• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Finally, Facts about DS and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Actually, Square-Enix own Final Fantasy. And the first six games were released on the NES and SNES, and FF7 was even planned for an N64 release initially. Square is a 3rd party developer, not owned by Sony at all. Look at Kingdom Hearts, that got a GBA release, maybe that ought to tell you something...

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    Who ever said sony owned final fantasy?
    Nintendo origanally had final fantasy but they had to help sony out (because they where crap) so they gave them a few square-soft games square-enix owns itself so MEH! sony does not own final fantasy

WTF! you talking about final fantasy advent children has nothing to do with sony it's a movie not a game nothing to do with sony it is 100% SQUARE-ENIX!!!!

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Toothache said:
    ...and FF7 was even planned for an N64 release initially. Square is a 3rd party developer, not owned by Sony at all. Look at Kingdom Hearts, that got a GBA release, maybe that ought to tell you something...
    If FF7 was released for N64, it would be a sad, short game. One of the main reasons they went with Sony, was because they found that CDs can hold more memory. Kingdom Hearts- CoM is coming for GBA, but thats only because it is the only handheld console. People wanted a handheld game, and Square will give it to them.

Concerning my previous post, I did write the wrong thing. Posting too fast. I know FF isn't owned by Sony.
    fudge01 said:
    Who ever said sony owned final fantasy?
    Nintendo origanally had final fantasy but they had to help sony out (because they where crap) so they gave them a few square-soft games square-enix owns itself so MEH! sony does not own final fantasy

WTF! you talking about final fantasy advent children has nothing to do with sony it's a movie not a game nothing to do with sony it is 100% SQUARE-ENIX!!!!
    Moron, you know what I meant. They didn't go with PS to help out Sony, SONY HELPED THEM. They even have commented on that themselves. No need for WTFs!!!!! or Sony is Crap!!!

Last edited:

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
    Brittany15 said:
    If FF7 was released for N64, it would be a sad, short game. One of the main reasons they went with Sony, was because they found that CDs can hold more memory.
    ^ Yeah, That is why they had to use 3 CDs to make the game is it?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Sonic 3 was a 2 cartridge game. The original length of the complete Sonic 3 was too large for the old Genesis carts, so it was split across Sonic 3, and Sonic and Knuckles. Combining the two gave you the full game, Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Of course, the games weren't sold at the same time, but the original idea was there.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    Are you crazy? Sony owning Pokemon is like the craziest (or stupidest if you want to go that far) thing I have ever heard. And it will never happen, Nintendo will never sell off Pokemon to Sony. It's like selling off Mario to Sony. Mario will get sold off to Sony! :P

...How far did you get? The second level? I know what I'm talking about, that game slows down.

See that backs up what I was saying, you just started playing it, so how would you know if it slowed down? I beat it, I know it slows down.

I've beaten the game 100% And I have seen the secret ending.
    I've also beaten FFX-2Intl+LM 100% with the secret ending(its good)

I just started playing the game again to make sure that what I posted is right.

Toothache said:
    Sonic 3 was a 2 cartridge game. The original length of the complete Sonic 3 was too large for the old Genesis carts, so it was split across Sonic 3, and Sonic and Knuckles. Combining the two gave you the full game, Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Of course, the games weren't sold at the same time, but the original idea was there.
    Thats still two seperate games.
    With Golden Sun1+2 they had transferrable data... but thats still two seperate games also...

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Brittany15 said:
    Yes it is. you couldn't do that with Nintendo's cartridge. I have never seen a two cartridge game.
    *holds up Sonic 3 & Knuckles*
    Was originally going to be one game, but they ran out of room and made the lock-on technology. It is one fluent game on two cartridges (and you can play it with only one, but you don't get the whole game).

One of the main reasons they went with Sony, was because they found that CDs can hold more memory. Kingdom Hearts- CoM is coming for GBA, but thats only because it is the only handheld console. People wanted a handheld game, and Square will give it to them.
    GBA isn't the only handheld out right now. There is the N-Gage. Another example of you with no facts. And Square-Enix trusts Nintendo since it is where they started. They already said they don't have plans to make games for the PSP at the current time. And Final Fantasy 7 wasn't PS exclusive either, it was released for PC as well. I think 8 may have been too but I'm not sure.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Shadow said:

GBA isn't the only handheld out right now. There is the N-Gage. Another example of you with no facts. And Square-Enix trusts Nintendo since it is where they started. They already said they don't have plans to make games for the PSP at the current time. And Final Fantasy 7 wasn't PS exclusive either, it was released for PC as well. I think 8 may have been too but I'm not sure.
    You think Square was gonna sign with Nokia? Silly little man. I don't even consider N-gage a console. I think its games stink and it has better use as a cell-phone.

They have said that they have something in store for PSP. They just haven't said what it is.

The PC is not a video game console. Yes VII and VIII got a release on the PC.

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Brittany15 said:
    Kingdom Hearts- CoM is coming for GBA, but thats only because it is the only handheld console. People wanted a handheld game, and Square will give it to them.
    Brittany15 said:
    You think Square was gonna sign with Nokia? Silly little man. I don't even consider N-gage a console. I think its games stink and it has better use as a cell-phone.
    Tere is your last quote. And what ever you may think the N-Gage is a console.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Brittany15 said:
    But I still proved you wrong. GBA is not the only handheld. Everyone hates N-Gage though, but it is still a handheld. I think its pure garbage.
    Brittany15 said:
    They have said that they have something in store for PSP. They just haven't said what it is.
    Yeah, hatemail... Seriously, the last thing I've seen is them saying they aren't making anything for it. (and Advent Children is being made for DVD players, they just gave Sony permission to put it in UMD format)
    Brittany15 said:
    The PC is not a video game console. Yes VII and VIII got a release on the PC.
    Alienware computers (dang I want one so bad) are considered to be more video game console then computer. And with X-Box, now there really is no difference between computers and video games. Computers can play video games so therefore they are included in the video game race.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    T[h]ere is your last quote. And what ever you may think the N-Gage is a console.
    Uh-huh, thats why it sells so well.

Anyways, you're missing the whole point of the message. It was to say that Square would obviously sign with GBA over N-gage.

You guys find the smallest flaws in one's statement and try to make it seem as if the person is a flat-out liar. You miss the point of what the statemnent really was.

If I said that:
    George Bush, our 30th president, declared war on the USA. You guys would miss the point of what I said and you would all be like:
    HE WASNT OUR 30TH PRESIDENT, IDIOT BRITTANY, SIGNS THAT YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING!

Heck, are you guys gonna start doing this for spelling errors too?

Last edited:

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Shadow said:

Yeah, hatemail... Seriously, the last thing I've seen is them saying they aren't making anything for it. (and Advent Children is being made for DVD players, they just gave Sony permission to put it in UMD format)

Alienware computers (dang I want one so bad) are considered to be more video game console then computer. And with X-Box, now there really is no difference between computers and video games. Computers can play video games so therefore they are included in the video game race.
    I have one... anyways, its still not a console.
    Ah yes, the PS2 isn't considered a console either now. They recently got the permission to classify it as a Computer(wow), but they did it for tax reasons.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Brittany15 said:
    Heck, are you guys gonna start doing this for spelling errors too?
    No not spelling, maybe grammar though. XD

Everyone hates N-Gage and X-Box (except for like 3 games). Let's just make fun of them until the PSP and DS comes out (DS comes out sooner, PSP might even be delayed a month or so), then we can have some real information.

Brittany15 said:
    I have one... anyways, its still not a console.
    Ah yes, the PS2 isn't considered a console either now. They recently got the permission to classify it as a Computer(wow), but they did it for tax reasons.
    Wow, so PS2 isn't a console now. With it gone Gamecube wins. ^.^ Woot! You've just lost half of your your whole argument. You are the weakest link, good bye.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Shadow said:
    No not spelling, maybe grammar though. XD

Everyone hates N-Gage and X-Box (except for like 3 games). Let's just make fun of them until the PSP and DS comes out (DS comes out sooner, PSP might even be delayed a month or so), then we can have some real information.

Wow, so PS2 isn't a console now. With it gone Gamecube wins. ^.^ Woot! You've just lost half of your your whole argument. You are the weakest link, good bye.
    LOL lets all make fun of N-gage+Xbox!! :P

Anyways, I did not lose half of my argument. That means its better, not worst. Nintendo has been trying to get this classification for years with no such luck. Its still a console, but the official classification, is a computer. I don't even know if Xbox has this classification... if not, then Bill Gates has turned into an idiot.(oh no... windows is gone forever!!!)

Square-Enix does have plans with the PSP. The site in my sig tells about it, but I don't know exactly where on the site.

Also there is some info on the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII.
    And Square has released info on a new FFVII game. They already said that they have no plans for making a game for PS2, so I'm guessing PSP.
    The only thing known about the game, is that it has Vincint as a character, they haven't even confirmed Cloud! Maybe he dies in the movie... I hope not.

More about the compilation at the site...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Brittany15 said:
    If FF7 was released for N64, it would be a sad, short game. One of the main reasons they went with Sony, was because they found that CDs can hold more memory. Kingdom Hearts- CoM is coming for GBA, but thats only because it is the only handheld console. People wanted a handheld game, and Square will give it to them.

Concerning my previous post, I did write the wrong thing. Posting too fast. I know FF isn't owned by Sony.

Moron, you know what I meant. They didn't go with PS to help out Sony, SONY HELPED THEM. They even have commented on that themselves. No need for WTFs!!!!! or Sony is Crap!!!
    I know this is old, but it needed to be pointed out.
    Final Fantasy VII would fit on ONE disc, minus the FMVs. As most people know you can play FFVII on the ?wrong? disc quite easily.
    Warp Pipe you really can?t count, because to get those games online people had to make tunneling software and exploit LAN capabilities. o.x;

aaaaaa

Hey, uh..you know that its a PowerPC CPU and an ATi Radeon 9200 that power your precious gamecube, right? The PS2 is infact the only console of the three that doesn't use 'off-the-shelf' componants.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Hmm

Kairi said:
    I know this is old, but it needed to be pointed out.
    Final Fantasy VII would fit on ONE disc, minus the FMVs. As most people know you can play FFVII on the ?wrong? disc quite easily.
    Warp Pipe you really can?t count, because to get those games online people had to make tunneling software and exploit LAN capabilities. o.x;
    Actually, a little over one disc. Regardless, the n64 carts can only handle 128mb of data. FF7 is over 2000mb. Even considering that the FMVs were taken out, and the world is mostly the same through all 3 discs, its still more than n64 could handle.

PS-The game was actually supposed to be 4 discs but they ran out of time because of the release date. Think about if the FULL FFVII was released for n64....bad.

a1337a said:
    Hey, uh..you know that its a PowerPC CPU and an ATi Radeon 9200 that power your precious gamecube, right? The PS2 is infact the only console of the three that doesn't use 'off-the-shelf' componants.
    Think of that when you think of PS3.

They are developing their own Cell processor with Panasonic(it might be IBM I forgot).
    The Cell is a bunch of processors that work together. And all of the processors work like the Pentium 4 HT, they produce virtual processors within the processor.
    That means hundreds, of Thousands or possibly MILLIONS(virtual and physical) of processors working together with your gameplay. Sony promises gameplay with graphics as good(or better) than Toy Story, or FMVs.

Hmm, what was Gamecube2 using? Another off-the-shelf processor... They can't even produce one virtual processor... how shameful.

Last edited:

aaaaaa

I wouldn't be suprised to see the PS3 doing PS2 FMV's in realtime.
    One of the first PS2 tech demos was FF8's ballroom FMV, done in real time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back