• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    i found out how to get into the shinto ruins

take your Arceus you obtained from the 12th movie and go to the ruins of alph
    have it first in your party and go to the house where u would get the unkown dex in the originals
    a man will stop u from entering and take you to the Shinto Ruins
    oh and according to my map i'm to the right of the lake of rage and above Blackthorn City

can someone tell me how to put spoiler tags around that
    wow thats a cool discovery, or did you get it from serebii? to put spoiler tags use [spoiler.] and [/.spoiler] (remove dot's ".")
    eg.
    Spoiler:

Years
    Just because some people around the internet can't find the answer, I'll ask this here, maybe one of you could find out how to solve the problem.
    I can't sync the game with the Pokewalker, because I transfered a Pokemon to it, and then I restart the game. So, the only alternative is to reset the Pokewalker, but the problem is that, nobody knows how to do it. There isn't a hole behind like the Tamagotchi, or take the batteries off (this only reset the watts counter). Maybe the solution is the instruction manual, which is in japanese, so... XD

Hope someone translate that manual or something.

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    i found that out all by myself
    but then i went on serebii to find out which spot to walk on to get dialga and realised they had it up their website
    i'm using a rom so i was walking everywhere including walls to find what to do

and think the loction of where shinto ruins is, not many people would've guessed

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    i found that out all by myself
    but then i went on serebii to find out which spot to walk on to get dialga and realised they had it up their website
    i'm using a rom so i was walking everywhere including walls to find what to do

and think the loction of where shinto ruins is, not many people would've guessed
    so you are saying you just walked through walls? (Action replay)?
    but dont we need the 12th movie arceus for it? where to get it now?

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    i got the arceus by action replay because i have the rom
    I have a legit arceus on my platinum so when i get the game i can do it legitly

oh it has to be the arceus from the 12th movie

Years
    i got the arceus by action replay because i have the rom
    I have a legit arceus on my platinum so when i get the game i can do it legitly
    oh it has to be the arceus from the 12th movie
    ^=illegal discussion

Okay guys stop talking 'bout Action Replay oki?
    We all know that's way to obtain it but don't talk about it more :)
    ^=correct=win

how do i get the orb in soul silver to get groudon?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    how do i get the orb in soul silver to get groudon?
    First get the National Dex and get your choice of the Kanto starters from Oak (i.e. beat all of the Gym leaders and Red beforehand). Then go and visit Mr Pokemon and he'll give you the orb. (He's the guy who gave you the Togepi egg at the start of the game). Then head to Route 47 and find the cave where Groudon will be. =)

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    1. I didn't get one before Red, so yeah. I'm not sure, try the Pokethlon place.
    2. I don't know what you're talking about... best wait for a translation?
    3. I don't think you can get it otherwise... so yeah, not attainable again as a TM I don't think. But you could try bird pokemon? (Probably have to breed with a Togetick or Togekiss.

I think you either get it off a Gym leader or you find it as an item on the ground. As for specifics, I don't know, sorry.
    About 2, there's a new way of getting a very long list of Pokemons, where you can swarm. Just like talking to Dawn's sister in DPPt, here you can listen to Oak's radio station every day and he'll tell you where X Pokemon is. I just don't know what his station is.

About 3, I meant, like...I want a Togepi who'll know Roost.
    Anyways, thanks a lot :)

So, people, I have a new question. Is there any move relearner you're aware of, or I have to breed my Piloswine to get Ancientpower?
    And, if anyone knows how to get Shiny stone, or if Togepi can learn Roost by breeding, i'm still on hold XD

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Am I able to get Celebi on HeartGold/SoulSilver? How and where do I get Celebi?

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Not currently. Nintendo (or if you're playing the ROM, then Pokesav...) will release an event Celebi, probably the same event as in GSC with Azalea forest. This Celebi will also turn on an event where you go back in time, finding out some info about Giovanni and Silver, and will unlock a battle with Giovanni, too...

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2009
    How do I get into the final gym in kanto?
    I've beaten the first seven but that guy is still blocking it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    So, people, I have a new question. Is there any move relearner you're aware of, or I have to breed my Piloswine to get Ancientpower?
    And, if anyone knows how to get Shiny stone, or if Togepi can learn Roost by breeding, i'm still on hold XD
    There's a move relearner in Blackthorn, who takes Heart Scales. You can find those on some courses in the PokeWalker, or in Rock Smash rocks there's a chance you get an item from them, such as Heart Scales (and shards and fossils as well).

Shiny stone...you can buy it from the Pokethlon with points from that, I believe? Maybe be post Nat. Dex though.
    You can't - yet, that is. It appears that there will be an event for it (my guess would be that it's given over Wifi), particularly as an in-game mini-quest is caused by having a Celebi from Johto. (Whether such an event comes outside of Japan remains to be seen, although they have been better with giving us events recently. Viva la Wifi!)

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    erm, one question, if i change the time on my nds does the time in the game change? (didnt play any nds pokemon prior to this)

Years
    How do I get into the final gym in kanto?
    I've beaten the first seven but that guy is still blocking it.
    You need to go to Cinnabar and talk to Green above the Pokecentre once you have all 7 badges... then he will go back to his Gym.
    erm, one question, if i change the time on my nds does the time in the game change? (didnt play any nds pokemon prior to this)
    not too sure actually... i know that it changes the date of my saves... but not sure about actually in game. But would it really be that important?

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    kinda tink so. cant access the bug catching contest. Oh ya, anyone found a hercross yet? cant seem to find one

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    You need Headbutt.
    Headbutt can be taught to one pokemon by a tutor in Ilex Forest.
    headbutt seems to work on any of the "big" trees.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back