• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Solar And Lunar Editions, Rm2k

It's official:the new CBS will be the "official" one. Should I personalize/improve it

• Yes, give it a custom flair

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • No, the standard is perfect

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I kinda like R/S though........

Anyway, as most of you may or may not know, my goal has never been to "replicate," but to "create." So, I've been working on some totally custom screens to use, keeping with the whole "Lunar" theme. What do you think of the Pok?mon selection screen I made in the GIMP program? Yes, I know there are only five slots, and that's intentional (remember my slogan :))!

Next I'm making a totally custom message system skin.

Does anyone have a way to convert 32 bit images to 256 colors without loss of color?

-Edit-
I uploaded it as a jpeg because the bitmap was too large and the png didn't seem to be working.

-Edit 2-
None of them are working. Here's the img
newbg.bmp

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I'm gonna start working on the new message skin now!

Alright! Here's version 1.0. I'd love to hear what you think!

Kudos to rm2k3kid! I actually used his as a starting point. I first stretched it out, faded out the outline, then did some layer manipulation.

So if you guys think it's good, can I have another conversion to the right color depth? If not, what can I change to improve?

MSG-SPK.bmp

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Wow, very cool 2k3kid! Would you please tell me what program you use to do that? Please pretty please???

Edit:
I just had a (brilliant?) idea. You know the three types of system skin in pkmn? The pkball one is going to be the generic one. Here is speach and sign:
MSG-Sign.bmp

MSG-SPeak.bmp

Would you all please tell me what you think?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Wow! That is totally original DM. I'm impressed and I can't wait for the next demo of your game. Keep us updated!

Da_Green_Teddy

Emerald Ursaring
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 11, 2004
I tried the Demo and it's awesome! But, when the battle with alakazam begins, a window pops up that says "the file 'water1' cannot be opened" and then it all crashes.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I don't know if attachments still don't work, so I won't upload it here.
The file 'water1' should be in the RTP or RTP addon.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
PhotoShop 4? That must be an older version, seeing as they're up to "CS" (8) now.

But being an Adobe product, I'm sure you can't get it for less than $100 right?

That is totally original DM
That's the goal. I hope to reap the rewards of drawing everything by myself instead of ripping everything. Though many people may think it's not "Pokemon," I hope it'll give lunar something going for it that all the other games don't. Thanks for the feedback guys!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Thanks.

I just more than doubled the size of the first forest and worked a little bit more on refining my "R'hem-tokay" region. That is a tentative title ;) But I kinda like it.:P

I'm giving Lunar as much of a graphical makeover as I can to make it unique. I'm going to leave the chipsets alone though. I have to have some real pkmn elements :)

And, I'm setting up a new site as my homepage. Stay tuned for that!

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
I just noticed your inspiration for your regions name. LOL, I never noticed it before.

Hhhmmm, I wonder what you've got up your sleeve for your game. "Some real Pokemon elements" sounds intriguing. It could also mean anything, but I can't think of anything that it could be.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I just got the Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 beta. I have it for a while before it expires. It converts to 256 colors flawlessly, so that's primarily what I've been using it for. I converted all the message system gfx, and I'm working on the item menue screen right now in Paint Shop Pro and Gimp 2.

I've worked on my homepage a little bit more, and I now have PHP-Nuke somewhat set up. I have to play around with a lot more stuff before I can make it public :)

I'm gonna create a poll about the CBS. I'm not sure what to do with it. You'll see the options :)

My goal is to be as creative as possible about this, so I've been dedicating my time working on the game not to the coding (yet), but rather the gfx. I hope you'll like it!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, people usually like the pictures rather than bits of coding.
Anyway, good luck!

Back