• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    I'm surprised Cynthia was absent from the sixth gen games considering how she was in every other main series game following her debut in Diamond & Pearl. It feels like she's an important character of the franchise as a whole, so if anyone is coming back then I'd put money on it being her.

I feel like its not so much as cynthia is an important character its that of all the champions she is the one that got the most exposure in the anime which made her more popular.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I do anticipate for Cynthia's rumored return for Sun and Moon, because we'll finally have an official 3D model of her that can be transferred into Gmod and SFM and create Gmod/SFM images and videos featuring her, due to how popular of a character she is.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Well according to one of the big 4 Cynthia does return. My guess is either the SS Anne leads to ann encounter with her, or she owns a vacation villa like in BW. After all Alola's a tropical paradise.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I do anticipate for Cynthia's rumored return for Sun and Moon, because we'll finally have an official 3D model of her that can be transferred into Gmod and SFM and create Gmod/SFM images and videos featuring her, due to how popular of a character she is.

I'd love to see how her 3D model looks. With the jump from BW > XY being quite substantial, it would be nice to see an updated artwork for her.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    So didn't one of the leaks say that professor oak returns and studies alolan forms?

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    If so, I'd like to know which leak in particular because there were quite a few /vp/ leaks that had apparently nonsensical things that were going to be revealed.

From Page 61:
    From the same thread, the Riddler mentioned a rumor from March and how some of the things listed from it are true. Here's the March rumor:
    你们喜欢看的东西,谣言来了,舅舅出没,来源4ch~
    >Fire-type Kahuna doll Pokemon with stitches
    >Fire/Dark evo line
    >Grass-type koala Pokemon with coconut head
    >Pure Grass evo line
    >Water-type dolphin Pokemon with yellow sacks on sides
    >Water/Electric evo line
    御三家:草主是椰子头的考拉精灵,纯草路线;火主是有缝线的卡胡纳玩偶娃娃精灵,火恶;水主是海豚精灵,两侧有黄色的袋状器官。。。水电~
    >150 new Pokemon
    150个新精灵
    >bug,water,fighting,steel,electric,fire,fairy,dark gyms
    道馆顺序,都能看懂,不写了
    >champion Red from Gen 1 gives guidance throughout the game
    赤回归,会作为重要角色进行引导
    >main rival (opposite gender) sides with villain team for 2/4 of game
    劲敌(异性的)tm一半的游戏里和邪恶组织是站一队的,我靠
    >lots of Gen 1 pandering
    >completely new engine
    >new models
    初代元素爆棚(卖情怀),引擎建模都是新的
    >no post-game second region, memory used to make region size of two
    二周目没有新地图,另外内存就这样了,所以一块地图的大小实际上是两个的量
    >new battle frontier
    新对战开拓区
    >professor oak return
    大木博士回归
    不可尽信~
    Spoiler:

We can cross off the gym rumor as fake to start things off.

So that's one thing confirmed, which means the Riddler definitely knows when videos are getting released. That's a very interesting thing to take note of....

Years
  • If so, I'd like to know which leak in particular because there were quite a few /vp/ leaks that had apparently nonsensical things that were going to be revealed.

Out of the Big Four, the fourth one (Real Leaks leak) does mention older characters returning, but doesn't mention Oak.

Spoiler:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Rather curious about this leak in particular. While one of the "Big Four" leaks might've been vague enough to guess old characters returning, assuming this character IS Oak (which isn't confirmed yet), then that particular leak would probably, just probably deserve a closer look. Maybe.

But, getting one thing right doesn't mean everything else on the leak would be right, so I'm still treating it with skepticism.

Well they are cousins. However the Riddler say this leak is fake but has some guess that were right. Him guessing Oak is here, could be a hint by the Riddler, as it is an Oak studying Alolan forms, but not the one we all know. Plus the graphics updates and that section seems confirmed, but I feel there will be one more thing that the Riddler wants us to know about from there. I have a feeling it's the Battle Frontier since he posted a pic of Anabelle for one of his recent rumors and then told us to look at this "leak".

Or has a friend with one, since the Villa in Unova was actually Caitlin's.

That's right! I forgot she owned the Villa and not Cynthia. So this is certainly possible as well.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Cynthia is pretty big on studying Pokemon mythology, and there seems to be plenty of that to go around in Alola from what we can tell so far. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if we do see her again. I wasn't expecting Dexio and Sina to show up at all, and was pleasantly surprised by it, so we'll see.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Cynthia is pretty big on studying Pokemon mythology, and there seems to be plenty of that to go around in Alola from what we can tell so far. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if we do see her again. I wasn't expecting Dexio and Sina to show up at all, and was pleasantly surprised by it, so we'll see.

I have a feeling that we'll see a character from each past gen, or a relative at least.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Well they are cousins. However the Riddler say this leak is fake but has some guess that were right. Him guessing Oak is here, could be a hint by the Riddler, as it is an Oak studying Alolan forms, but not the one we all know. Plus the graphics updates and that section seems confirmed, but I feel there will be one more thing that the Riddler wants us to know about from there. I have a feeling it's the Battle Frontier since he posted a pic of Anabelle for one of his recent rumors and then told us to look at this "leak".

That's right! I forgot she owned the Villa and not Cynthia. So this is certainly possible as well.
    Can you link me to where riddler posts his riddles please

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I reallllly hope the Battle Frontier (or Alola's equivalent of one) is actually a thing, but I don't know what other purpose Anabelle would even have in Sun and Moon...
    I would as well. I loved the Battle Frontier. The only other returning feature I could see her run is a Battle Tower as that was her facility. Which could happen, or there'd be something else she runs. Someone also suggested that maybe a gender neutral type character could appear as well. Since in the anime they played it out that she seemed like a boy but was a girl. We'll probably find out soon enough though.

Plus the backpacker in XY mentions that his region has an amazing battle facility we won't believe. So there seems to be something we don't know about.

Can you link me to where riddler posts his riddles please
    Yeah I'd like to know that, too. Please :)
    He posts to bulbagarden in Chinese. Here's his original thread:
    http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3773780366?pn=16

And here's where I think he posts now:
    http://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?threads/rumours-fakes-leaks-discussion-thread.214874/

Here's a summary of all he's revealed so far:
    http://pokejungle.net/2016/09/07/chinese-riddler-makes-us-solve-leaks/

In this article though, ignore the faded pokemon part. I have seen no official confirmation of that, so it may not be true.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • He posts to bulbagarden in Chinese. Here's his original thread:
    http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3773780366?pn=16

And here's where I think he posts now:
    http://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?threads/rumours-fakes-leaks-discussion-thread.214874/

Here's a summary of all he's revealed so far:
    http://pokejungle.net/2016/09/07/chinese-riddler-makes-us-solve-leaks/

In this article though, ignore the faded pokemon part. I have seen no official confirmation of that, so it may not be true.

Since when was it mentioned that the faded Pokémon will be getting Alolan forms? And I thought only Kanto Pokémon are getting them due to how outclassed they are because of the newer gen Pokémon?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'd reaally like to see some sort of Battle Frontier facility. I never bothered with the Battle Maison/Chateu purely because there just wasn't enough to do there. I liked how the Emerald BF had multiple different buildings each with their own theme and battle mechanics. If they could just port this over to S/M then it would be great!

Years
  • I feel we'll just get a Maison clone since it's been that way since 5th Gen, due to the supposed "too small" fanbase for the Battle Frontier claim made by Masuda. I also know the battle facility tends to be hidden until release, and pretty much any postgame-only stuff for that matter.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Since when was it mentioned that the faded Pokémon will be getting Alolan forms? And I thought only Kanto Pokémon are getting them due to how outclassed they are because of the newer gen Pokémon?

It hasn't Pokejungle is either misinformed or making stuff up. t honestly can be either as they've done it before. That's why I said ignore it. He did post that image but as far as I know there is no statement to go with it.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Also, it seems that question marks signify evolutions and well it looks like cutiefly has one

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back