogform Ability makes Zaoroark Transform into Entei, Raikou, and Suicune

1problem- THEIR NOT DOGS!

their BEASTS, god im so sick of that stupid debate >.>
    go with the official name dammit >.>

so oyur ability shoudl be:
    BeastForme

Years
  • I have few:

Iron Boots-Boost's damage from kicks by 20%.

Knight(male only)-Protect's female Pokémon in double and triple battles, taking damage instead.

Horrifying Stench(what Muk's ablity should be!)-All Pokémon in the field are forced to switch out or flinch when Pokémon with this ablity comes to play.

Can't think anything more now :P

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • derp no, that MOVE would just be banned. Just like all evasion and accuracy moves.

I like the idea of a breaking through any type immunities ability. A bit of an upgrade on Scrappy.

Derp no to you actually, this is the disscussion of new abilities- qualities of a Pokemon that are always in effect while the Pokemon is in play or occasionally outside of battle (Pickup, Magma Armor, etc.), rather than new moves- an action that a Pokemon carries out during battle. That would be ridiculously overpowerd. Having constantly double boosted evasion? Really?

Anyways, I had a few ideas.

Peril Rush- Maxes out Attack and Sp. Attack when at or below 1/10 of your health.

Accurate Precision- Doubles Accuracy when left with exactly 1/2 of their health.

Energy Shift- Doubles one stat, and then changes every stat's placement each turn (Oh my god madness).

Dilapidating Armor- Triples defense on first turn, then decreases it each turn until your defense can't go lower.

Incompetent- Boosts Attack by 1 stage, but causes 30% recoil when a physical move is used.

That's all I have for now-

~Prof. W.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    colorblind-more damage is done to pokemon that are the same color as it

Years
  • There's some good ideas here. I like the one that makes ice moves 100% accuracy.

Now, here's one that may or may not be beneficial.

Cower - When hit with a critical hit, the pokemon retreats to the bench. Outside of battle, when the pokemon is in the lead, it prevents pokemon of a higher level from attacking you.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    There's some good ideas here. I like the one that makes ice moves 100% accuracy.

Cower - When hit with a critical hit, the pokemon retreats to the bench. Outside of battle, when the pokemon is in the lead, it prevents pokemon of a higher level from attacking you.

haha oh my god the ice 100% accuracy was my idea ha im surprised people seem to like it!! :P

as for cower, not to be thick but i dont really "get" the point of it..would you explain??

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • haha oh my god the ice 100% accuracy was my idea ha im surprised people seem to like it!! :P

as for cower, not to be thick but i dont really "get" the point of it..would you explain??

If I understand it correctly, it goes like this:

If a Bidoof with the Cower Ability is hit with Slash and it results in a critical hit, the Bidoof would then return. Out of battle, it would repel Pokémon of a higher level.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    If I understand it correctly, it goes like this:

If a Bidoof with the Cower Ability is hit with Slash and it results in a critical hit, the Bidoof would then return. Out of battle, it would repel Pokémon of a higher level.

yes but i dont get it. i mean whats the point of the bidoof returning to your party??

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Cower: Moves with the same type as this Pokemon lose half their damage and gain a chance to cause flinching unless they already have a chance to cause flinching.

There's some good ideas here. I like the one that makes ice moves 100% accuracy.

I didn't even see you used the same name as I did but I can't think of another word for mine xD

Last edited:

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I guess if you're particularly protective of your Bidoof... it helps... I don't know... I'm seeing it as more of a hinderance ability...

ya i would view it as a hinderance..think about it..

your bidoof is about to finish off an opponenets pokemon and then it gets a critical hit and bidoof goes back and say the only other pokemon in your party is luvdisc and it gets sent out and destroyed..

i wouldnt use a pokemon with cower

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Hive Mind - Increases all bug moves used by all bug pokemon, & changes all attacks to bug type (outside battle it attracts bug types&female pokemon)

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Adrenaline - When you face a Pokemon of a high level, increase your Atk. Sp. Atk and Speed by One Stage.

depending on the level difference id say between 1-3stages

like if its 5-20 = 1stage
    21-30 = 2stages
    anythin above goes 3stages

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    depending on the level difference id say between 1-3stages

like if its 5-20 = 1stage
    21-30 = 2stages
    anythin above goes 3stages
    I've a better idea.
    1-5 is one stage.
    5-10 is two.
    >10 is three.

But, it also works against you. If you're fighting one at a lower level, you're stats are decreased by the same amount of stages.

Also, Volroc, what is it with you and changing types of moves? Since, obviously, Bug Pokemon will have "Hive Mind", then they get STAB out of it. Imagine getting hit by a Scizor with that ability, using Giga Impact. Even if Hive Mind increases it by 50%, that, plus STAB from the Bug-type Giga Impact is 337 BP, with Scizor's 130 base attack stat. That's ridiculous. Even something like X Scissor, base 80, would be boosted to base 180. Or, even worse, would be Return. It wouldn't be too much weaker than Giga Impact, and it could be used every turn...

That was really long...

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I've a better idea.
    1-5 is one stage.
    5-10 is two.
    >10 is three.

But, it also works against you. If you're fighting one at a lower level, you're stats are decreased by the same amount of stages.

Also, Volroc, what is it with you and changing types of moves? Since, obviously, Bug Pokemon will have "Hive Mind", then they get STAB out of it. Imagine getting hit by a Scizor with that ability, using Giga Impact. Even if Hive Mind increases it by 50%, that, plus STAB from the Bug-type Giga Impact is 337 BP, with Scizor's 130 base attack stat. That's ridiculous. Even something like X Scissor, base 80, would be boosted to base 180. Or, even worse, would be Return. It wouldn't be too much weaker than Giga Impact, and it could be used every turn...

That was really long...

your thinkin botu late game/ wi fi, which i couldnt care less about

im thinkin early game, like the first bug type in the region early.

plus its common snese to have this ability, you should really study your bugs.

Back