• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    There are many things that make remakes not up to everyone expections keep in my that all the people who worked on the original game are did not work on the remake. I guessed before it was released that there would be some disappointment in this remake, but I should be thankful that we got a remake though since this was what I wanted.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The new girl's socks is what I don't like. I can deal with it but it was just way too long.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Hrm, Seems everyone is up in arms about Kris being replaced.
    Since I'll be playing with Gold anyway, I doubt we'll have to worry about seeing the female trainer at all..
    Well, maybe in the beggining.
    But that's about it..
    My only complaint is.. That I want HG/SS now.
    I can't wait a whole year..

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
  • I'm seriously hoping that the tiles shown in the preview are just an early shown. If not, I will be very disappointed. Using old tiles is laziness in my opinion.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm seriously hoping that the tiles shown in the preview are just an early shown. If not, I will be very disappointed. Using old tiles is laziness in my opinion.

Well not all the tiles are really the same as DPPt, because the tree tiles have a different appearance in some of the towns. So at least you can't say all the tiles are the same.

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
  • Well not all the tiles are really the same as DPPt, because the tree tiles have a different appearance in some of the towns. So at least you can't say all the tiles are the same.

True, but it still seems too similar to D/P/Pt and won't give the "Johto feel" without some brighter tiles, in my opinion.

Might just be me, really, but I'd strongly prefer new tiles.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
  • Hrm, Seems everyone is up in arms about Kris being replaced.
    Since I'll be playing with Gold anyway, I doubt we'll have to worry about seeing the female trainer at all..
    Well, maybe in the beggining.
    But that's about it..
    My only complaint is.. That I want HG/SS now.
    I can't wait a whole year..

actually, the character you don't choose will play a support role (like on dp) so even if you play as Gold, you will still be seeing her quite a lot ^^

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • Psyburn, you are a hero. :D

One thing:

Gold (fan name?) looks identical to his older self in the originals. Krys (fan name?) looks NOTHING like the original character and worse, looks so stupid its beyond belief.

The names "Gold" and "Kris" are based off of the in-game naming options. Gold is the first listed default Nintendo name suggestion for the hero in the game Pokémon Gold--although it's Silver in the game Pokémon Silver; but since the first games in a Pokémon game duo (Red and Green/Blue, Gold and Silver, Ruby and Sapphire...) are generally the most popular, the default names from the first in a pair are generally adopted. Same origin for Kris's name, that's the first name option for the female character in Crystal. Sorta-fan-names, but sorta-canon as well, because Gold and Kris are both name suggestions for the main characters.

... Huh. Since this is the complaint thread, I'd better keep this on topic by finding something to complain about, shouldn't I? Um... I'm annoyed that we'll have to wait months after the Japanese release to get it in English. True, every Pokémon game that ever was and ever will be made will be released like that, but that doesn't make it any less aggravating. :P

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Everyone is excited about the changes and new things and updates to the games... I'm the opposite. I wouldn't mind a couple small changes, but that's it. The Gold and Silver games are perfect, and basically the only thing I want in the game are better graphics. :x

Then again, I'm one of the folks that hold onto things forever and get emotionally attached to small things. XD So I'm not really one for change anyway. D:

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    the fact that there is even one complaint on this amazing to be remake is shocking to me.

[rant]

GSC was by far the greatest thing to happen to pokemon ever. EVER. (then DPPt, i hated Gen3). The fact that some character differences are making some people /rage is making me RAGE. "ZOMG HER HAT IZ SO HUEG ITS GOING TO AFFECT GAEMPLHEY" ******** needs to stop, its soooo stupid. I love the new designs and everthing about it so far. Any thing else they add/fix would just be a plus, like starters following you around and ****. I think the game looks amazingly badass, and hope they add/fix a few things from the original. Like use the beta maps and stuff like that or unused ideas like the skateboard idea for travel, even fixing the Safari zone so that you can use it would be great and of course the unknown dungeon should be enterable.

THE GREAT POKE GOD ARCEUS HAS GIVEN YOU ALL HIS BLESSING IN THE FORM OF REMAKES AND YOU ALL ***** ABOUT IT? FOR SHAME!

[/rant]

Also inb4 nostalgiawhore/oldfag or something else like that.

And with that i end this.

Years
  • the fact that there is even one complaint on this amazing to be remake is shocking to me.

This is growing to be tiresome...so I'm just going to repeat what's been said over and over in the simplest form possible: different people have different opinions.

I don't understand why so many people with absolutely no complaints about the game feel the need to come and post in a "Complaints" thread. All you're likely to do is A) Get pissed off because people are complaining about something you like and B) Piss everyone else off by complaining about their complaining.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • actually, the character you don't choose will play a support role (like on dp) so even if you play as Gold, you will still be seeing her quite a lot ^^

I have no problems with kicking her ass every now and again, either.
    Infact, it would be better to be kicking her ass than Kris' ass.
    'Cuz Kris is too awesome.

jammi567

Nothing so far, I just hope that they expand Kanto. I really didn't like how you could complete it in around a couple of hours, and then, there was nothing else to do.

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
    Years
  • I don't like the new girl and my reasons have nothing to do with Kris. That's all I'm going to say on that bit.

Everyone is excited about the changes and new things and updates to the games... I'm the opposite. I wouldn't mind a couple small changes, but that's it. The Gold and Silver games are perfect, and basically the only thing I want in the game are better graphics. :x

Then again, I'm one of the folks that hold onto things forever and get emotionally attached to small things. XD So I'm not really one for change anyway. D:

You my friend, deserve a cookie. I'm worried that Nintendo for the first time have decided to not be lazy and they are going to change lots of things. I'm scared they're going to change the things that made the originals great. I'm worried they're going to make Johto lose loose it's heart and soul.

I know. Bad pun. But it illustrates my point perfectly.

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years
  • will everyone quit complaining about the people complaining?

its stupid! people ask "why are people complaining we are glad to have these remakes" well, they have thier reasons, and if your going to make comments like that then what the hell are you doing in this thread?

just leave people to thier opinions instead of moaning about people who disagree with you, thats what babys do for christ sake!

THERE! NOW END IT!

ps: sorry for complaining about the complainer complainers.... (0_O?) anyway, that had to be sorted, and I've already complained.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I agree. This is a complaint thread, so people can complain and people shouldn't argue about other people's complaints. Please everyone, leave other people's opinions without complaining about their complaints.

Anyways, I think Nintendo could've made the new girl's hat a little bit smaller because it is a litte big. Also her socks are a bit too long and it doesn't really match her outfit in my opinion. Other than that I think the girl looks perfectly fine.

Back