• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K Help/Discussion/Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
CBS's aren't something that can be learned in a tutorial. Sorry. However, if you opt to make an ABS (Action Battle System) similar to Krazy_Merkat's, it may be slightly easier to learn. Just my few cents though!

And www.tripod.com and www.freewebs.com have good "website builders" for those not familiar with HTML/CSS/Java/etc.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Sorry, but I don't exactly like releasing demos to the public,
since I might stop continuing before I complete the actual thing.
Anyway, Darkmage's a skilled user of RM2K/3 so you'll probably get
it done better than me.

Years
DarkMage wasn't always a skilled user. You have to learn these things u know? i bet you could do it. just start off with something, then make it better and better...

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Hey Darkmage, I can't get into your site. It says there's an error.
Is this just me, or is there a problem with your site?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
My site or the gamingw? I'm checking my site now...

5|-||7, what happened? Be assured I'm looking into this. I don't know what happened.

Alright, here's the problem:
Please Note: You are no longer an authorized member of Tripod. You have been removed because your web site violated our Terms of Service or you chose to self-delete. For more information, click here.

|)4|\/||\|! I'm sueing Tripod!!!

rm2kjunkie04

~Criminal~
Years
hey i need chipsets for my new pokemon game "Misty Islands" if anyone has some good chipsets please post them or send them as an email... i would greatly appreciate
it and i will inculde everyone who helps me as a trainer and also i will include them in the ending credits....

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
i need another help on something but i dont think its that big problem. anyway i was re-doing my intro and i putted the enter name but the problem when i played it and whenever u pressed a letter or something nothing showing up and u cant even exit on it. Another one will be when i was doing the CMS whenever I moved the pointer or arrow the hero move as well... what will i do to make it not move only the pointer? I'm sorry i have another one i hope its not too much...how can i make the hero walk faster?

Years
Ok I can help you with a few of those, the enter hero name thing is probly because you have the wrong RPG_RT.exe, you can download my game and just copy the RPG_RT.exe file because I don't know where else to get it from... Anyway that's only if you are using RM2K, if your using 2K3 then I have no idea what's wrong..
To make your hero walk faster, use the command "Move" Then when the box thingie opens up, select "Increse Hero Speed" or somehting, this will make him move faster.

Ok umm.. I'm not sure how this next part goes because I've never done it... I think when you pop up the menu, one of the first commands should be to "Stop all movement" well that's what it's called in my version.. You should be able to find it.. Maybe someone else should explain it.......

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
Krazy_Meerkat said:
Ok I can help you with a few of those, the enter hero name thing is probly because you have the wrong RPG_RT.exe, you can download my game and just copy the RPG_RT.exe file because I don't know where else to get it from... Anyway that's only if you are using RM2K, if your using 2K3 then I have no idea what's wrong..
To make your hero walk faster, use the command "Move" Then when the box thingie opens up, select "Increse Hero Speed" or somehting, this will make him move faster.

Ok umm.. I'm not sure how this next part goes because I've never done it... I think when you pop up the menu, one of the first commands should be to "Stop all movement" well that's what it's called in my version.. You should be able to find it.. Maybe someone else should explain it.......

1.) Thanxz :) i have fixed it already :).
2.) well i tried that and whenever i start my game still walk slow.
3.) well I actually put the "stop all movement" already but its still the same :(

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I had the same problem with the moving hero with the arrow, but all of a sudden it magically went away. I think it goes away by itself when you key input and fork condition all the right keys.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
we'll i fixed the walk speed and the enter hero name thingy... now the only one left is the CMS problem.

demonstrife

I am me. That is it.
Years
How do you strt your hero guy out? you Know, like How do you say "the hero will start here" so you can test play the game? And I need a pokemart that all the pieces are on the same layer. and how do I go about making my guy go through doors? And I don't understand the Events... can you explain them? :15:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Events are pretty much what you tell the game to do, or commands. There are several way to trigger events, for example, you can trigger it if you press spacebar on it, if you step on it, if you come into collision with it, etc. There are also three levels, below hero(pass over), same level as hero (can't pass), and above hero (passes under). There are other, more advanced ways to start them (Switches/Variables/etc), but you should practice with the basics first.

To give a command, double click the <> in the white box. A list of stuff will come up. These are commands. If you want to show a dialogue, you'd hit "Show Message" and then type it in. Yay! If you want a door, hit the second tab and select "Teleport." Choose where you want to teleport to when the event is triggered and hit okay. Yay!

Get it?

Years
hey everyone, I've started work on a duplicate battle system to ruby/sapphire. I know a lot of people say it can't be done but I have already done part of it, and I have got a picture i my head of what else I am going to do. Just because somebody says u can't do it doesn't stop you from doing it. I did the reflection thing didn't i? I am about 13% complete of the battle system now and I wish there was a few more options in rm2k3. something that would be REALLY handy would be the ability to split up variables into their single letters and compile them again. also another thing which really gets on my nerves is in the message box options, you can't get it to show text and just leave it there until you tell it otherwise. There should at least be an option! is ther something I don't know about rm2k3? I thought 2k3 was meant to be a big improvement on 2k!!! they added a few more options and a different battle system WOW BIG EFFORT (scarcasm) well please tell me if I missed something new in 2k3 guys. i have to get back to work :(

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Erm, it would be pretty difficult to break variables up into their single letters because variables are numbers.

And there is a way to deal with messages. Haven't you ever read the help file?

Brief pauses are \., then there's the code for long pause, \|, then you can tell it to close the message by iteself, \^, and bunches more. If you want to the message box to stay open, just go \|\|\|\| or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back