• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
  • I am sick of these things as well. I understand Nintendo wants to promote their stuff as much as they can, but sometimes these movie events go too far. Plus, how will the USA get the 12th movie Arceus? Is the 12th movie even coming out in US other than DVD?

Correct me if I am wrong, but it does seem that way.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    There is an event for anything now. And as if it wasn't enough, I can't get any of them as some people don't.

Years
  • Anyone a tad annoyed with these Event Pokemon? Its not so much the regular events to get a Darkrai and etc. But these new events where if you want to get a notch-earred Pichu you must first get the pikachu-coloured Pichu, this part is fine, but pikachu-coloured Pichu is only avilable for attending the 12th movie.

Same with the Arceus, but I find this one is worse. In order to unlock this small side story of the Unown and Arceus (that looks incredibly interesting) you must have a 12th movie addition Arceus, which on information so far is almost exactly the same as any other Arceus.

To me it just seems like a big hastle in order to unlock this extra content by having these special event pokemon. Not all of us can attend to 12 movie and it probably won't have an event in most countries.

Unless these two pokemon become avilable over wi-fi I think this is a really stupid idea. These wi-fi events finally let everyone grab the event pokemon, this is a step backwards.

Unless you live in Europe or far away from a city in America, I don't think you have to worry about considering the fact that Nintendo does make these events available.

Besides, with Pokesav, you can load the Wonder Card data and get anything...you just need someone with Pokesav if you can't use it.

I am sick of these things as well. I understand Nintendo wants to promote their stuff as much as they can, but sometimes these movie events go too far. Plus, how will the USA get the 12th movie Arceus? Is the 12th movie even coming out in US other than DVD?

Correct me if I am wrong, but it does seem that way.

The same way we got the 11th Movie Shaymin: they'll have it available at Toys'R'Us.

PcP and Arceus are in the same roles as Regigigas and Shaymin. We will get them.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • I personally don't think they're that bad. There's such thing as getting FC's and trading. And so what? If you're sick of them, don't get them when they're available to you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2019
    Its not about the actual pokemon on events, its the fact you need a certain edition of that pokemon to get the rest of the content. These special edition pokemon, such as the 12th movie arceus, are required to access some of the content in HG/SS.

Its not event pokemon I'm talking about, its the special edition one time only event pokemon that aren't that different from the regular event ones.

There is no doubt that Arceus will be avilable again over Wi-Fi, but it probably won't be the one to unlock the Arceus and Unown Event in HG/SS. That is what has me cheesed off.

Years
  • Its not about the actual pokemon on events, its the fact you need a certain edition of that pokemon to get the rest of the content. These special edition pokemon, such as the 12th movie arceus, are required to access some of the content in HG/SS.

Its not event pokemon I'm talking about, its the special edition one time only event pokemon that aren't that different from the regular event ones.

There is no doubt that Arceus will be avilable again over Wi-Fi, but it probably won't be the one to unlock the Arceus and Unown Event in HG/SS. That is what has me cheesed off.

When it comes right down to it, it is about the actual event.

Like I said, unless you live in Europe (Which rarely gets events) or somewhere distant in America (With no access to a Toys'R'Us) we will get them eventually. So there's no need to be "cheesed off". They will be available. And not only that, if you don't have access to them, there will always be someone on Wifi to trade with, if you have it, of course.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2019
    I live in Australia. The Rotom Key Event is only the second pokemon event we've ever had. Last one was Mew for Red/Blue :/. Unless the Arceus/Unown event is changed in PAL versions (Europe and Australia) to a Wi-Fi Event Arceus, it is a real pain to try and get someone to trade me their 12th Movie Event Arcues.

MadnugA01x

Random Trainer from Johto
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    Geez, it's been a long time since I've been here, but I might have some complaints about the new HGSS games >.< And reading all the people bashing on "Soul" really made me go :( She could be the daughter of Gold's neighbor in New Bark Town. Yes, I know her outfit is somewhat Mario themed and hillbilly-ish, but maybe she was a girl from the country-side of Johto and is starting to tackle the modern Johto in her adventures(That'd be a pretty good fan-fic)... Gold just got a head start 10 years ago though :P

I don't really like the Notched-Ear Pichu event (Change it to Cerebi!) >.<

I really hope GameFreak didn't get too lazy and just left the Safari Zone in Kanto "unfinished" T^T The Bug-Catching events on I think Tuesday and Thursday bored me on GSC. The Safari Zone was quite large back in RGBY and FRLG. I think it would best be used to capture "foreign" Pokemon. Wasn't there something about a new area west of Johto? Get away from me Bidoof!!! I also would be pretty upset if Mount Silver was too short like it was in GSC. "..." [Battle starts and epic theme song plays]

Has anyone noticed how Pokemon Platinum allowed one to capture a ton of Legendary Pokemon (Kanto Birds, Hoenn Golems, Sinnoh Spirits)? I'm pretty sure GameFreak will let you capture the Johto... Beasts whilst roaming around (Big pain for noobs), but if they (once again) get too lazy and made it depend on the starter we chose (FRLG reference) I would totally throw the game into the drive-way. =_= Possible Mewtwo in the cave anyone? If so, almost every Legendary Pokemon obtainable without an event will be capturable in ALL Fourth Gen games... unless Latios and Latias magically appears >_> Talk about independences from GBA games [a wild Pokemon appeard][3 seconds later][??? has fled] wtf? pwnd.

I think my last "complaint" will be about the compatibilty with the other games. If GameFreak follows tradition, a player would have to achieve something after defeating the Elite Four in the story... possibly in Kanto? Thanks for a possible time waster before sending a pre-select teams for HGSS >______________< I don't think HGSS will be able to connect to My Pokemon Ranch... it'd be amazing though.... More box spaces FTW. PBR can just sit on that shelf until it becomes an antique... Is there like nothing new about Wifi features in this game? Better minigames could be nice... but a 2 vs 2 battle would be even better :3

I have too much things on my mind >.< I feel like some of that stuff is kinda off-topic... Listening to GSC music btw...

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Honestly, I'd rather have the content available with special event Pokemon than not have the content in there at all. Plus the events so far that have unlocked new stuff have been fairly easy-to-obtain (TRU and wifi-based events), so there's a lot of them out there. That means that for the price of a shiny (which anyone can get through chaining) or a few or something else good, you could probably get one of your own through trading.

I doubt they'd make only one Dog obtainable in reference to your starter. It wasn't like that in GSC and the original RBY didn't have any Dog available so we were kind of lucky to get anything at all. The Dogs have been so annoying to get so far that I think they'll finally give us an easy way to get them by making them all available in HgSs. And they seem to be trying to get away from the GBA because of the lack of a GBA slot in the DSi, which could give extra features for HgSs, encouraging people to use it.

MadnugA01x

Random Trainer from Johto
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    I doubt they'd do it too though. HGSS could feature some kind of way to use the horrible DSi Camera for something. idk though. If anyone can remember playing the old GSC, you can listen to the radio on the PokeGear, but there was only a couple of songs. It'd be kinda crappy if they used remixes of the same songs for the PokeGear radio. Maybe some kind of way to read AAC files from your SD card to listen to your songs?

I added another complaint xD

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Hmm, that could work. And lots of people have said in the past that your mom should give you an mp3 player to let you play music, and now that's actually possible :P. I don't know how they could utilize the camera, though, apart from some cheesy Gameboy Printer-esque side thing.

Years
  • I despise the look of the new female Trainer, I prefer the original one.
    Complaints thread

Complaints thread

~Ryu

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Actually, to add onto Hiroshi's statement on Crystal being the original [when technically not]. In the beta version of Gold and Silver, a female was in production but never made the cut of actually coming out. So, this original female could have been similar to the new female protagonist we have currently for HeartGold and SoulSilver. Now, it isn't sure if it was supposed to be Soul, but those who complain about the female replacing Kris never thought for the second that Kris wasn't the first to be thought of when coming to the idea of a female role in the games.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2019
    A recall an incredibly small manaphy event however it is not worth mentioning as it was incredibly difficult to find one close, we have had no darkrai event though. People seem to be missing my point. It's these special edition event pokemon I'm pissed about. If they said trading or getting arceus over wifi to unlock this event then I'd say fine. But you have to have this special 12th movie edition arceus which will not likely be available for me. Now I'm not annoyed by not being able to get the special arceus, I'm annoyed I won't be able to access this side story.

Years
  • It's these special edition event pokemon I'm pissed about. If they said trading or getting arceus over wifi to unlock this event then I'd say fine. But you have to have this special 12th movie edition arceus which will not likely be available for me. Now I'm not annoyed by not being able to get the special arceus, I'm annoyed I won't be able to access this side story.

Yeah, that kinda pisses me off, how some of the side stories will only be available if you have a special Event Pokemon, and how some of those Event Pokemon were only attainable in some places, like Japanese only events etc, Kind of unfair.

~Ryu

PokeMangaObsessed

Panic's new album coming soon~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2009
    Let it be heard here and now that I predict that Nintendo WILL make a third game in this series, and it will be called Pokemon MindCrystal.
    I was thinking that same thing today in the car.

I currently have no complaints. Probably since I haven't played the original Gold/Silver.
    The new girl bothers me a little since I'm used to Crystal from the manga, but whatever.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    As everyone else seems to be saying I don't like Miss. Mario I mean Soul's look, I don't know why, could be the hillbilly thing. In response to the Events argument , we Englanders (wow Google Chrome thinks that's a word but Google isn't o.0) have only had (I think):The PBR Events, Woolworths Darkrai in about 10 stores across England, Scotland, Wales and Scotland!, Secret Key and a Mystry Mew from Toys R' Us.

Back