• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
Years
  • I would actually buy it if it was remade but if it took more than one year or somthing I wouldn't get it and wouldn't wait for that long for a game.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I would actually buy it if it was remade but if it took more than one year or somthing I wouldn't get it and wouldn't wait for that long for a game.

I'm not sure I understand. If they come out in less than a year, you'll buy it, but if it takes longer than a year, you won't? Is it a matter of principle?

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    I think it's really likely based on the Dream World. *cough* I'll explain.

In Unova Pokemon's Dream World, you find Pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.

BUT NO UNOVA POKEMON.

So? Why program in 100+ alternate abilities if they're not going to be used? So far we have TWO Dream World abilities on Unova Pokemon (Darmanitan & Musharna) and both are through in-game events.

My theory is that in R/S/E's remakes, the Dreamm World will return, but it will feature exclusively or mostly Unova Pokemon, allowing for stuff like Shadow Tag Chandelure.

Shiny Zoroark

Veteran Connor
    Years
  • There will most likely be remakes of Ruby and Sapphire. People have found lots of hints in Pokemon Platinum, Pokemon HG/SS and Pokemon Black and White. Plus, 2012 is the 10th aniversary of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • It especially made no sense for the Sinnoh Dragon Trio to be in Johto as the Sinnoh story took place at exactly the same time - I know they are powerful, but I don't think they can be in two places at once.

Yeah...that, too. >_> Palkia might be able to with its space-bending abilities and stuff, though, but idk...

It's going to be made, definitely. R/S/E was a great experience for me.

But I wonder, will they revamp the Hoenn Battle Frontier, or just use Unova's upcoming one?

The Hoenn Battle Frontier should be remade in 3D! I would figure...reusing Unova's one would be terrible when Hoenn already has its own. Just implement the same facilities, only with an updated graphical style and new Sinnoh and Unova Pokemom as well. I would get irked if Pokemon Gray came after the RS remakes and still decided to ripoff Hoenn's Battle Frontier. Which would mean the same Battle Frontier being used three times. -_- It wouldn't make sense either, considering Unova's vast distance from Hoenn. I'm hoping that RS remakes retain Emerald's Battle Frontier with updates, while Pokemon Gray introduces a Battle Frontier exclusive to Unova.

I would actually buy it if it was remade but if it took more than one year or somthing I wouldn't get it and wouldn't wait for that long for a game.

Huh..? Virtually all most games take more than a year of development...you honestly can't wait more than a year for a game? You'd refuse buying a game just because of how long it took to release? I'd rather wait a year or more for a high-quality game rather than rush an Obvious Beta out in the span of six months... :\

I think it's really likely based on the Dream World. *cough* I'll explain.

In Unova Pokemon's Dream World, you find Pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.

BUT NO UNOVA POKEMON.

So? Why program in 100+ alternate abilities if they're not going to be used? So far we have TWO Dream World abilities on Unova Pokemon (Darmanitan & Musharna) and both are through in-game events.

My theory is that in R/S/E's remakes, the Dreamm World will return, but it will feature exclusively or mostly Unova Pokemon, allowing for stuff like Shadow Tag Chandelure.

For kicks? ._.

But yeah, very interesting theory. Hopefully, the releases would occur soon enough - I just realized that that means I can't use a Reckless Emboar or Contrarian Serperior yet until RS remakes come out. T_T

There will most likely be remakes of Ruby and Sapphire. People have found lots of hints in Pokemon Platinum, Pokemon HG/SS and Pokemon Black and White. Plus, 2012 is the 10th aniversary of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.

Well, stuff in Platinum aren't really hint because we didn't even know if we were getting GS remakes back then. All of this "hint" theorizing is going awry occasionally, but it gives me a bit more hope for RS remakes in the long run. :)

Years
  • GenV is the rule breaker. All the past trends have really come to an end. The time hypothesis has reached its conclusion, and R/S Pokémon can still be imported to the current generation. We can't predict games like this using trends, like we could for HG/SS, but nothing excludes the possibility.

I don't support the idea of remakes, but I'd still buy them like I do every other core RPG game.

If we want to look at trends anyway, shouldn't they also remake FR/LG? :P
    Kanto should make an appearance in this generation in some capacity, as it has in every past generation.

Shining Raichu

Years
  • I have another "hint".

I don't know if this means anything, but here goes: I bought the Pokemon Black and White Pokemon card tins which each have one Unova starter and a preview pack of five other Unova Pokemon, as well as four booster packs from previous releases. Two of those four packs are from Call of Legends, and in each of the three tins, the two Call of Legends packs had Kyogre and Groudon on the cover.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2011
    First of all, I'm back on here - not been on for a couple of years but really need to start posting regularly on here...

I was thinking about this earlier and immediately came on here.

Feel free to add to my comments; they'll surely have been included previously on this thread. But here I go:

PROS:

1) Hoenn is the only region not to be made on a DS-format game.

2) The Hoenn region has been mentioned in D/P/Pl (and although I've yet to see any for myself because I'm slowly playing B/W, I've heard it's mentioned in B/W too)

3) R/S/E were games which introduced weather changes outside of battles. That reason alone should merit a remake surely?

4) Steven made an appearance in HG/SS...does that count as a hint towards a remake? (Going by the Jasmine appearance in D/P/Pl)

5) A couple of mentions about Hoenn are made throughout the DS-format games, as with Johto prior to its remake. You could even stretch the Game Freak colleague saying they're making a remake of an old game (of course they 100% meant HG/SS) to possibly include other remakes...but that's really getting picky

6) You can't obtain any Pokémon from R/S/E in direct trades (You can migrate, yes. You can even obtain in direct trades as you would want to but the original method of obtaining them would still have to be through migration via Pal Park. You can even argue the case for FR/LG but they've already been remade, and albeit the Sevii islands and the original version of Kanto, you can access Kanto and the majority of its home Pokémon in HG/SS...but that's going off on huge tangents!!)

7) Every other region has had its chance of DS-format soundtracks apart from Hoenn

8) Remaking R/S/E could give the Nintendo Wi-Fi boys a chance to create events to do with Jirachi, which in my opinion is a real must!

9) Nintendo aren't releasing consoles anymore in which to play GBA games...so for anyone that needs to migrate, you'd need to invest in a DS or a DSlite in order to do so (should you not already have one)

CONS:

1) Regardless of the methods in which to do so, you can obtain all the Pokémon available in R/S/E

2) Apart from a couple of touch-screen extras added, what else could you do to the R/S/E storyline without damaging it? It was one of the finest storylines, especially as it didn't involve leaving the game-based region, like most of the other games since have done.

3) The exclusive legendary Pokémon in R/S/E are already obtainable through HG/SS

Last edited:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Notice how Looker says when you found the last Sage in B/W:

"Sightings of a N and a Dragon-type Pokémon seen in a far away regionhave been seen. I'm going to see if this is true. This is not the last time we meet!"

Is this a hint for R/S remakes? Is N seen in Hoenn?

Notice how Looker says when you found the last Sage in B/W:

"Sightings of a N and a Dragon-type Pokémon seen in a far away regionhave been seen. I'm going to see if this is true. This is not the last time we meet!"

Is this a hint for R/S remakes? Is N seen in Hoenn?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    2) Apart from a couple of touch-screen extras added, what else could you do to the R/S/E storyline without damaging it? It was one of the finest storylines, especially as it didn't involve leaving the game-based region, like most of the other games since have done.

I'd hope they do everything they can to bring the quality of the story up to the same levels as we've seen in BW. Giving each team a much bigger presence throughout the land, removing the un-needed fetch quest sequences around the beginning, giving your rivals/whatever much more presence throughout the game, and in general making important NPCs like Gym Leaders do more than just sit around doing nothing in their Gyms all day.

B/W was a big step in terms of fully integrating all three parts of the game's story (the League Challenge, the Legendary Pokémon and the Villainous Team) as well as having story events happening much more often.

Pika-power

Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
  • All the vague hints given by GameFreak are probably true. I don't think they could make another batch of new pokemon in a year or so.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I'd hope they do everything they can to bring the quality of the story up to the same levels as we've seen in BW. Giving each team a much bigger presence throughout the land, removing the un-needed fetch quest sequences around the beginning, giving your rivals/whatever much more presence throughout the game, and in general making important NPCs like Gym Leaders do more than just sit around doing nothing in their Gyms all day.

B/W was a big step in terms of fully integrating all three parts of the game's story (the League Challenge, the Legendary Pokémon and the Villainous Team) as well as having story events happening much more often.
    I agree. With Black and White, they've made such a big leap with the storyline, characters, and plot compared to past games - including those most recent before B&W - that I would actually want to see them really bring out more with a RS remake compared to the originals. Not just in graphics alone, but with everything as a whole. Now, I don't mean for them to change the direction of the story, but extend it, make it longer, include new characters, twists, plot lines and more. Black and White set a new standard for Pokémon and GameFreak, so if they want to top that, they've got to make another big leap even if it's in a remake.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Yeah...that, too. >_> Palkia might be able to with its space-bending abilities and stuff, though, but idk...

Well, stuff in Platinum aren't really hint because we didn't even know if we were getting GS remakes back then. All of this "hint" theorizing is going awry occasionally, but it gives me a bit more hope for RS remakes in the long run. :)

well thats not true since HG/SS came out a year after platinum they would of have to known.

Shining Raichu

Years
  • I agree. With Black and White, they've made such a big leap with the storyline, characters, and plot compared to past games - including those most recent before B&W - that I would actually want to see them really bring out more with a RS remake compared to the originals. Not just in graphics alone, but with everything as a whole. Now, I don't mean for them to change the direction of the story, but extend it, make it longer, include new characters, twists, plot lines and more. Black and White set a new standard for Pokémon and GameFreak, so if they want to top that, they've got to make another big leap even if it's in a remake.

While the B/W storyline is good, I actually found it a little short. I hope they do remedy that in future installments.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well there are a couple of people who talk about the Hoenn region in Black and White, from what I've seen so far now I don't know if that's purely based hints but a couple of the soundtracks are remixed from R/S/E (Route 9 Mall & Elite Four) in FR/LG Island 4 was a remix of Azalea Town and a few years later came HG/SS but I do think a R/S remake is plausable and I'd love to see N in it, it would make it less cliché and more of a different feel.

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
  • I'd buy it simply 'cos i've bought them all as they go. R/S/E were my least favourite main-line games produced, but i would be interested to see how they were remade and if they were made better

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I think after the third game of the black and white series, they would release the remakes (like they did with platinum). In honesty it would be made on the 3DS so that would add an extra depth to it, and lets face it this might as well already be confirmed since we all know its gonna happen.

Would i like to see it happen..yes but keep the improvements from previous gens and emerald and your set you got me sold. I really liked the Pokemon Desgins too of Hoenn in some respects like my Ralts and Absol. So yeah i wouldnt mind it :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2015
    the first pokemon game i ever played through fully was emerald, if they were to remake i would totally buy it. because a lot of the kanto pokemon were available in HG/SS i doubt they will re-remake FR/LG... though they might make my dreams come true and make a game where you start in kanto, beat the league, go to johto, beat the league, travel to hoenn, beat the league, do the battle frontier, fly to sinnoh, beat the league, battle frontier, travel to isshu or unova or whatever its called... im stuck in japan for genV but... i know it'll take a remade engine and probable cost loads to develop, but they allready have kanto johto n ishhu 3d rendered or whatever, sinnoh needs some graphics tweaking but it'd be fine, and hoenn, should they make a remake, will be rerendered, therefor it'd be EPIC!id totally buy it... even if it cost 100 quid! ... ii think im off topic here... but yh they'd have 2 make a gen III in gen V to allow you to get every one of the 5-600 pokemon... im still stuck on 493:/ damn nintendo multiplies pokes fast soo... yh... gen III remakes FTW! ^.^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back