• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick Bateman

G L O R I A
Years
  • You guys are completely missing the point. You wanna keep believeing that you dont choose to be gay its up to you but scientific studies prove your not born gay... I wont argue because gay/bi and whoever else is different will never admit they chose to be a Gay(homo)Bi(Confused)Tranny(Well your screwed-This is actually a choice by the way.)

"We are who we choose to be"

I dont hate gay's or tranny's. I have a best friend who is kinda both but he/she knows its a choice he made in life. He'll tell you all the same thing. "Open Your Eyes" - is what he told me.

I'm sorry but can you please link to some sort of evidence for this? I mean, I would like to read up on whatever scientific journals you've been reading, because I haven't been paying terribly close attention to the scientific community on this subject. Thanks that would be great.

You might also want to consider the reasons why homosexuals think it's not a choice. Namely because it's not, coming out and living as a homosexual is the choice. Rather in the scheme of nature vs nurture you'll find most homosexuals will declare that, in hindsight, they can trace their attraction to the same sex as far back as they really remember. So if it is nurture, it would occur at an early age, some time prior to being 5 years old. I wouldn't exactly call that a choice. It may not be some genetic trait as you say it isn't, but it certainly is not a choice.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • My final words on this topic, Lets say that u were a human surrounded by animals, and you got horny what would you do? Stick it in a tree? Most likely not, as a mammal its hard wired in our system to reproduce, not who or what to do it with just to do the deed. So If your surrounded by animals and u were horny chances are you would grow attracted to them. Most of the gay people I know grew up with the same sex, and got close to the same sex there for chose to get intimate with the same sex. But those who grow up in a equally divided community of male and female usually go the other way.

Its obvious we'll never see Eye to eye, so lets agree to disagree... you have your ideas and I have mine...

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    My final words on this topic, Lets say that u were a human surrounded by animals, and you got horny what would you do? Stick it in a tree?
    There's always masturbation D:

Most likely not, as a mammal its hard wired in our system to reproduce
    Not necessarily. I know a few asexual people.

So If your surrounded by animals and u were horny chances are you would grow attracted to them.
    If you didn't have standards. It doesn't work like that when it's for different species.

Most of the gay people I know grew up with the same sex, and got close to the same sex there for chose to get intimate with the same sex.
    I know homosexual people that came from Texas. That should tell you something.

Its obvious we'll never see Eye to eye, so lets agree to disagree... you have your ideas and I have mine...

As much as I want to respect opinions, I can't respect them if enough evidence goes against what they are saying.

You wouldn't be turned on if you were surrounded by bears and foxes, would you?
    I'm pretty sure he knows better than to **** around with bears and foxes. They'd tear everyone up if they tried D:

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • My final words on this topic, Lets say that u were a human surrounded by animals, and you got horny what would you do? Stick it in a tree?

Why in the world are you even bringing this up?

Jesus. We can CONTROL our sexual urges. I mean sometimes people can not, but for the most of us we can. Just because something turns us on doesn't mean that we have to go and have sex with it...

Your argument here is not proving that sexuality is a choice in any way...

Most likely not, as a mammal its hard wired in our system to reproduce, not who or what to do it with just to do the deed. So If your surrounded by animals and u were horny chances are you would grow attracted to them. Most of the gay people I know grew up with the same sex, and got close to the same sex there for chose to get intimate with the same sex. But those who grow up in a equally divided community of male and female usually go the other way.

I grew up with both sexes. Why in the world am I not bisexual?

And again your argument here is s not in anyway proving that homosexuality is a choice. In fact when you pull the environmental card, you are arguing that is in fact not a choice. :o

Its obvious we'll never see Eye to eye, so lets agree to disagree... you have your ideas and I have mine..

And sometimes our ideas can be wrong.

Years
  • Well, that was fun.

He did say, on the previous page I think, that he's okay with gay people so I suppose that's something. Whether this is one of those cases where someone says one thing and their actions say something else we can only guess, but I still wish the question of choice wasn't an issue because even if it were a choice it shouldn't matter except to the one person it concerns.

KingCharizard

Years
  • Just cant let things go, 10 to 15 Years ago being gay was a choice, or atleast that's what people believed. You say I didnt prove being gay was a choice fair enough. You also didn't prove that is isn't. Like I said just cause you like something doesn't mean U need it or you were born liking that something. Also doesn't mean you should do what u like.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • He did say, on the previous page I think, that he's okay with gay people so I suppose that's something.

Yeah, but when people think that it's a choice, even if they say they support you, it brings about a weird feeling. You know what I mean? Like they won't really be there to support you in times of trouble because really deep down they think that you chose to get into all of this trouble and that it is all your fault. =/

Just cant let things go, 10 to 15 Years ago being gay was a choice, or atleast that's what people believed.

And they were wrong.

You say I didnt prove being gay was a choice fair enough. You also didn't prove that is isn't.

I didn't blatantly contradict myself either.

I don't really need scientific proof to give to you, really all you have to do is look into yourself. Did you REALLY choose what turns you on? I'm going to be honest here and say that I do not like what turns me on and I really don't want it to. I've tried to stop it for a long time, but it just doesn't work that way.

I also at one point thought I liked guys, I actually kind of WANTED to. But I could never think of guys in that way. It just wasn't possible.

Like I said just cause you like something doesn't mean U need it or you were born liking that something. Also doesn't mean you should do what u like.

I never once claimed to know its cause or that we were born like that, I just said that it is not a choice.

And seriously, why SHOULDN'T one act on it? Two people of the same sex can fall in love, and I don't see any reason why they should not be allowed.

KingCharizard

Years
  • Yeah, but when people think that it's a choice, even if they say they support you, it brings about a weird feeling. You know what I mean? Like they won't really be there to support you in times of trouble because really deep down they think that you chose to get into all of this trouble and that it is all your fault. =/

That not even relevant to the topic. But heartbreak or pain is someone choosing to be a jerk to someone else. I support anyone of my friends who need help regardless of what caused their pain.

Ok now it all honestly I like the idea of two women together what I dont like is the fact that they adopt kids. Idc if the same sex gets married, but how can u be attracted to the same sex and still want kids. Its like cutting the cake and eating it too. Like I said I respect gay people, but I also dont understand why a guy feels the need to act or talk like a chick. He's gay not a girl. This is why I believe it it a choice. Because of what the same sex does after they "Find out they are gay" They act like idiots, I was eating at a public resturant the other day and these guys were talking like they were chicks Very loudly I should add I couldn't stand it. So to respect them, I got up and removed myself from the resturant. My point is the way gay people act is proof enough to back up my "Wrong Idea" that being gay is a choice. Besides there is no right or wrong here as there is no proof to judge our opinions on.

Two people of the same sex can fall in love, and I don't see any reason why they should not be allowed.
    Because sometimes we cant always love who we want I should know. I've been in love with this girl for like 5 years now, and we never been in a relationship. Were like perfect friends, we kissed before and hangout alot but we just never had the chance to actually work on a relationship. Love can be forbidden...

Last edited:

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • That's why you believe that? Lol.

Not all gay people act like that, it's just... A stereotype. And you will always have people who follow the stereotypes.

I actually know one gay guy who does not act like that at all. He shocked me when he came out to me. XD

Now some gay guys might actually naturally have that higher voice and that might just be who they are to act girly, but for those who choose to act that way it's only a stereotype related to the sexuality, not the sexuality itself.

Because sometimes we cant always love who we want I should know. I've been in love with this girl for like 5 years now, and we never been in a relationship. Were like perfect friends, we kissed before and hangout alot but we just never had the chance to actually work on a relationship. Love can be forbidden...

I'm sorry but I'm not sure where you're going with this... So essentially you have not chosen to love somebody? Okay, yeah that's the way it works. But because of that homosexuals should not be allowed to date?

People will not always share the feelings, this is natural. It's that way for everybody. Trust me I know about unrequited love. I've been dealing with it heavily for the last year and a few months.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah, but when people think that it's a choice, even if they say they support you, it brings about a weird feeling. You know what I mean? Like they won't really be there to support you in times of trouble because really deep down they think that you chose to get into all of this trouble and that it is all your fault. =/
    I know what you mean. I just want people to understand that whether choice exists it is a moot point because there are no problems that are exclusively about having same-sex attraction that aren't the fault of a prejudicial society. So if it were a choice then society would have to be the one to choice to accept it rather than the individual being forced to change something personal that is nobody else's business.

I have a gay friend and he keeps trying to stay away from his ex who is all wrong for him and he has a hard time doing it. It's got nothing to do with his being gay and I treat it like any other relationship problem I hear about (not that I hear many). Even if being gay was a choice I wouldn't tell him his troubles would be better if he stopped liking guys because that's not the problem and even if it would help out in the short term it would only be a temporary fix that left his own relationship issues un-dealt with.

KingCharizard

Years
  • That's why you believe that? Lol.

Not all gay people act like that, it's just... A stereotype. And you will always have people who follow the stereotypes.

I actually know one gay guy who does not act like that at all. He shocked me when he came out to me. XD

Now some gay guys might actually naturally have that higher voice and that might just be who they are to act girly, but for those who choose to act that way it's only a stereotype related to the sexuality, not the sexuality itself.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure where you're going with this... So essentially you have not chosen to love somebody? Okay, yeah that's the way it works. But because of that homosexuals should not be allowed to date?

People will not always share the feelings, this is natural. It's that way for everybody.

No you completely missed the point, we didnt chose not to be together, She said she loves me to. But she's 19 years old in college, I'm 21 years old with a career. Its hard yeah we could make it work but it would be very hard. If I had the choice she'd be mine already and I'd love her everyday of my life. But everytime we've actually did tried something always got in the way. First it was her parents, then my personal life now college... its forbidden love. Maybe one day it will work but I highly doubt it. Sometimes the person we chose to fall for isn't the right person so we must look elsewhere... U know what I give up, enjoy the choice you've made in life I hope your happy with whatever or whoever you choose.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • No you completely missed the point, we didnt chose not to be together, She said she loves me to. But she's 19 years old in college, I'm 21 years old with a career. Its hard yeah we could make it work but it would be very hard. If I had the choice she'd be mine already and I'd love her everyday of my life. But everytime we've actually did tried something always got in the way. First it was her parents, then my personal life now college... its forbidden love. Maybe one day it will work but I highly doubt it. Sometimes the person we chose to fall for isn't the right person so we must look elsewhere... U know what I give up, enjoy the choice you've made in life I hope your happy with whatever or whoever you choose.

Um... yeah but when I said there's nothing wrong with two homosexuals being together, I was meaning in general. I wasn't referring to specific cases, which there are obviously exceptions. But it isn't because they are homosexual.

And in the last post you said you didn't choose to love her. Which one is it?

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • KingCharizard, I think you are simply bitter. If you truly "loved" this girl how much you say, then you would fight for her.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    What I don't understand is if people are born homo, why haven't I seen a homo baby being delivered at any hospitals?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    What I don't understand is if people are born homo, why haven't I seen a homo baby being delivered at any hospitals?

With that sort of logic, the same could be said about psychopaths, murderers, people with a genetic disease etc... Hopefully there is a trend noticeable here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back