• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Discussion (Current Subject: Aerodactyl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sure, its outclassed, but this is an Blaziken discussion, not Infernape, if it was for Infernape, then i would post sets for said infernape, but as it happens, Infernape is not in the title of this thread. So i cant/wont =p.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
  • Why would you use this Clefable:

Clefable @ Leftovers
    252 HP/252 SpD/4 Def Calm
    Seismic Toss
    Thunder Wave
    Ice Beam
    Softboiled

over this Blissey:

Blissey @ Leftovers
    252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD Bold
    Seismic Toss
    Thunder Wave
    Ice Beam
    Softboiled

It makes no sense considering said Clefable is outclassed by Blissey in special walling almost entirely. I can see the same thing with Blaziken and Infernape, why do you stick to the sets which are obviously the same as Infernapes, and just make said Blaziken a mediocre Infernape?

I find that Blaziken is outclassed by Infernape almost everywhere offensively from movepool to stats. It doesn't help that Blaziken fills forgettable niches - i.e. it cannot pull of these sets as its stats and the state of the metagame do not warrant using them.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • And? Does that mean we are not allowed to POSTSIMPLE SETS ABOUT IT? We are just discussing sets for Blazikein. Does that mean it is better, or unusable? No, it means we are simply posting sets for Blazekien.

By the way, pokemon like Blazikien, Steelix, etc, even though they are outclassed, they are usually used for favoritism. It is not a crime to do so, it is a game aimmed towards kids ages 10 & up. Hell, younger than that. It just so happens that Blaze has usable stats. Some people play just to enjoy it, even if they are playing competitive.

As such, Blazekien warrents discussion. If you cannot think of sets for him, just wait until some more OU pokes come out.

Hell, we also do UU pokes here too. That too is a viable metagame. Not everything is up to be paired with OU. Cept this, apparently.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • Aquilae, two answers to the Clefable discussion.

1.) Clefable is UU, Blissey is OU.
    2.) Clefable has Magic Guard, so Toxic, SR, nothing bothers it much except for direct attacks.

But now...back with Blaziken. Sure, without doubt, Infernape really hampers the fiery bird, but Blaziken can fare well if you have Sunny Day support to keep out Sandstorm and Hail. It needs team support, but it can go miles if you give it.

sims796

Years
  • That's what we love about AYBAY. He sums up my entire post in a few sentences, the showoffy punk.

But yeah, I don't think Sunny Day is an absolute necessity for Blaziy to be truly effective. He does boast the same resistances as Nape, and has guns that Nape doesn't.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • I'm not a show-off ;_;...

Well, Blaziken has Reversal, which is why it's sorta vital to make sure weather teams stay out. Actually...Blaziken can down both Tyranitar and Abomasnow with much of ease, so although they'll probably take down Reversing Blaziken with their weather, they're going to be hit very hard in return. Hippowdon won't like such a powerful move either hitting it in the face coming off of that potential 339 attack (372 if you go Adamant).

Blaziken is a team player moreso than a 1-Pokemon army like Infernape. It'll send boosts to respective Pokemon, but can pull its own weight.

sims796

Years
  • Yeah, I forgot about Reversal. Guess he trives in Sunshine teams better than Ape can. And I like that Agilipassing set.

Personally, I like the SubReversal set, though. Similar to Empoleon's set. In fact...

Blaziken@Leichi Berry
    Nature:Adamant
    Substitute
    Fire Punch
    Reversal
    Agility
    EV:Max Atk & Spd

I really like that. Once Ttar and/or Hippo is gone, he is free to sweep with the same principal as Empoleon. I posted a similar set earlier, but yaw'll gave me extra learnings on how he works.

I doubted the power of Reversal. That is why I phail. But I use Vileplume, so I win :)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Blissey has Nature Cure so Toxic doesn't bother it much either :(

The best way to use Blaziken is to use it with a set that Infernape either can't run or can't run better. I find the BPer a useful asset to a few teams no one here has ever seen me use. It can really cause trouble, especially since most PHazers have trouble with it (well, Skarmory at least).

IMO the one thing that really puts Infernape over Blaziken is access to Slack Off. What a workhorse.

EDIT: For those of us with no sarcasm detectors that last line is a joke. lol. SLACK OFF/CALM MIND SET GO

sims796

Years
  • Yeah, who cares, Blissey is OU, Clefableis UU. To even compare them in the first place...then dredge it up after a few posts to point that fact out to prove whatever. Yeah.

Nape also doesn't have acess to Reversal, great for late game clean ups.

And it wasn't a joke. Slack Off allows Nape to wall much of the NU metagame.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
  • Actually Luvdisc/Sudowoodo beat it or so I would think.

What the example here was that if you are planning to use these pokemon in the OU metagame since most pokemon which are not used are overshadowed by their partners in OU. Sure, Clefable doesn't take residual damage but that isn't really the point of my post, since there isn't a better way I could find to quote this example, either the pokemon in question is overshadowed in almost every way (read: NFEs) or they are too different. Regardless, the key point that I was trying to make is that Clefable should not be used in that role simply because it is outclassed at that by Blissey ; an example would be to use a Cosmic Power staller with Encore to generate free setups and stop/discourage setups.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • o.O blaziken is a fun subpuncher.

Blaziken @ Flame Plate/Leichi Berry/Wide Lens/Leftovers *shrug*
    Naughty Nature
    228 ATK/64 SP ATK/216 SPD
    -Focus Punch
    -Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    -Thunderpunch/Stone Edge
    -Substitute

the power on this thing is amazing. i love milotic switch-ins who get clobbered with focus punch and finished with tpunch. the only real threats to it are claydol and cresselia, and maybe some physical barriers like hippow/rhyperior who could shrug at the first focus punch but probably couldn't take a double boosted flamethrower all that well.

SilverLightning

The Lightning Beast.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2008
    Blaziken@fire plate
    252 atk,252spd,6hp
    -over heat
    -skyuppercut
    -Earth Quake
    -Aerial Ace

Also, where do you get the Pokemon picture like Golem? please tell! I'm really looking for em. Please send it in a PM!

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
  • If Infernape can use its already given speed to sweep with Nasty Plot/Swords Dance, Blaziken might be able to use its already given attack to do something similar.

Blaziken @ Expert Belt (Life Orb would work too)
    EVs: 252 Atk / 132 Spd / 126 HP
    Nature: Adamant (Atk+/SAtk-)
    - Agility
    - Blaze Kick/Flare Blitz
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Shadow Claw/Stone Edge

I've never tested it in competitive play, but I'd imagine it would do well as a wall-breaker since it hits SE on almost all walls. Shadow Claw prevents Gardevoir/Gallade from revenge killing it and kills Starmie, while Stone Edge kills Aero and co. since Blaziken outspeeds them after an Agility.

Beginnings

thx tom-san for banner/avvy
    Years
  • I like the set above, I think Blaze Kick >> Flare Blitz, because of no recoil, as for Stone Edge vs. Shadow Claw, it's a tough choice, because Stone Edge, gets Aero, and flying co. Shadow Claw is a good move, but you don't really have to worry about Starmie, unless Blaziken is headin into OU.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • I had actually intended on making a Blaziken, until I had heard that Infernape is better. so I bred me an Infernape instead. I hate chimchar, BTW...

Now that my Infernape is ready, though, I want to breed a Blaziken just for fun. the agility set sounds interesting, but how does it hold up in practice? I'm still fairly new to competitive pokemon (only 3 pokemon IV bred, 4 EV trained) and I'm not familiar with all the possibilities yet. I also don't have Wifi at my home, so it makes it very difficult for me to feel out the metagame.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    A better comparsion to Blazekin would perhaps be charizard. Charizard has better speed, but Blaziken has better attack and special attack. Both have their drawbacks, Charizard and stone edge and all.... Blaziken having that pyschic weakeness.

Years
  • A better comparsion to Blazekin would perhaps be charizard. Charizard has better speed, but Blaziken has better attack and special attack. Both have their drawbacks, Charizard and stone edge and all.... Blaziken having that pyschic weakeness.

No. Charizard has different things to do, Blaziken just wants to be Infernape.
    Stone edge is the least of Charizards worries - Stealth Rock just murders it.

A Psychic weakness is only an issue if you are fighting a bulky Psychic or Medicham/Gallade. All of which you should avoid anyway.

LeRn ur Pokemanz!!!!!1!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    No. Charizard has different things to do, Blaziken just wants to be Infernape.
    Stone edge is the least of Charizards worries - Stealth Rock just murders it.

A Psychic weakness is only an issue if you are fighting a bulky Psychic or Medicham/Gallade. All of which you should avoid anyway.

LeRn ur Pokemanz!!!!!1!

Sorry, I haven't played a single game since gsc, and I'm trying to get into competitve battling.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back