• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2019
    I'd really like it if they made gen 3 all in to just two games. A game that remakes Ruby with Fire Red and Sapphire with Leaf Green + Emerald Features.

It's possible, Nintendo knows they could massively capitalize on this. Considering the fandom HG/SS got with two regions and also considering it would be awkward to remake firered and leafgreen as stand alone title. I reckon Nintendo would profit greatly from putting them both together. They'd pull in the hardcore pokemon crowd instantly.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    I'm pretty sure that Ruby and Sapphire will have remakes. And I think that they're not far away, because in 2012 it will be the 10th anniversary of the original games.

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    I think yes. After B&W are released, it's only region with no 3D. (If you count Gen IV as 3D)
    Kanto: Red&Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold&Silver, Fire Red&Leaf Green, Heart Gold&Soul Silver
    Johto: Gold&Silver, Crystal, Heart Gold&Soul Silver
    Hoenn:Ruby&Sapphire, Emerald
    Sinnoh: Diamond&Pearl, Platinum
    Isshu: Black&White

So Hoenn is oldest region with 3 games (Isshu is current gen so it's not counted)

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • Hell yea! I would be at it like a shot.

Here I am now Replaying my younger brothers saphire version because he made some sort of saving error and got corrupted =/

And well to stay on topic, theres little connection on capatability for getting the hoenn pokes into sinnoh/hg,ss. And besides hoenn has the best storyline. who wouldnt buy it? they baught a kanto and johto remake afterall.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I have a friend who says no, he didn't like RSE (yet his favorite poke is gardevoir, weird).
    I, on the other hand, say H yes. It would make the Hoenn region tons more enjoyable.
    On a slightly off topic note: when they get to DPP they will be so awesome thanks to the fact that they will probably be on the 3DS, which will hopefully revolutionize handheld gaming. Come to think of it by the time these Hoenn remakes come out, they will also probably be on the 3DS.
    Also, I know they will make a remake, because thanks to HGSS, they've set a pattern. two gens, remake, two gens, remake. we are entering the first of the next two gens now, with BW.

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
  • Hoenn doesn't just deserve a DS remake, it needs a 3DS remake, and by the time BW has come out, the 3DS will have been out too,(w/o a gba slot!) so why not 3DS Hoenn?

SgtPatches

i has a beard
    Years
  • I think the R/S/E remakes are doubtful. R/B/G and G/S/C were remade because the Game Boy versions had no compatibility whatsoever with the GBA games. However, the GBA games ARE compatible with the DS games (hell, HG/SS still have a Pal Park), and it's already been announced that B/W and D/P/Pt/HG/SS will be compatible, there is still no legitimate reason for R/S/E remakes until there is no compatibility whatsoever, whether directly or transitively, between the advance gen games and whatever future generation is coming up.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I bet only Ruby and Sapphire would be remade, but not Emerald.

Anyways, just wait for the 3DS and they'll surely come.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    It would have to be in 3d, the original Rs games were in graphics that are now considered "old" but not "horrible" so it would have to have a huge improvement from the graphics of Gen 3

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • People think Emerald will be remade because there are green rocks in Cerulean Cave in HG/SS. That's probably the stupidest of all the stupid reasons.

If they do make remakes (and I am 99% certain they will) it will be of Ruby and Sapphire.

I don't like Hoenn that much. But with 5 generations of Pokémon in them, and with the enhanced graphics..(and maybe even seasons now) I will love it for sure!

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2011
    the remakes would sell millions starting region my partner swampert found there remake swampert i will come till then

i stand alone

blue

gucci
    Years
  • People think Emerald will be remade because there are green rocks in Cerulean Cave in HG/SS. That's probably the stupidest of all the stupid reasons.

If they do make remakes (and I am 99% certain they will) it will be of Ruby and Sapphire.

I don't like Hoenn that much. But with 5 generations of Pokémon in them, and with the enhanced graphics..(and maybe even seasons now) I will love it for sure!

Yeah, also because of the green Pokéballs in the Pokécenters in HG/SS, which is also stupid, as you said, if any games are going to be remade from that generation it's going to be Ruby & Sapphire, just like Red & Green, and Gold & Silver.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Remakes always do amazing...
    I went to play the old gold and silver today to bring back memories... yeah i couldn't play it for more than 5 minutes.

Technology keeps advancing so the remakes will just keep getting better and better so i would definately buy it.

Hey who knows, maybe one day pokemon will be a virtual reality game. that would be SWEET.

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • I honestly see the following possible scenarios for the next "remake" game:

1) Ruby and Sapphire remakes on the 3DS. Although typically remakes have occurred on the same hardware as the newest generation, the fact that Black & White is on the DS is enough of an anomaly in comparison to previous games for this to work. Whether this happens after Black & White, or B&W's successor, however, is up in the air.

2) A remake of Yellow, basically the equivalent of FireRed/LeafGreen running on DS or 3DS hardware, with more anime references than the original Yellow had.

3) Instead of actual remakes, there would be all-new adventures in previous regions, with new characters and so forth - perhaps starting with a game that takes place in Kanto like a decade after R/G/B/Y/FR/LG.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back