• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

REAL Reputation Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Well... If I were to make a decision, I would disable the lowering/taking away rep point system.
    Sometimes it hurts, and why waste your time delating someone's rep points? o.o;

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Arcanine said:
    Erica did check every IP on the prez voting.
    oh, zappy and i werent sure if ips were checked :\ ok andy ^^

There are problems with multiple ips -its becoming really easy to change your ip whenever you want, or just use various different computers at school, especially with aol users :\
    But since rep isnt a very important subject compared to other selections, im sure ppl wouldnt really bother changing ip to vote ^^

Ya, definately a vote is better than a poll..not perfect but the best option we have ^^;

Nessie

The return of the star!
    Years
  • It is a very simple and pointless system to evaluate the ''reputation'' of someone, a bunch of squares given by your friends make you feel important?, is just stupid, o belive is not even necessary something like this at all.

I know, because when i was here as a active memeber, i did the same, give rep points to my hypocrit friends (whose nicks i won't say, is so obvious by now), only because are my friends, so now you know, why i say this system is pointless.

Even many of the ones that are posting about this kinda crappy system, abuse of them, PC quickly become a closed thing, only for some groups of friends, those groups do also the reputation thing.

I belive, is not even important to see people with or without reputation, so why care about have it anyway?.

If you belive my comentary is offensive, ironic or anything like that, give me bad rep points, is like the other do, and did....

<< Black square rules more!.

Flannery

~Shippings Lover~
    Years
  • I must agree with Nessie.

Some people without 10 green boxes feel just worse.
    How I said, rep points don`t say, how smart you are. They say, how popular they are. Every Member would like to be popular and every would like to have a lot of green boxes. Then they write needless posts (just a spam) because they wanna be everywhere. In every Thread. It will make them popular. One kid even said that "Maybe I wanna see, how popular I`em". Who really cares?

Nessie

The return of the star!
    Years
  • Yeah Flannery, but most than popular people, they are people that entered in this ''tiny closed group'' of people, i belive many understand my words.

PC is full of kids, and adults that act like kids (i myself act like one sometimes, on the net off course), what ethic we can talk about?, a system like this WAS more than obvious that will end in a abuse like this, is the same with other kind of powers, many others want to be mods/admins just because is some kind of ''power'' over some people, i belive, people without ethic is always there to abuse.

Is all, now you can kick me from your forums XD, LOL.

xCloudx

Lazy Guy
    Years
  • I gotta say "Wow." People know that rep don't do anything,but continue to waste their clicks. Maybe you should disable the rep,and something different. Only Staff can give User Points,Karma whatever you want to call it. People may be taking it serious that people hate them. I see the members can't control themsleves. Well some at least....

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    As far as my thoughts, i believe that if you dont agree with rep you can disable your rep, and if you like rep the enable it. Everyone basically knows when you cheat at rep -it tends to be pretty obvious when it's a close-knit group of friends just passing rep back and forth >.> but i enjoy to see the nice things ppl write -thats why i enjoy rep
    And as i've said before, if there are ppl who seem to really abuse the system, they can be reported :\

Nessie

The return of the star!
    Years
  • If we were suposed to ''report'' any ''sign of abuse'', we could start with all the people we see with more than 4 blocks? (including mods/admins etc), that would not be so good idea a guess....^^u.

God, people will hate me XD.

**people throws rotten tomatoes to NES** XD

Isaac Gravity

Supports hot-bloodedness
    Years
  • There's alot of ways you can look at this whole rep system abuse situation as well as there's many different reasons to disable or keep the that little green light which is there by default on from what I can see...

I guess preferences go into play...But I still say if it's such problem scrap the whole system even if you have the option to turn it off or not.

Last edited:

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
  • Nessie said:
    If we were suposed to ''report'' any ''sign of abuse'', we could start with all the people we see with more than 4 blocks? (including mods/admins etc), that would not be so good idea a guess....^^u.
    Err...What was that about.Nes If they start investigating all members with 4 blocks or above,I think there'll be no time for them to be online at all/.Nah!!! All Members i think deserve reps for their nice posts!

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
  • True, In fact I "had" more than four boxes but I was not a cheater at all - In fact i repeat that I have NEVER asked for rep, even though I know some people who do that even many times.

I feel the black square suits my avatar and siggy (XD) but I did not know that you can't see others' comments on posts anymore T~T *sighs* Gah! that was one of the things that make me miss rep.... u_u

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Nessie said:
    If we were suposed to ''report'' any ''sign of abuse'', we could start with all the people we see with more than 4 blocks? (including mods/admins etc), that would not be so good idea a guess....^^u.

God, people will hate me XD.

**people throws rotten tomatoes to NES** XD

O.o you think all ppl with 4 blocks are cheating? ok, now ur taking it too far >.>
    I'm talking about REAL abuse, not the difference between 1 block and 2, i mean the serious cheaters who have a lot of blocks for few posts..besides, mods, admins, and everything inbetween wouldnt cheat to get rep, or they wouldnt be staff to being with :P

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    ^I agree. Mostly because I think I am one of those "Serious cheaters" who only got their rep due to a "Group of friends" giving me rep. Not from posts, just from friendship. I guess this can be considered abuse even though it isn't hurting anyone. Yet you all have still made me feel lousy, so I am disabling my reputation system. =/

aaaaaa

I got all my rep legitimently, thank you very much.
    And I -do- get bad rep, cause there are people on here who quite deligently hate me. Yet somehow, I manage to max out on max.
    So meh ^_^

Nessie

The return of the star!
    Years
  • Well, when i said ''more than 4 blocks'' i did not mean everybody got them ''illegally'', but obviosly i see nobody ''cheat'' at all, wow we can be proud ^^ lol, no seriously, if all your ''friends'' give rep to you,is not ''cheat''??, i leave this question to the air, but i belive they will leave those rep things.... -___-u.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Rep is a system to give reputation when you think a person's post deserves it.
    Friends should only give to eachother if they think that the person's post was very good and deserves reputation, and shouldnt be given now and then just for friendship, because that defeats the object of rep :\

So just try not to keep friendship groups continually giving rep to eachother just for 'friendship'. Don't give rep unless its truly deserved ^^

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Okay…IMO, this whole rep issue isn't about the spreading of GOOD rep. The fact is the system is inherently flawed—either it's not used at all, or differently than ideal. Everyone uses rep in a different way. Some people like the blocks, or use it for playful compliments. I don't really mind that.

It's the negative rep. If people are spamming or flaming through it, then we have a problem. =\ As kind of said earlier, there's no "good" bad rep. That is someone is going to be upset if they get bad rep, either with a flame attached, or with no comment attached. That's just now negativity works. It's the outright flaming that's bad. And it's hard to crack down upon, because almost anyone who gets negative rep will call it flaming. We could disable comments, but that hinders good rep too. Hmm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back