• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • As Shiny Meganium said, the Time Capsule name can be re-utilized since Heart Gold and Soul Silver take place 3 years after Fire Red and Leaf Green, just like their predecessors. I do wish they'll name it something else, just to make the game seem like it's been re-modernized and not a complete remake.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • i wonder what's gonna happen to the closd safari zone...but i the original GSC wasn't thier sposed to be a safari zone?
    It was confirmed a few weeks back that the Safari Zone is to make a return to the game. However, it shall be placed within the Johto West of Cianwood City. It will also include a few new features that have never been done before to previous Safari Zones.

Although, with the Safari Zone being relocated, it rises the question if the Pal Park or something else may take the place of the original Safari Zone back in Fuschia City, Kanto.

I hope there's a way to easily transfer Pokemon from one of your DS games to another, Say Pearl to Soul Silver. Because not a lot of my friends have a DS so I couldn't borrow one to trade over. I know you can do it via GTS, but that's not completely safe, especially if your Pokemon is rare or high-leveled.
    Trading Pokémon will more than likely be traded through the GTS, Wi-Fi, Migration and Traditional Trade as done before. I wouldn't expect anything new involving how to trade Pokémon within the remakes.

HGSS and DPPt take place 3 years after RSE and FRLG just like GSC took place 3 years after RBGY. The time capsule could be reused or renamed to Pal Park.
    Renaming it along with relocating it and redoing it would be the better idea on how to work out the situation with the Time Capsule as a Pal Park. A lot of people are taking this part of the original games and making it harder in thought than need be. Today, the Time Capsule isn't a heavy needed feature in the game as it was before back almost ten to nine years ago.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Especially now that we have Wifi and wireless transfers, I think the Time Capsule will be gathering dust in most of the games.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    The Capsule could serve an entirely different purpose instead, although the chances of that are slim. Kanto or Johto or both with a secondary storyline set back in time? It would be epic, but if they did set that kind of thing in, it would have gotten more publicity, methinks.

I'm going to go kill another of my dreams now. XD

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • The Capsule could serve an entirely different purpose instead, although the chances of that are slim. Kanto or Johto or both with a secondary storyline set back in time? It would be epic, but if they did set that kind of thing in, it would have gotten more publicity, methinks.

I'm going to go kill another of my dreams now. XD
    Too bad Nintendo ceases to change anything that would change too much of the storyline. I know that most of the original story won't change.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I would be nice to have a Pal-Park system located in PokeCenters, it would remove the need to travel to travel to one set location everyday and having to catch Pokémon which are already yours, however with the edition of Groudon, Kyogre & Rayquaza, it would only be useful for 5 Pokémon (Mewtwo, Celebi, Latios, Latias & Deoxys), as all others, if i recall, are obtainable in either D/P/Pt or HG/SS.
    Mewtwo is obtainable in HGSS.
    Celebi was and remained an event Pokemon so there are events for DS too.
    Latias&Latios might roam somewhere by an event or w/e. That'd make sense.
    Deoxys, although it had a very organized event, is the same as Celebi.

We would need 1st/3rd gen starters though by some way, if HGSS really are the best solution Nintendo found for DSi owners.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Will there be another Coro coro before the release?
    I don't think there needs to be any more Coro corro release on HG/SS since it has it's own site where updates will be released. Also, there's Pokemon Sunday which is aired in Japan.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years

• I don't think there needs to be any more Coro corro release on HG/SS since it has it's own site where updates will be released. Also, there's Pokemon Sunday which is aired in Japan.

Well they've been doing it for about 4 months while its had its own site, and Pokemon Sunday sucks, just talks on about old boring crap.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Well they've been doing it for about 4 months while its had its own site, and Pokemon Sunday sucks, just talks on about old boring crap.

We've had an issue every month from Coro Coro, and with only roughly nine days left I wouldn't expect any new issues. However, we will have frequent updates about the games such as what may be new inside, and many other spoilers never told as yet from outside sources such as Serebii.

As for the Pokémon Sunday Show, it basically gives viewers a review on what may have been released on recent scans over the course of the month. I wouldn't say it sucks, because it serves a purpose for some.

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
  • We've had an issue every month from Coro Coro, and with only roughly nine days left I wouldn't expect any new issues. However, we will have frequent updates about the games such as what may be new inside, and many other spoilers never told as yet from outside sources such as Serebii.

As for the Pokémon Sunday Show, it basically gives viewers a review on what may have been released on recent scans over the course of the month. I wouldn't say it sucks, because it serves a purpose for some.
    There are some in Japan who might not follow all the recent news, and Pokemon Sunday is there only outlet for the info (probably)

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2009
    Hi Everyone..

From what I've seen, your starter pokemon will follow you around, just like Pikachu did in Yellow. The graphics are overall very diamond/pearl/platinum like, and the overworld is pseudo-3D. It'll most likely have WiFi and probably interact with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum as it if were one of them.

Of course, personally, I can't stand a pure remake. I'll be needing a bit of extra content if I'm to buy it, so here's hoping for more of what made Gold and Silver great.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Kanto Birds to be in HGSS. But where?

So yep you read right. An image of the instruction book surfaced on the internet and it is the one featuring the birds and Kanto:
    HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

So where do you think they will appear?

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Sweet, I'd have to guess they'll show up where they were in FR / LG. They seem like logical places, because I'm sure they'll be bringing the Sevii islands back (For Moltres), or at least I hope so. Um, Seafoam Islands will probably still be there, because I believe that's where you find Blaine in G/S/C. And the Power Plant would still be a great position for Zapdos, and it'll more than likely still be there.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Hi Everyone..

From what I've seen, your starter pokemon will follow you around, just like Pikachu did in Yellow. The graphics are overall very diamond/pearl/platinum like, and the overworld is pseudo-3D. It'll most likely have WiFi and probably interact with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum as it if were one of them.

Of course, personally, I can't stand a pure remake. I'll be needing a bit of extra content if I'm to buy it, so here's hoping for more of what made Gold and Silver great.
    Everything you said was already confirmed and discussed non-stop. And yeah, it is confirmed the games by far won't be complete remakes.
    Pokedex changes, opposite gender as a NPC, Eusine from Crystal taking a role, Kimono girls have a bigger role and tons of new places.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • There are no Sevii Islands in the game, we already know that. I'd say the birds will be runners again.

Oh, no Sevii Islands? That sucks. o.o

Well, I suppose that whole idea hit the dirt. That makes the suggestion of them being runners seem a whole lot more logical.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Sweet, I'd have to guess they'll show up where they were in FR / LG. They seem like logical places, because I'm sure they'll be bringing the Sevii islands back (For Moltres), or at least I hope so. Um, Seafoam Islands will probably still be there, because I believe that's where you find Blaine in G/S/C. And the Power Plant would still be a great position for Zapdos, and it'll more than likely still be there.
    And people forget that Kanto is much more used then before. The power plant is for powering the damn train and the seafoam islands are used by blaine as you said. And anyway Sevii would be much better.

There are no Sevii Islands in the game, we already know that. I'd say the birds will be runners again.
    And how do we know that per se? And Hiroshi yeah I figured that but it was worth a shot no?

Back