• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo is Falling Apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrin

Still the best!!!xD
Years
  • How can Nintendo improve??

I made a thread like this at another place, and it got good responses, so I decided, why not I put it here as well??xD

Anyways, here are the rules:

You list some suggestions you think would make Nintendo better.

You can debate with another person about if you think one of their suggestions would really help Nintendo. Of course, not flaming like "OMG yoU sUx0rs!!!!!1111 Nintendo rulz!!", but well thought out, and stuff...xD

And as stated before, no flaming.

Okay then, here are some things I think would make Nintendo better:

~Stop milking the Mario franchise name. I'm not saying at all drop Mario games altoghether, but stop making Mario sports games. They're generic, unorignal titles, with the Mario name slapped on, with a few Mario-related powerups and stuff thrown in.

~Revist old, unexplored franchises, like Kid Icarus and Ice Climbers. Don't ask how I knew about these, but anyways, they still have untapped potential. TAP THAT POTENTIAL!!xD

~Look for new talent. Shigeru Miyamoto may be a gaming icon, but just because of that, DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOVE BRAND NEW TALENT ASIDE!!xD

And BTW, I didn't learn of them via roms or message boards...

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    What do they need to do? From what I see, they are starting to make the right choices with the Revolution and DS online. But they should start making Gamecube online games, after all, Phantasy Star Online did it.

Skrin

Still the best!!!xD
    Years
  • I think online on the cube would be a waste, considering that this round of the console wars is coming to a close.xD

Anyways,they also need to market agressively with the revolution, like the lights of it staning out in a black backround, with the words "A revolution is coming. Can you handle it??", in big print, as a poster to market the revolution in game stores, for instance.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Or, they could take the other choice, and make the first game on Revolution Super Mario Grand Theft Auto XD j/k

I actually think that is a good idea though. It would get people wondering and then they would look into it, and start to want it.

Skrin

Still the best!!!xD
    Years
  • Actually, I had thought of that, and that was also listed with Super Mario:The Super Exterminator!!xD

Anyways, what they should also do is create new franchises with new, unexplored worlds. I know that there will be 1 new franchise debuting on the revolution, but knowing Nintendo's creative talent, which is, suprisingly, a lot,(xD) Nintendo could make more than just one new franchise.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    They need more of those funny Mario ads like the N64 Smash Bros and the Mario Party 4 commercials.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Improve their target market. It may actually shock them to learn that 3/4 of people who buy video games are over 25! How many 25 year olds do you see with Kirby or Pikachu... and don't live with their mothers -_-

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    DarkPegasus said:
    I think that Nintendo should make an alliance with Microsoft(or anybody else in the PC game making buissnes) and make a PC pokemon game...

Like thats gonna happen that woild be a step back for Nintendo, not foward, not many people have the reqirements for a PC game you know.

Skrin

Still the best!!!xD
    Years
  • To Mr Cat Dog's last sentence...

ROFLMAO!!XD

But, seriously, yeah, about the first sentence,they should improve their target market.

Also, try and think up a slogan that DOESN'T disturb people. With the DS's slogan "Touching is good", it makes me think of..bleh.That's all I'll say.xD

tramptech

Banned
    Years
  • Nintendo? Fallin apart? Naa, it ain't gonna happen for a while. They dominate the handheld industry, but Sony seem to put a rival in. Gameboy has been around for ages and I think they know what they're doin. And, PSP don't have pokemon...

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    I believe Nintendo should do the total opposite of what they're doing now. They are making more wrong mistakes than they are good. Nintendo's Revolution will not be as powerful as the other two next-gen consoles which is a mistake. Here's why, let's say a third party developer is going to make a multi-platform game. That developer creates the game to use the power of the Xbox 360 and PS3. That developer can't make it run on the Revolution because it's too weak so the developer doesn't release it on the Revolution. Well, that's a third party game that Nintendo lost. Nintendo also hurt themselves by making it not as powerful because the casual gamer will here these awsome specs for the Xbox 360 and PS3 and want to get them becasue he's impressed. Then that gamer hears the Revolution's specs and is not impressed and doesn't buy it. With the DS, they don't have a huge third party support. Or that many good games right now as a matter of fact, but that's beside the point. Gamers want third party games, not just Nintendo games. Also, the slogan for the DS is ... well I'm sure you know. It should be changed. Touching is good and you "touch" at the "bottom" of the DS. :\ What else Nintendo should do? Don't let the Gamecube die just yet. The only anticipated game for the Gamcube is the new Legend of Zelda, which looks awsome. Nintendo always does this and they lose money. they stop making games for they're old console while working on the new one. You can still get a lot of money out of the Gamecube if you keep on making games for it like Microsoft is doing with the Xbox. </rant>

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Dilos Ekans I'm not even going to reply to your post. Because if I do it's just going to go around and around. But I did have the reply typed up in a PM, so if you really want to read it I'll send it to you.
    I think it's best if we not reply to each other's posts. Since then always end with us fighting.

BigBoss said:
    Really? Wasnt the DS out in time for Christmas? (It was sold out everywhere during the holidays) It sold tons and got a BIG head start. On the holidays, also, the PS2, and Xbox were sold out while they had plenty of Gamecubes.
    On this years holidays, I bet the DS will still be in stock while the PSP will be sold out.
    Read the little survey below (it's from Japan, both the PSP and DS came out before Christmas in Japan).
    https://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/23/news_6128046.html
    And you should have been here when the PSP and the DS first came out. I got my DS the very first day. A Target and three Wal-Marts were out of DS systems in the first day (and the 4th Wal-Mart had about 4 or 5 systems left). And I didn't see another DS system for a month (they got more systems at least once a week). That's how fast they sold out.
    But the PSP took at least 2 weeks (maybe 3). Because I got my PSP a few weeks after it came out. And they said they didn't go out of stock like the DS.

Yukito said:
    If it has online I won't be getting it, as I trust Nintendo to be more creative, and not use an idea thats been done numerous times before.
    Well online will most likely be here from now on. I mean back in the days of SNES, N64, Playstation and so on. You could only play people you knew, when they came to your house or you went to their's. But now days online stuff is here, you can play someone on the other side of the world and not have to take one step away from your system. I think online is here to stay, and I think the GBE will be online.
    I mean like I was saying in the Nintendo club, I think the Rev being online might be a big selling point. Anyone who likes SSB/M will want to play the next one of the Rev. Everyone talked about how good it would be if it was online. The next one will be, so I think it will pick up people just because it's online.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Kipkip: I really don't think giving more power is going to help. I think it would hurt them.
    1988 the Game Boy came out. And if you seen one then you you think it sucked. The graphics were bad, you couldn't see the screen really well, it was in black and white and so on.
    1989 the Atari Lynx came out, larger screen, in color, better graphics. All around better system then the GB.
    1991 the Sega Game Gear came out. All around better then the Lynx.
    Both the Game Gear and the Lynx was way way better then the Game Boy. The only things better on the GB was the battery life and the price. And them two things is what really did in the Gear and the Lynx.

I know consoles are different then handhelds. But there isn't many people out there that will buy a system because of the specs. The main things are the price and the games. Nintendo could make the most powerful system out there, blow out Microsoft and Sony on specs. But if their games sucked and the price was way out of wack then they wouldn't sell.
    I'm not saying go back to the days of the NES, but this is a game system, not a super computer.

And you have to remember, we haven't seen the Rev specs, we haven't seen video of their games, we haven't even seen the controller. Some people it might be a good thing, to others they see it as really bad.
    Bad for Nintendo: Almost nothing on the Rev is out, just a few games named and it's going to be online and be able to download old games. The PS3 and 360 done had everything out, a good many games planed, and getting people all worked up over them. So everyone is done making plans to get the PS3 or the 360. And Nintendo gets left in the dust.
    Good for Nintendo: The controller for one thing. Nintendo was the first to have rumble, the first to have analog. They kind of let it out too soon and Sony picked up on it and in a way took Nintendo's idea. So with the Rev they are keeping it low, because they don't want to lose something that's on the Rev controller.
    Another thing is, Nintendo is keeping the whole Rev thing under wraps. But they are feeding out little by little. Keeping this fine line open saying "Keep an eye on us, we might tell something soon". Just sending out enough to get the messboards and blogs and sites talking about it. Talking about what it may have, what they will do with the online stuff when it comes out. What games they are going to download and so on. And it gets people excited about it and making them want it more, so they kind of forget about the PS3 and the 360 (I haven't even searched on a PS3 game, and I'm going to get a PS3 for sure).

I know I ranted, but it's what I feel about the power of the Rev/Nintendo.

Now it's time for the post. XD
    I think Nintendo should make a few more games for older people. Like Jon said, most people that buys games are older people. So they need to make more games that older people will play. There are still a lot of people that thinks Nintendo as kiddie. I'm not saying make less Pokemon games, or Mario games (I like Skrin's idea, bring back some of the older games) or any of that. Just make more games that points to the older age group. Cut them out and you'll be shooting yourself in the foot.

Get some new characters. I'm sure everyone would like to see Nintendo add another Mario, Pikachu, Link, Samus, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, or Kirby. Someone where you can say their name and you think of Nintendo. I know they have way more then Microsoft and Sony, but some of them (most) are getting kind of old. I think Pika is the newest of that bunch and it's been out for like 10 years. New characters means good for Nintendo.

Get online. I think Nintendo made a poor judgment on not making the GC online. And waiting so long on getting the DS online. I know the Rev will be online but it should have been here in this Gen.

That's all I can think of right now.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • dilos ekans said:
    *sigh* It's not that Nintendo rejected them. The Developer didn't think that'd make much money on the GameCube. There are some thirdparty shooters that were also released on the gamecube recently. 007 Rouge somthing..

I still don't think they have good support. And they're not selective, they're just losing it. Please give proof next time that Nintendo is actually saying no. I'm an avid gamer and i'd know if Nintendo had a policy on rejecting games. The only console I can think of that has a selective problem is Sony with the 2d wary campaign. :p
    OK, so when 3rd parties release games for a console, they just do it, without the consent of Nintendo, Sony, etc? No. Thats why they have to get the "Nintendo Seal Of Approval" on their games. And you don't think that companies want to make money? Of course they do. It doesn't cost much for them to put their game on another disk, and re-arrange the buttons, and the profits would heavily outweigh the costs. And your looking for my sources when you don't have any to prove your case? Mine is based on common sense, you made your point just to debate me.

arcanine said:
    (little gap with the DS to PSP but a big gap from the PS2 to the GC).
    and for those who feel that the DS is absolutely inferior to the PSP, then shouldn't the PSP be closing the gap? I mean, four months is nothing compared to the gap the PS2 had on the GCN. And since the PSP is such a much better system, it shouldn't even need Europe to catch the DS. And for those who think Europe will make a huge difference, it won't. It will not pull the PSP over the top, because that means it would have to more than double the PSP's total sales. Doubtful. And remember guys, all those who think Andy is biased, he has a DS and a PSP and says he likes his PSP better XP. Doesn't sound to biased to me.

dilos ekans said:
    I like Nintendo
    THEN WHY DON'T YOU SHOW IT!?!??! You have not made ONE positive post about Nintendo. I have read all of them, and if you mentioned Nintendo you were arguing against it. You can't blame Andy for "spewing untruthful, false accusations" when every post you have made has been negative to Nintendo (if you mentioned it). In fact, when you said you owned a NES and liked it, was the first positive comment you have made about Nintendo. I'm not saying you don't like it; I'm saying you don't show it.

dilos ekans said:
    So far the only game that falls under that criteria is Midnight Club DE. No other games are 'Straight-Out Mods'.

And from what I can gather the GBA has more 'Straight-Out Mods' from the GameCube than the PSP will ever have.
    OK, I'm sorry, there not "straight" out mods, they're just mods with different titles, a little different gameplay, and different characters, etc. Basically, they are the same ideas as the PS2 games - even Tommy from Judgement Day, who really likes the PSP, said he wanted to see something different from the PS2. You can quabble over words, but you know that they are the same idea as PS2 games.

Btw, i heard a great quote that really sums up my stance on why i like Nintendo: "Sure the games are looking better, but where's the innovation?" - Tommy Tallirico, Judgement Day
    While the PSP's games look great, i just miss the lack of innovation i see on the DS. Thats why i like the DS.

Ninja

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    DarkPenguin said:
    THEN WHY DON'T YOU SHOW IT!?!??! You have not made ONE positive post about Nintendo. I have read all of them, and if you mentioned Nintendo you were arguing against it. You can't blame Andy for "spewing untruthful, false accusations" when every post you have made has been negative to Nintendo (if you mentioned it). In fact, when you said you owned a NES and liked it, was the first positive comment you have made about Nintendo. I'm not saying you don't like it; I'm saying you don't show it.

I don't need to prove anything to you guys. I like Nintendo, but I don't like the GameCube. I love everything else that Nintendo has done BUT the GameCube.

OK, so when 3rd parties release games for a console, they just do it, without the consent of Nintendo, Sony, etc? No. Thats why they have to get the "Nintendo Seal Of Approval" on their games. And you don't think that companies want to make money? Of course they do. It doesn't cost much for them to put their game on another disk, and re-arrange the buttons, and the profits would heavily outweigh the costs. And your looking for my sources when you don't have any to prove your case? Mine is based on common sense, you made your point just to debate me.

No, i'm serious, i'm not arguing with you just for a good debate. All I want is to learn somthing new as far as Nintendo having a policy on rejecting and accepting games. I'm almost positive that it is infact the developer/publisher not wanting the game on the GameCube.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • If you guys want the arguing to stop then stop bringing it up. Stop saying someone is arguing or being negative and you won't give the opportunity to do the said things.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I think Nintendo should offer some more mature games (Geist looks cool), but at the same time not decreasing the amount of family friendly gamest hey make now. More characters and franchises would be nice (they are hoping that Pikmin can become as known as Mario and Zelda, and a new Miyamoto franchise is in the works for Revolution). I don't think the Revolution's going to have a huge problem technically when compared to the 360 of PS3. It didn't in this generation. The GCN was less powerful than the Xbox, but more then the PS2 but nobody made use of that power unfortunately That's all for me, as I like how Nintendo is right now as it suits me well. I don't think they'll get their rep back unless they have things that could be dubbed "Halo killers" and the like. It seems like the Revolution appeals to developers though:

Hideo Kojima said:
    I actually haven?t started developing on the new consoles yet. My impression is, for PS3 Sony is aiming for a very high level. I?m not sure if everyone can live up to that high standard that Sony is expecting. So if everyone is expected to meet that high level, I am not sure that every creator, every publisher will be able to meet these high expectations. For Xbox 360, it?s a little bit more down to earth, more realistic so people maybe can join easily to start creating on the 360. Speaking about Revolution, there are still a lot of secrets and I don?t know everything but from what I heard like you could connect your portables or you could play old games, I get the impression that the developers could create games on less budget or create titles that are not super high expensive in cost. If you allow me to express the three hardware platforms in a funny example, PS3 would be like a dinner that you only have once a year or twice a year on your anniversary etc.

Xbox 360 will still be a special dinner so you might go there two or three times a month on the weekend or something. Revolution is the kind of great dinner that you have everyday at your home. What I want to emphasize is that all three are dinners meaning that they have a salad, they have a soup and maybe have a dessert but they are a little differently, maybe other dinners have two salads or two appetizers or maybe extra coffee on top of that. The point is that they are all individualistic dinners. So if they are all dinners, like a steak dinner, the choice is up to the users and the game designers at the same time.

If the game creators and the users want to have a great steak for their anniversary, they go maybe to PS3. But if they want great dinner, great steak with their family, a little bit more casual during the weekends, they might select Xbox 360. Or why not have a great steak at your house everyday, they might choose Revolution. So my impression of the battle between the consoles is, it?s not about what kind of dinner it is. It?s more about how much the dinner will be. Will it be worth the cost of being served? Or where can I have this dinner - number of restaurants, is it near my house or do I have to take a cab or train or bus? I think the battle amongst the next-gen platforms lies in that area.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Nintendo needs something impressive and innovative and inexpensive when they release the Revolution, considering how much later it's coming out than the other consoles. They need to utilize this time. After all, it was a late release that killed the Dreamcast.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back