• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Solar And Lunar Editions, Rm2k

It's official:the new CBS will be the "official" one. Should I personalize/improve it

• Yes, give it a custom flair

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • No, the standard is perfect

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    It worked fine for me. I did it on full screen too, worked perfect. Maybe you had another App running, or something of the kind.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • Well the game has alot of background objects running! It runs at normal speed on my computer! Maybe it' your computer! Anyway I hope to play it soon ;) !

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • You probably shouldn't be d/ling lunar. It's sooooo old. With games like Liquid, Hidden Depths, and other top games around, I feel like I need to work harder to keep up with the improvements. I'm glad the 3D effect is almost done so I can resume normal progress on the development.

I'm going to hold a little "unofficial" poll. Do you think I should:
    1) Have a region for one big map (may lag on some comps)
    2) Split up a region with gateway buildings (a la G/S/C)
    3) Divide all the routes/towns/cities into different maps
    What do you think?

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • Well I think you should split areas up with gateway buildings! When building maps use the chipset as much as you can then when you need to change chipsets use the gateway buildings!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • DarkMage31 said:
    I'm going to hold a little "unofficial" poll. Do you think I should:
    1) Have a region for one big map (may lag on some comps)
    2) Split up a region with gateway buildings (a la G/S/C)
    3) Divide all the routes/towns/cities into different maps
    What do you think?
    2)Split up the region with gateway buildings, forests and caves, that's what I did in Hidden Depths. You won't be able to get enough variation in tiles with one big map and mapping a whole region on one map is very difficult. And I hate in most games when you just teleport from town to route.

Happy Gilmore

Love that movie...
    Years
  • Number two would be better. That way you can have a lot more variation in your town and routes, using one chipset for every town would make it boring and plain.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Keep bringing in those votes! they're really helping me decide. I've conceptualized a way to (nearly) flawlessly transition from one map the the next. I don't know if it will work though.

Also, I FINISHED the 3D cbs effect! This final addition will blow you away, I promise! See the video to check it out :)

It's in Microsoft Video 1 codec. I'm not sure where you can get it if it doesn't work; try the Microsoft site I guess :P

EDIT: Meh, it's not attatching. I'll deal with it tomorrow. I'll give you a hint though: I rendered it myself

EDIT 2: I couldn't attatch it so I uploaded it with Yahoo! Briefcase. Let me know if this works:
    [url="https://briefcase.yahoo.com/darkmage3110"]Go to Download Site
    [/url]

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Never mind about the poll- I innovated a method of teleporting from one map the the next seamlessly to present the illusion that you never changed maps at all. It's so simple too :) You can walk from one map the the next without ever blinking :D

Anyway, download that vid and tell me what you think. I've begun implimenting KM's coding to my unique graphics. It's comming out okay- I need to fix lots of picture IDs.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    DarkMage31 said:
    Never mind about the poll- I innovated a method of teleporting from one map the the next seamlessly to present the illusion that you never changed maps at all. It's so simple too :) You can walk from one map the the next without ever blinking :D

Anyway, download that vid and tell me what you think. I've begun implimenting KM's coding to my unique graphics. It's comming out okay- I need to fix lots of picture IDs.

I came up with that along time ago. Did RM2K3kid tell you that? I came up with it along time ago... I'm surprised it took you this long to come up with it.

And oh, a video, I'll edit this when I view it.

It didn't work.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • I came up with that along time ago. Did RM2K3kid tell you that? I came up with it along time ago... I'm surprised it took you this long to come up with it.
    No, I was never told. When I was thinking about dividing the maps to reduce lag, I didn't want to detract from the "huge map" feel. I came up with how I'd do it last night while brushing my teeth and tried it this aftenoon, and it worked. I'll play your game and see how you did it and see if we did it the same way.

Oh did u use the [Hide Screen: Instantaneous]
    [Teleport: Other Map (000,145)] < Made up numbers
    [Show Screen: Instantaneous]
    Method?
    That would be too simple :P If you're going from left to right, you'd go from the right edge of the screen to the left side of the screen on the new map

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Well I understand but you can't see the edge of the map in mine. There is only an instance of lag sometimes. Then you've changed maps.
    You'll just have to wait and see when you play it.

We may have done it the same way. I did basically what you said : Instantanious, only I overlapped the maps by at least 8 tiles so you can't see the end of the map ever. There is sometimes a split second lag but not always. If your way is better, perhaps I'll use it.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • It's pretty much exactly the same :)

I guess Barry got there first. I still feel special that I thought of it myself though :)

So anyone see that vid? Should I use a different codec?

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Here's what I see:

[Image Removed by Barry] (It was pointless to keep hosted)

So in other words, I can't see it.

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well I saw it as well. I liked the hero's face moving at the start.

Back