• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Solar And Lunar Editions, Rm2k

It's official:the new CBS will be the "official" one. Should I personalize/improve it

• Yes, give it a custom flair

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • No, the standard is perfect

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I'm glad all of you were so traumatized by my abscense! Well, I'm here to say Pokemon Lunar has not totally died. I'll be resuming work on it as soon as I tie up some loose ends here and get a bit more work done on on the pokemon selection screen for the team project.

I have a lot of work to do because my game has fallen below par compared to all the new great games out now! So, I've had lots of time to think up new and innovative ideas for the game, and I'll be announcing my new gameplan for producing this game soon, as well as my goals and what I'm trying to accomplish. I'll also work on a story board to focus my ideas and get some more inspiration up for this project.

I hope all you guys still support my game!

Years
DarkMage31 said:
I'm glad all of you were so traumatized by my abscense! Well, I'm here to say Pokemon Lunar has not totally died. I'll be resuming work on it as soon as I tie up some loose ends here and get a bit more work done on on the pokemon selection screen for the team project.

I have a lot of work to do because my game has fallen below par compared to all the new great games out now! So, I've had lots of time to think up new and innovative ideas for the game, and I'll be announcing my new gameplan for producing this game soon, as well as my goals and what I'm trying to accomplish. I'll also work on a story board to focus my ideas and get some more inspiration up for this project.

I hope all you guys still support my game!

I do support your game :)

And if you need any help with sprites and such, you know who to call.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2004
Im sure you can bring it back above par and we'll all be here to help if you need it DM have fun at camp!

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Before I joined PC, I've been following how your game was progressing DM. I was definitely impressed of how the game played out on the demo! I agree with everyone here too. I'm behind you on this, and I believe that you can easily bring your game up to par and beyond! No doubts here.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I must say I wasn't exactly expecting that overwhelming response... THANK YOU! It feels great to know that people care. I just hope I won't dissappoint.... Time to get to work! Oh, so much to do. Not counting Lunar, here's my to-do list just on PC:

1) demos list
2) ask about tutorial stuff
3) rules for this forum
4) Team CBS readme

Hopefully I'll get around to it all!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, I hope that you do. Anyway, I'm sure that Lunar will make a great
comeback!

PatriotFan89

Biggest NE Patriot Fan!!!
Years
DM, you can get somebody to help you with some stuff here at PC. You shouldn't have to worry about disappointing people either. Everyone supports what you have now, so things can only get better!

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
DM, you can get somebody to help you with some stuff here at PC

Just out of curiousity, what do you mean by stuff?

*Sorry for once again going off topic*

PatriotFan89

Biggest NE Patriot Fan!!!
Years
I meant in general. Like somebody could help with the demos list. Someone could help with the teams readme too. The rules I'm not sure about however, but somebody who's been here for a while could help him with those, although thats somewhat easy.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Are you saying that there should be another mod in this section?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Even if there should be another mod, it's not my decision. It's usually Kairi or someone who find you. And if you want to be one, for heaven's sake, don't ask!

Alright, back on topic.

I opened RM2K3 today, played it through, wrote down a few bugs to fix, but I'd like to know what you guys think I need to improve on.

Let's do it this way:

I'd like you to rate the following things on a scale of 1-5, five being best, and then tell me what I need to improve on if it's not a five.

Title Screen
Introduction Sequence
Oak introduction
Hero Sprite
Quality of graphics rips
Quality of charset rips
Message system
CMS
CBS
Map Design
Story (even though there's not much yet)
Gameplay (running boots, etc)
Lag (too many events at one time?)
OVERALL (score of 1-10)

PLEASE DON'T TRY TO FLATTER ME!

Years
Oh i'm not good at these rating things, but i'll try:

Title Screen: I like the title screen, it shows the title and the main pokemon Umbreon :)
Introduction Sequence: I liked it, but the picture of Pikachu and Cyndaquil sleeping isnt transparent, so the white background doesn't blend with the green one, you might want insert the copyright image into the start up screen, to replace the Enterbrain logo.
Oak introduction: Yet again I did not see anything wrong about this, except that I think you should change the Oak sprite to the FR/LG, or recolor/shade the G/S/C sprite to make it advanced style, same thing for Hiro and Sentret.
Hero Sprite: There's some black spots on the charset (while facing left or right, his pants are black at the bottom) that you might want to change, take reference to some FR sprites, and then fix it up.
Quality of graphics rips: Some of the rips had a bit bad quality, but I guess they got a bit screwed up, when you saved them(?), you just need to fix it and it will all be good.
Quality of charset rips: The ripped charsets had no problems as far as I could tell, except for Brawly, he was a bit screwed up.
Message system: Didnt lack anything really.
CMS: This had no problems but I think some of the pictures were a bit screwed up in quality like the other ripped ones.
CBS: I think there's been enough comments on this already, so i'll leave it out.
Map Design: It looked good, but there was some errors in Bantam Town, I noticed some of the trees was just copy/pasted onto some of the others, and that didnt look too good.
Story (even though there's not much yet): It's good, and it had Umbreon, one of my favorite eon, :)
Gameplay (running boots, etc): The running s***s were like in Pokemon, except for the picture of the boots, which didn't bother me.
Can't really rate the bike since it wasn't done yet, but the basics of it works.
Lag (too many events at one time?): It didn't lack for me, so I cant really say anything about this part.
OVERALL (score of 1-10): I give it a 7, with a few fixes here and there, it could be a definate 10 ;)

Hope this helped :)

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Okay, thanks. That helped, Avatar.

capalex65: That's why we have the new Completed Demo archive! You can click the download link to the game and start downloading right away! Cool, if I do say so myself ;)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
DM I love your game. The only improvement I can think of would be to update the chip/charsets to FRLG. Then your game will look completely different.

Back