• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Do you still believe in one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • Yeah what he said ^

It catches up to us all eventually. They call it gaining the freshman 15.
    Not entirely how that freshman thing typically works, but...

In my second year of university, my school's faculty went on strike for like... six months or so? So, I just sat at home playing video games.

That did not do me any favours @__@

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
  • I have the weirdest body. Try as I might I can not put weight on, I can eat until i'm so full that I can't touch another bite and my weight will just stay the same; even if I binge on junk food.

4'11 and 95-100 pounds. Apparently that's underweight but I don't really look it.

I guess I do go for a run every morning, but it's more to wake myself up. The cold air does wonders and if I didn't i'd feel groggy all day.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • um I already see members I don't recognize I'm having a panic a attack

as for the "freshman 15"... I can defunct this myth by saying that i actually lost weight my freshman year

though that's mainly attributed to the fact i felt like a garbage can after that christmas when i did nothing but eat and then had to work my ass off for track

so

Sir Codin

Meaning: "no longer existing or being used"

It's a real word, but he used it incorrectly. He should have used "debunk."

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I know some people who actually gained 15 pounds and then some who lost pounds when they were freshman. I think it just comes down to how you eat in comparison to how you ate before you went to college.

I'm 22, work with donuts and coffee, and I've still managed to keep my same shape. Hopefully it'll stick for a bit longer hahah.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I have the weirdest body. Try as I might I can not put weight on, I can eat until i'm so full that I can't touch another bite and my weight will just stay the same; even if I binge on junk food.

4'11 and 95-100 pounds. Apparently that's underweight but I don't really look it.

I guess I do go for a run every morning, but it's more to wake myself up. The cold air does wonders and if I didn't i'd feel groggy all day.

That's not underweight.. I am similar to you 4'10" and 91-92 and considered healthy. When I was down to 84 it was unhealthy so I put on some weight. Been a struggle because I had been overweight and trying to combat it for much of my life (talking like 145lbs) so a good almost 60lbs heavier than I am now.

If you wanted, you could see about getting a Bodyfat index test done if you are concerned? (They have machines for it or I think you can use certain calipers?) But unless you're feeling weak and etc, I wouldn't worry.

You're the opposite of me in other aspects though. I can happily eat over 6000 calories in one day (that's 20 macdonalds cheeseburgers, or 25 mars bars, or about 100 Pancakes to put it into perspective) in a binge without a struggle through the day. I know because I've done it before (cheesecake, nut-butters, creams, and fried things are very easy and moreish to have.) If I don't watch myself, I can easily let myself consume 2-3 times my daily recommendation regularly.

Guess it's because I've been brought up in an Italian family where our dinners were often very big, carby/fatty/fried (pasta and cheese, or salted fried cod called baccala) and full of many courses as per my dad's Calabrese tradition. Grandmas would always be spooning more into plates and get offended if you couldn't finish their dishes. Sweets like cheesecakes were always available in the freezer.. and Canada is also fast-food laden, etc. Mom doesn't cook like that anymore, and subsequently, all of the members of my family have lost weight.. but now that I live alone I can better watch what I have. Since learning to bake for myself, I rarely like to indulge in store-bought sweets simply because I prefer the taste of homemade stuff... but I still have a mega sweet-tooth and will have a square or two of chocolate (or something like honey/ maple syrup) daily to curb my cravings (sometimes it's a bit more than that but I try to keep it under control.)

It is soo hard to have such self-restraint. However, now I don't envy the people who say they can "eat whatever they want and not gain a thing" because since my lifestyle and dietary change.. I prefer the fresh stuff to the junk.. and I find it's nicer to look forward to having something naughty in moderation.

.. Oops.. I've written too much. Don't mind my TL;DR.

I could go for some doughnuts, right now.

Come to my house. I pride myself in my doughnut-making (look at the doughnut thread.) Love the fried, glazed, filled ones.. but I also want to soon experiment making some coconut-flour healthier ones whilst maintaining the good flavour and texture of the traditional variety.
    The only thing that sucks now is eating doughnuts outside my house (unless they are from a gourmet shop) taste like absolute garbage. Especially when I can have mine warm and freshly rolled in cinnamon-sugar.

I am making some strawberry-and-brandy-cheesecake frozen yogurt as we speak. Which reminds me.. I need to get up and churn the mixture because I don't have an icecream maker.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm 13 and weigh 140 pounds, which is a lot compared to other people my age, but I'm also 5'10'', so my weight is justified.

Years
  • I'm 5'7'', which I checked at the nurse's office yesterday while also weighing 140, and walked over 20000 steps. Today for lunch I had another bowl of lettuce, carrots and cucumbers, and some cheese fries to go alongside it. They have the omelet bar on Fridays, and while they may not be too calorie high (250), they're higher than one would think on the fat calories (150). Although they had pierogies the other day during dinner, I skipped them because they were like 660/310, which I wanted to hold off on.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'm 17, and I'm 6'1" if I converted right. My weight is about 182, which isn't considered overweight, although I'm gaining some bodyfat after not being able to jog or tennis for the last half year.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • My weight stays under because I don't eat very much. Taking your food in slowly instead of inhaling it leaves your belly full of yummy food and keeps your weight normal ;)

It's good that I'm not hungry very much, else I'd be overweight. For the life of me I cannot diet. *ahem*

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Not entirely how that freshman thing typically works, but...

In my second year of university, my school's faculty went on strike for like... six months or so? So, I just sat at home playing video games.

That did not do me any favours @__@

If you got a refund on your tuition that year/semester, I wouldn't consider that too bad. If not, that's really bad luck man.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • My weight stays under because I don't eat very much. Taking your food in slowly instead of inhaling it leaves your belly full of yummy food and keeps your weight normal ;)

It's good that I'm not hungry very much, else I'd be overweight. For the life of me I cannot diet. *ahem*

Not entirely true, at least in my case- however I do agree that it definitely helps. Sometimes I struggle even if it takes me a good 40 minutes to have a well balanced supposedly-filling dish (chicken breast over a cold noodle and veg salad or something for example.) I'm sometimes still hungry even after letting it settle for another 30-40 minutes.

And Pendraflare, if you're trying to diet, IMO you're better off getting eggs even if half or slightly more than half of its nutritional value comes from from fat than cheese-fries because at least it's a healthy-fat. But hey, it's Friday and if you wanted a treat then it's all cool :3 No judging here, just giving you a thought to consider- so take it or leave it.

Triforce89.. I remember when that happened at your Uni.. stuff on the news was absolutely ridiculous! I don't remember if you guys got refunded though? Prob not.. >_> knowing THAT school or any, really, in the province..

Years
  • Yeah, as I think I mentioned a couple pages ago, Fridays and Saturdays are the days where I likely won't feel shame in what I eat (particularly when I take the bus to the mall, or the shuttle that goes to an avenue with several eateries). And on the weekends they have brunch, and i'll always take an omelet over scrambled eggs.

Another cafe right next to the one I usually eat lunch at has a make your own salad bar. Sometimes I get dinner in that building (usually when I have evening classes), but it requires me to pay with my ID, although i'm not opposed to that. But when i'm in the main building I don't like getting dressing on my salads because most of them i've heard aren't totally healthy.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Why would you feel shame in what you eat? If it's not over eating animals, I mean.

One day I want to go to a shop and have some clothing made, with my eyes on it at every step. I want to watch the seeds of a cotton cloak be sown, I want to personally observe every step in its being made. Same with some boots, underclothes, a satchel, and then I want to go to the Garden of the Gods and take a walk. At present that is the most relaxing thing I can think of possibly doing.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I guess you can have shame in what you eat if what you're having isn't that great and overdoing it would actually be a disservice to your body. I think feeling guilty that you are doing a disservice to your body is a fair enough reason to be a bit shameful of yourself.

Senusret, you can deffo have from-hunt-to-clothing done in Nunavut. There are places that will make you stuff like proper moccassins and include you in every process of it. There are people who would commission other organic clothing items too from like sheep's wool or a cotton-plant and etc if you did a bit of searching.

Light Espeon

Striving To Be Smarter
    Years
  • As far as being overweight goes, you have to keep in mind that there's more than one kind of body fat. Some fat is good in moderation but too much of a buildup in certain places can be a huge problem, especially since it isn't detected on a scale.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back