• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Solar And Lunar Editions, Rm2k

It's official:the new CBS will be the "official" one. Should I personalize/improve it

• Yes, give it a custom flair

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • No, the standard is perfect

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
  • That's not necessary Thunder. I actually appreciate what he said, believe it or not :P

Anyway, I did those rips of the PK select screen and the trainer card, which probably explains why they're so bad :P. Let me remind you that my goal in this game is not to replicate, but to create, so I'm probably going to ditch those anyway and make my own. There are some things I'm going to keep the same though, like the chipsets, because if not it wouldn't feel like a real Pkmn game.

Map design? Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I've been studying the real Pokemon maps, so whenever I get the time to revamp them, I'll go ahead and improve them.

Run of the mill fangame? Well, that's what it is, XD. I never planned it to be the game of the century, lol :P. But like Thunder said, I try. And that's all the counts for me. I'm happy with the results, and if you don't like 'em, there's nothing wrong with that. Professional video games get critically panned all the time :D.

Years
  • Thunder said:
    dude dont say that to darkmage or ill punch u its good man u should atleast man hes trying hard keep your criticism to yourself! cuz yours doea sound pretty queer

Be nice and dont call people something like you just did, or i will have to tell a Moderator or an Admin

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • *waves hand*
    You can tell me, Avatar! Anyway, it doesn't much matter. I don't want to edit his post, and I think he learned his lesson, lol.

On a happy note, I'm planning another update, hopefully for this weekend. Just gotta spiff up a few things...

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
  • "That's not necessary Thunder. I actually appreciate what he said, believe it or not

Anyway, I did those rips of the PK select screen and the trainer card, which probably explains why they're so bad . Let me remind you that my goal in this game is not to replicate, but to create, so I'm probably going to ditch those anyway and make my own. There are some things I'm going to keep the same though, like the chipsets, because if not it wouldn't feel like a real Pkmn game.

Map design? Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I've been studying the real Pokemon maps, so whenever I get the time to revamp them, I'll go ahead and improve them.

Run of the mill fangame? Well, that's what it is, XD. I never planned it to be the game of the century, lol . But like Thunder said, I try. And that's all the counts for me. I'm happy with the results, and if you don't like 'em, there's nothing wrong with that. Professional video games get critically panned all the time "

Now thats what I call understanding.
    If only all people were as understanding.

I'll be looking forward to the next update.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • It's all abou the attitude ;) And if you want to quote something, use the "Quote" tag for coolness
    me said:
    Just use [*quote=Person who said it]Text[*/quote] without the *'s. Thought I'd let you know that little tip :D

UPDATE: Site updated with community.

Last edited:

Thunder

Suicune Master!
    Years
  • Wtf Darkmage31 Said Wat Booda Sack Did But Dark Said It First!!!!! Booda Sack PROB KNOWS HOW TO GET INTO DARKS ACCOUNT OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • No, booda was quoting me. Note the " symbol placed around the post before it. That's why I showed him the Quote tag so it's easier to tell.

Anyway, I've worked on it a little today :)
    New stuff:
    1) I worked on the intro. Now, it's a super-cinematic shrink-down when the hero graphic becomes a sprite. It shrinks down, and then the black background fades into your room around the hero charset. It took me forever to figure out how to do it, and it came out great IMO!
    2) Few glitch fixes
    3) MUCH better reflection system. I just gotta work out one kink, but you probably won't see it anyway. Now there's NO LAG even on slow computers (like mine)
    4) Added an AVI movie of the FR/LG intro, inspired by MissingChu. It's in right now, but I'm still debating weaather or not to use it in the final.
    5) Cool new graphics for a bunch of stuff. For example, in the Oak intro the disks the guys stand on fade into the background and looks really glowy in low resolution, and pretty good full screen.
    6) Redone intro. I now have everything in the right order. For example, gender select isn't the first thing anymore. I still gotta work on the pics for the gender select thing. Eventually, I'm going to use the FR/LG oak introduction sprites, but probably not in this upcoming release.
    7) Hiro sprite updated! Now it in bette with the other R/S charsets!
    8) A few more map events...
    9) Few other random things...

Hm.. just short of 10! Not bad! I hope to wrap things up with this and upload it to the web for download by Sunday. Just letting all of you know!

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • That sounds great DM it's great to hear that your progressing rather well. I can't wait to play your next demo because of all these new improvements. I bid you good luck with the rest of your game.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Yay! Sunday's tommorow! I'll play it right after my test and visit to the hospital.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Good luck with your health, Daegon. More stuff added!
    1) Fixed some tileset passes
    2) Added a little secret ;)

I think that's all... I test play and get all the bugs out today, then upload tomorrow!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Is the upload going to be delayed to a different date, or in the evening?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • First of all, the secret is like nothing. Just a little... oh, you'll see.

I'll upload it closer to the evening. I have a lot of schoolwork to finish today :dead: When/If I get the time...

PatriotFan89

Biggest NE Patriot Fan!!!
    Years
  • Don't worry about uploading it tonite, schoolwork is more important. I haven't had much time to work on anything because of school and finals.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Sorry I wasn't able to release it yesterday. I should have time today, so I'll work on polishing it up (of course there'll still be problems ;)). I'll let everyone know when it's sucessfully uploaded!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • In case you didn't realize, it's updated now. You can download the next version. Just be sure to skip the intro- there's a glitch. Other than that, it's coming along pretty well!

Back