• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
  • Also people say that R/S wont get remade because they we're for the GBA, well if that's the case then the only two games to get remade and will ever be remade are Red/Green & Gold/Silver, however, with Nintendo bringing out new systems, just take the Dsi for instance, that no longer has a GBA slot nor do any of the other systems following (Dsi XL, 3DS) so if that's the case, they are in the same position as R/B & G/S therefore a remake is plausable.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    what?

The Game Freak employee is talking about Heart Gold and Soul Silver. There isn't any deep meaning to that dialogue, just a use of the present tense.

Last edited:

JustKidingYa

No, this time its for real
    Years
  • if you take the D/P pokecenter pokeball design(the white part) and switch the green on HG SS pokeball design you get a white pokeball on a black backgroundand a green pokeball filled with gold and silver
    and on HG SS the cerulen cave hase alot of emeralds in it

they might be called
    Pokemon MindRuby and SpiritSapphire
    i know "mindruby" sucks, but "Spirit Sapphire" is good

Last edited:
    Years
  • ^ Exactly, so I think that they are talking about R/S/E remakes. I mean, it could maybe mean HG/SS, but it seems unlikely since that dialogue is in HG/SS.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I don't think that this has any relevance but today, Nintendo revealed

"In addition to this, they confirmed that there are 3DS and Wii titles in development for the Pokémon series"

And for every New console (major console) there has been a new game

(Red/Blue) - Gameboy
    (Gold/Silver) - Gameboy Colour
    (Ruby/Sapphire) - Gameboy Advance
    (Fire Red & Leaf Green) - Gameboy Advance SP
    (Diamond & Pearl) - Nintendo DS
    (Heart Gold & Soul Silver) - Nintendo DSi
    (??? & ???) - Nintendo 3DS - Possibly Sapphire & Ruby Remakes.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It dosen't make sence if it's about HG/SS, giving that the dialouge is in HG/SS.

Yes it does. Their dialogue is talking to the player about what developing HGSS was like, seeing as there isn't a way for the player to be told this before the games come out.

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    Yeah I would buy it. I enjoyed the ones that are out now. So a remake might be nice. Though I would hope they would take their time with it so it turned out good or at least decent.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    It dosen't make sence if it's about HG/SS, giving that the dialouge is in HG/SS.
    Perhaps you're forgetting that the same people in both Generation 1 and 2 talked about the very game they were in, not about some future game.

I do wish people would stop grasping at straws.

Years
  • Okay people calm down it's just a guess.

Anyways, I really hope that these remakes will be for DS, because I have no interest in the Nintendo 3DS thing.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • In addition to Ruby and Sapphire, I'd love it if they remade Pokemon Yellow for 3DS. How goddamn awesome would that be?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Not very. This idea comes up every few pages, and well, when was the last time you saw Game Freak involve the cartoon in their games in anyway? Yellow was a quick way to cash in on the show's unexpected success, and a way for Game Freak to buy time while the development of Pocket Monsters 2 (later going on to become Pokémon Gold and Silver) was restructured for the Game Boy Colour.

Years
  • A yellow remake would basically be the same thing as a Red and Blue remake. And not to mention that it's been done before.

Anyways, I've been playing my Ruby recently and I have to admit it's getting my pumped for a R/S/E remake. Now I really want one lol.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • A yellow remake would basically be the same thing as a Red and Blue remake. And not to mention that it's been done before.

Yeah, it has been done before, except that Yellow Version is the most different from its core games, making it a far more valid option than say, remaking Crystal or Emerald (though, in a few console generations' time, I'd like to see Crystal remade also). Also, extending the gameplay to beyond Kanto would be easier in a Yellow remake as it loosely follows the anime story.

But anyway, Ruby and Sapphire should be the priority. I thought despite the graphics update, they weren't as good as Gold and Silver were, so I think another facelift would do Hoenn some good.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    I wouldn't mind a R/S remake just like G/S with new stuff thrown in. I know after I beat R/B/Y I was excited about G/S but never played them. By the way you guys make me feel old after all I played R/B/Y in highschool senior year and now pushing a good 30 and can't wait to play B/W. Yes Kanto was remade a lot but honestly its just cause it was in two sets of games. I own HeartGold and am glad to have finally played through the entire game instead of half way through on my japanese emulator.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I don't think that this has any relevance but today, Nintendo revealed

"In addition to this, they confirmed that there are 3DS and Wii titles in development for the Pokémon series"

And for every New console (major console) there has been a new game

(Red/Blue) - Gameboy
    (Gold/Silver) - Gameboy Colour
    (Ruby/Sapphire) - Gameboy Advance
    (Fire Red & Leaf Green) - Gameboy Advance SP
    (Diamond & Pearl) - Nintendo DS
    (Heart Gold & Soul Silver) - Nintendo DSi
    (??? & ???) - Nintendo 3DS - Possibly Sapphire & Ruby Remakes.
    This was definitely some of the most exciting news I have read on Serebii. I really hope it's not a spin-off game ( like another Pokemon Typing, lolwut ). Although I personally think it would be better if Pokemon's debut on the 3DS was a new generation, not a remake, it seems a bit early for them to be working on two new games completely from the ground up (i.e. RSE already has an established story, pokemon, characters, ect. that simply needs to be prettied up ).

Someone replied to another post of mine a few pages back and basically said that the same team who works on the main series games doesn't need to work on the remakes. And this makes complete sense when one takes considers how close the release dates for HGSS and Pt were. So it seems to me that remakes are more likely in development now than two new main generation games.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    The HGSS team was most likely split up after development of that game finished. One group would be assigned to the last push to finish off BW's development, while the rest either sat on their chairs twiddling their thumbs or were getting to grips with the 3DS SDK and starting on the massive overhaul of assets that'd be needed for a next-gen Pokémon game. And yes, going by the same timeframe as since RSE, we'll see the next version of BW in 2012, a new Pokémon game in 2014 and a remake of Ruby and Sapphire sometime during that 2 year period.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back