• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arceus

What do you think about the Alpha Pokémon?

• Total voters

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
  • I would not be surprised if they continued, creating a pantheon though. (Like Arceus is Zeus, and they just continue adding and adding and adding lesser gods to the ranks)
    Very likely to happen, I guess.

Chairzard

Professor oak finished chair
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2008
    He's over powered and incredibly dumb looking, at least to my high tastes.Mewtwo is far cooler looking and should have remained the most powerful.A pokemon with a scyther like appearance would be a cool legendary.

But whatever Diamond and pearl suck, so does Ruby and sapphire though.

Gold and silver remake needed asap.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I kind of think it was a lame idea...I mean sure, a God-like Pokemon being created makes sense, but it seems kind of useless. Just another legendary for event hunters to locate/collect.

(Btw, is it pronounced Arr-kah-us or Ar-say-us or neither?)

braminoid

The bird is the word.
    Years
  • Arceus isn't that good there pokemon with better stats such as Blissey , Shuckle and Rampados and Judgement has the same Power/acc as Earthquake.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • I kind of think it was a lame idea...I mean sure, a God-like Pokemon being created makes sense, but it seems kind of useless. Just another legendary for event hunters to locate/collect.

(Btw, is it pronounced Arr-kah-us or Ar-say-us or neither?)

I don't think it was a lame idea; I think it ties in with the theme of Gen IV.

And according to PBR, it's pronounced Are-see-us

Arceus isn't that good there pokemon with better stats such as Blissey , Shuckle and Rampados and Judgement has the same Power/acc as Earthquake.

That may be, but Arceus has the highest base stat total of all Pokemon, and that's what counts. 120s across the board, which means that a always STAB Judgment is going to hurt alot more than an Earthquake from Blissey, my friend.

It may be strong but if you can catch it then it's not THE strongest!

Having an uncatchable Pokemon would kinda defeat the purpose of the game wouldn't it?

HaosMew

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Arceus is cool and all, but being the "God of all Pokemon", you can't really go beyond that. So unless Nintendo have run out of ideas for new Pokemon, they've kind of shot themselves in the foot. But then again, they could just release a new region, or a whole different planet, or something like that.

Years
  • To me Arceus is just like every other legendary pokemon because a legendary pokemon is a legendary pokemon and this is just another one of them but also i do agree that calling this the "god" pokemon it causes future problems with next gens

8th Wonder™

റിപ്പബ്ല? ??ക്ക്
    Years
  • It's just another Legendary. Besides, it's not the best in every stat. Shuckle has the best Defence ever, you have to admit.
    I wouldn't use Arceus in battles, since it ought to be hell easy to win.

Ryuu Akamatsu

Oh yeeeah!
    Years
  • Okay. Shuckle has better defense but Arceus still has better Attack, Speed, etc. The thing is, just because another Pokemon has one stat that's higher, that doesn't mean it's better for battling. With Arceus however, you have the best of all worlds. High stats in all areas. Say you have a Speed form Deoxys. Sure it has higher speed but arceus has higher everything else!

I think you see my point.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    It's just another Legendary. Besides, it's not the best in every stat. Shuckle has the best Defence ever, you have to admit.
    I wouldn't use Arceus in battles, since it ought to be hell easy to win.

You're honestly comparing arceus to shuckle? That's just stupid. Plenty of pokes are superior in stat yet still fail compared to others. Flareon has a better attack stat than arceus but you don't catch anybody using him do you?

Oh, and shuckle has the best defence stats, its defensive capabilities in general are laughable due to its abysmal HP (Lol 3HKO'd by blissey), lack of effective recovery and horrific movepool (Lol only offensive capability is toxic)

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    To me, it is just like any other legendary really. Just the "strongest" or the "creator." It did not have a really big impact on me, so it is just normal to mah.

Years
  • I personaly don't have any reason to like arceus other than the fact that he's a beast. first of all, he's got no tie in to the plot, and there is no epic quest or anything to get him. I mean, if this is suposed to be a big deal they should've at least given him a dungeon or something like they did with heateran.

he looks weird. most of the newer pokemon do, and I just don't like it. gen. 4 is going to take some geting used to.

as for the whole ultamate end/no gen. 5 I don't realy mind. as long as nintendo ceeps makeing good pokemon games I could care less, caus' there are soooooo many pokemon already.

Back