• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Metroid Fanclub

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
Years
  • Well, it's just there if anybody feels like submitting anything. Nice times on the prime series by the way. I've only finished the first one so far, heheh. And my time was like 12 hours or somethin. I don't remember.

Anyways. Yeah, it looks like you got the picture working. Pretty cool. How did you get the original image, do you have some sort of capture device on your tv?

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Anyways. Yeah, it looks like you got the picture working. Pretty cool. How did you get the original image, do you have some sort of capture device on your tv?

No, I went on YouTube and loaded up the Other M introduction video in 720p HD, then took a partial screenshot so I wouldn't have to worry about the progress bar on the bottom. It came out to 1280x719 pixels at pretty good quality; after that, I loaded it in Photoshop and iPhoto and abused the hell out of filters and visual effects.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    SECOND POST: Well, I was digging through some images on my computer today and found a scan of Samus at Daiban that I had taken from the Gamestop preorder bonus. Thought I'd upload it, since it looks nice. Once again, I boosted the colors, did a little editing, and tried to remove some of the graniness from the original scan, but I'm not sure how good a job I did. I like it, but you guys might not.

Spoiler:

Direct Link

Resolution: 1900x1270, because I just like those unstandard resolutions.

Last edited:

RASENCERO

MWOEHAHAHA!!!
    Years
  • Tnx for the bigger one^^
    It looks Awesome and fits perfectly as my wallpaper.

The second isn't really focused, its a bit blurry, but nonetheless not all that bad, actually.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    So I was on another forum, where there are also Metroid fans, and one guy who I'm on good terms with told me about this. There are two things there of note: the first is an epic metal remix of the Tallon IV Overworld theme from Prime 1, and the second is a 6000x1690 image of Samus's ship on the overworld taken from the Phazon-infected caves.

I've cropped the image to fit on most monitors without stretching (3004x1690 resolution; it scales down to exactly 1920x1080 resolution, which is HD). It's below:
    Spoiler:

Direct Link

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • So I was on another forum, where there are also Metroid fans, and one guy who I'm on good terms with told me about this. There are two things there of note: the first is an epic metal remix of the Tallon IV Overworld theme from Prime 1, and the second is a 6000x1690 image of Samus's ship on the overworld taken from the Phazon-infected caves.

I've cropped the image to fit on most monitors without stretching (3004x1690 resolution; it scales down to exactly 1920x1080 resolution, which is HD).
    Metroid Metal and their entourage of epicness is kinda old news. Especially since this came out last month. You should hear their Varia Suite and Expansion Pack albums.

RASENCERO

MWOEHAHAHA!!!
    Years
  • I bought Other M last Wednesday. Yay! XD And I just finished it! :P (Including Phantoon)
    I must say, I quite liked it. It was way too short though. And a bit too easy...
    It was very story driven, but it worked well. One thing that did annoy me was that to use missiles and such I had to switch the wiimote position and couldn't move/dodge while doing so. (also, the whole not using stuff until given approval was bullcrap). What I missed were the morphball upgrades like in Metroid prime. I really missed my boosterball...

Rating:
    8,5/10
    It was really pretty! :P

Last edited:

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • Can i join? Yeah, i'm a little late, but I love Metroid. I've played every game (the only exception is metroid 2, which i never finished, it just seemed to boring to me. -__-). As for Other M, yeah i have that too. It was a great game.

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
  • There is no such thing as late. We are open to anyone and everyone. Always. ^^

Metroid Metal is like, legendary. So yeah, I knew. Love that stuff. The picture is pretty cool though, and it's the first I've seen it.

RASENCERO

MWOEHAHAHA!!!
    Years
  • Welcome!^^

I somehow edited my previous post instead of making a new one. XD
    Metroid Other M:
    Time:
    07:56

Ridley = Little Birdie XD XD XD
    lol...

In theather mode there is a more then 2 hour movie. It was quite interesting to watch, but it skipped the sectors in a blink of an eye. It could have been it bit longer in these area's...
    Actually, using my time, the time spend on playing the game -movie(cutscenes/cinematics) it's barely 5,5 hours. That is very, very short.....
    The next one better be longer.

What do you think of the gameplay/play time, compared to other Metroid games?
    I mean, It's is not like the Prime series.

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
  • I rather prefer M-oM game engine over Prime's. It came a lot closer to the real deal. However, the game is fairly short, but still fun to speedrun, since you can skip cutscenes once you beat it. The problem is the flawed timer, it doesn't give you a final time.

Tossed my time in there as well, figured I ought to. Although it's estimated to about 11 minutes for the final sequence, which is probably fair enough. I wonder what the time would have looked like without cutscenes...heheh.

When it comes down to it, I believe that a game with 7-9 hours of gameplay is nice, and the ability to cut it down to under 5 hours (has been done) makes it even better.

Last edited:

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • Okay, i'm going to post my opinion on other M. Things i liked and didn't like.

Disliked
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
  • I find the ridley scene to be terrible, and completely off character. Samus was portrayed way too differently. I'mma get down to the nitty gritty.

Other M's engine, like I said, was great, however, here are some of the things that would have made it better.

REAL IBJ. I mean, I can bombjump to no end on metroid games, besides the prime series. Other M, I found, I could also, except that there is an invisible barrier to stop you from going too high. BIG FAIL.

Sequence breaking is killed off completely. This fails hard.

Space jump is a pain, and doesn't really take you up at all.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • I find the ridley scene to be terrible, and completely off character. Samus was portrayed way too differently.

Your absolutely right, In the original Metroid/Zero Mission, Ridley visibly discinegrated and subsequently exploded in the lava, yet he comes back in Super Metroid, and samus isn't even surprised. In Other M, she's scared to death. She doesn't even react when Adam constantly screams in her ear, "SAMUS, DO YOU COPY? SAMUS, USE YOUR PLASMA BEAM" WHAT'S YOUR STATUS????!!! but the cutscene itself is still pretty entertaining, imo.

samus_vs__ridley_by_brokenteapot-d2xzsp0.png

Spoiler:

I was really annoyed at this, too.

Sequence breaking is killed off completely. This fails hard.

Yeah, i just wanted to clarify that... Other than that, i have not much to say. I guess i'll just wathc this club die now. :P

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
  • Feh, die? It'll kick as long as I still breath, such is my nonstop dedication to the series.

But anyways, that comic is pretty much the only description necessary. Samus is a wimp in MoM. A non sequence breaking wimp. However, the power suit does look pretty spiffy.

On a totally unrelated note. [read as/insert shameless plug]
    My hack is progressing well enough, considering the total overhaul I'm aiming for. Just a few bugs I'm sifting out. Or will be, when I get the only computer good at that back up and working.
    /mumbles about crappy dying hard drives

RASENCERO

MWOEHAHAHA!!!
    Years
  • You may incinerate, disintegrate, do head-shots, mutate or even corrupt us, but we shall never die! NEVER!
    For in the end we shall be cloned!

I decided to get 100% on M: OM, and, well, it was rather easy...
    If I got stuck, I ended up using speedbooster.

I got the feeling that, besides seeker missile and the helmet viewpoint, the Prime series where pretty much ignored. You wouldn't know it existed after playing M: OM.

Here's a new topic:
    If we were to design a new weapon/upgrade/etc. for Samus in the next game, what would it be?
    Or course it has to fit into the metroid world.

Merry Christmas!

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
  • Beat to Merry Chrismas, cuz I didn't wanna double post. But nonetheless...MERRY CHRISTMAS METROID FANS!!!

As for an upgrade that we have made...err, would want to make. ;) I won't give anything away just now, but I have plans for that.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • Here are some i thought up.

Cargo Suit - An optional upgrade. It allows samus to take less damage from enemies, but hinders samus' movement (e.g. Samus moves slower and jumps slightly lower)

Siphon claw - Works exactly like the Shock Coil, except it has limited ammo (correct me if i'm wrong, but if i remember correctly, the Shock Coil in MPH had unlimited ammo). And was made by the Chozo specifically for Samus. Cannot be used if samus' health is full.

If i had to choose one it would definitly be the Siphon Claw. I mean, the Shock Coil was awesome and really had great potential in my opinion, and should have been used for other metroid games...

Oh yeah, Merry merry Christmas, guys.

Years
  • Can I join this club?
    I played every Metroid except the original and Zero Mission and I'm going to complete Other M on Hard mode and Metroid II.

Back