• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Pikadance14

Mudkip Kid
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    You have to get one From D/P or Pal Park one in. Otherwise, it's a Trophy Garden Poke.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2009
    Previous Gen Pokemon in Platinum

Just curious, I know once you import a Pokemon into the pal park you can catch a lot of them in random places around Sinnoh, but what happens if you get one traded to you?
    Is there any way outside of pal park imports that you can make it possible to catch previous Gen Pokemon throughout Sinnoh?

Pingouin_7

No. You can catch those Pokémon even if you didn't Pal Park them.

Just use Pokéradar, swarms, GBA insertion, etc.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    Power anklet???

I was trying to ev train for speed, with my larvitar holding a power anklet. However, a wobbuffet appeared and I can't run away due to shadow tag. It gives 2 HP EV's, so would I get those 2 for HP and 4 for speed b/c of the power anklet? I REALLY don't want to mess up my EV's...

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    I was trying to ev train for speed, with my larvitar holding a power anklet. However, a wobbuffet appeared and I can't run away due to shadow tag. It gives 2 HP EV's, so would I get those 2 for HP and 4 for speed b/c of the power anklet? I REALLY don't want to mess up my EV's...

Turn off and do it again. First things first how come you aren't killing magikarps?? Sigh** Location Location Location.

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
    I didn't really understand Aeltrius' question, but there's only a couple of pokes you can't catch without pal parking so you can just use the pokeradar or swarms for anything else. The rest; you would need to trade or pal park.

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    Common Pokemon with good EVs:

Wobbuffet (via Pokéradar on the Lakes) - 2 HP-EVs
    Luxio (in near of the Fuego Ironworks) - 2 Atk-EVs
    Graveler (e.g. in Victory Road) - 2 Def.-EVs
    Kadabra (e.g. in Victory Road) - 2 SpAtk.-EVs
    -> Put a Pokemon with ability Synchro on 1st slot on Team, so Pokemon with the same ability appear oftener (like Kadabra).
    Magikarp (all waters) - 1 Spe.-EVs
    -> Put a Pokemon with ability Suction Cups like Octillery or Cradily on 1st slot on Team, so fishing will be a child's play.
    Tentacruel (in the lake before the Pokemon-League) - 2 SpDef-EVs

This are some really common and easy to meet Pokemon, i advise using PokéRadar, so once the wished Pokémon appears, simply defeat it, and go to the next field. Oh, and you should use the "Power"-items for +4 extra EVs.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Can you trade Pokemon with mail over wi-fi?

One of my friends has already done it with me before, so yes you can. Though of course, you cannot trade the mail if your pokemon is already holding a held item that isn't the mail. I hope this helped.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    One of my friends has already done it with me before, so yes you can. Though of course, you cannot trade the mail if your pokemon is already holding a held item that isn't the mail. I hope this helped.

Thanks! I'm making a trade thread with everything I can offer, and I really wasn't sure.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    Why would he turn it off? There is berries to remove EVs for a reason.

Um okay well that all depends on how far he has gone on his EV training and if he saved earlier. He should turn it off if he saved when he was about do start his EV training which saves berries for later uses. Besides I'm pretty sure he messed his EV training up to begin with if he was in a wilderness with wobbufets which honestly preferably it is better if you kill pokemon that give off 1 EV point which is definetly Magikarp for speed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2010
    Ok, this is going to be a really odd question, but I'm getting really frustrated so I'll ask it. I got to Giratina the 17th of May (I look at my journal entry every time I reset my game) and I have been SR ing for a shiny Giratina since that date. Sometimes I have a day off so I'll go at it pretty much ALL DAY (about 8 hours give or take) while I do things around the house or I'll go at it when I get home from work for about 4 or so hours until I go to bed. I have yet to have seen it shine even ONCE and its been 3 weeks. How unfair is that? Is this normal? I hear about how it took people like 2,000 or 200 resets and I'm probably literally going on hundreds of thousands now and my game is still not showing me any promise of a reward for it. Has this happened to anyone else? I really don't want to give up, I want it so bad : (

Back