• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K Help/Discussion/Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
If you get RPG Advocate's version, remember to get the font patch.
Or the updated RPG_RT.exe.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I downloaded the font patch before hand, so I didn't need to worry about that. I don't think it applies only to RPG Advo's though. I needed it for Miguel's 2000 translation as well...

MartynL

Game Programmer!
Years
Can anyone give me a Running tutorial not the words just what it will look like in coding.... Thanks

Oh! And i also need the face of both hero's in pokemon ruby!

Years
>DarkMage: That coding works great! Thanks ^.^
>MartynL: Do you mean to have the sprite run when you press a certain button? I don't know quite how to get it to work yet, but I'm playing around with some ideas. If it does work I can post the coding on here. ^^

Does anyone already know the code to make the sprite run?

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Go to gamingw.net. And look for the tutorial perfect running tutorial or something like that.

demonstrife

I am me. That is it.
Years
Okay, I've taken care of #2(making a web page), #3 you guys he;ped me out there...#4 on the other hand, I dont quite understand... you see, I have downloaded your game, DarkMage but I don't know where you find the Start>Run>Type in directory for RPG Maker>Paste file to chipset folder thingy.
Also, every time I try to use any Pokemon Chipsets I find, nothing happens. I'm still stuck with DragonWarrior Chipsets and stuff. I've also gat more questions...
1)Can somebody explain that Start>Run>Type in directory for RPG Maker>Paste file to chipset thing, tell me where to find it?
2)How do I put my game on my website in case anybody wants to help me out, and so that when I get done, people can download it? Like you did DarkMage (though not exactly, just to where it is on there, and I can open it from there to work on it, download it, whatever people would want and need to do that I would allow, in other words, sensible stuff.
3)What do you mean dimensions and color scheme? I mean I understand dimensions (I think) but color scheme? What is color scheme?
4)Also I'd like to know, if I get this to where it can be worked on online, would anybody like to work on it with me? (Especially if you're skilled at RM2K or RM2K3) I would really appreciate the help, because when it comes to RM2K and RM2K3, well, lets just say I'm not exactly that great.
I thank all of you for your time, and speaking of time, WHAT TIME ARE YOU GUYS ON AT?! I ussually on from 8:30 to 9:30... what about you guys?

Years
For anybody that needs ideas for names or scripts i have attached a RM2k tool, that works for both 2k and 2k3

NOTE: I did NOT make this tool, Zorn did

Years
If the zip file for the tool doesnt work just tell me and ill re-upload it, because lately some of the zip files i made wont work properly.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
MartynL>That "perfect running tutorial" is what I used in my game, except I changed it to work with the shift key.

For ripping facesets, charsets, chipsets, etc, get a rom of Ruby, an emulator to play it on, and a screenshot program (www.freewarehome.com I think). Take screens and crop them. Remember to place a solid color in the background for the transparancy!

UmbreonsShadow> "The perfect running tutorial" @ www.gamingw.net should work. I used it in my game also. When you hold down the key you run, and when you release it you revert to normal walking. It's great!

Demonstrife> Here's another method for importing chipsets, but it takes longer if you have a lot.
  1. When you find a chipset on the web you like, right click it
  2. Select "Save Picture As..."
  3. Save it anywhere you want (ex: My Documents)
  4. Open RPG Maker 2000/2003
  5. Open your game
  6. Go to the drop down menue "Tools"
  7. Select "Resource Manager"
  8. In the left column, select the folder "chipset" (They're alphabetical)
  9. Hit the button that says "Import"
  10. Go to My Documents or where ever you saved it. Open it.
  11. Click the transparent color (usually pink)
  12. It's imported! Now go to the database, create a new chipset, and open the file!
When I say color scheme, I mean the color depth. There are several:
-32 Bit (True Color)
-16 bit
-8 bit
etc.
One of the above (16-bit I think) consists of a total variety of 256 colors, whereas 32 bit has a virtually limitless range. All rm2k files must be in 256 colors. To save something already 32-bit as 256, open it as a bitmap, go to file>save as, and from the drop down menue select 256 Color Bitmap. Click save, and it's now 256 colors. However, the results may not be good. To avoid this use a program (ex: Microsoft PictureIt) can avoid this. Here's the quote from the help file:
When dithering pictures in a True Color (16.7 million colors/24 bit) environment, the colors shown after dithering may differ depending on the system environment, graphics card, etc. Using software that can adjust palettes with 15-bit precision can mitigate this problem.
What time are we on? Depends on your timezone.

And no, that zip didn't work, Avatar.

demonstrife

I am me. That is it.
Years
Thanks, and no wonder you guys are never online when I am... I'm in CST, so that might make a difference... oh well. :shocked:

Years
And no, that zip didn't work, Avatar.

I dont think theres anything wrong with that zip file, might be because i upload it that it doesnt work, that was the zip file i got from Lunatic RPG its a french site.

Ill upload it to a server then, and see if it works

Years
>DarkMage: Perfect Running tutorial... Okay, I'll look! Sounds great! I found one good one, but you have to press the button again to make it shut off. The other one sounds better!! *Goes to look for it* Thanks!
>DemonStrife: You are in CST too? Cool! But, I never know when I can get online. *pouts* Lol ^__^

Oh, I hope this isn't too much to ask or anything. But, I am still setting up the coding in my game and all, and I'm setting up each pokemon in Variables instead of Heros because you can't have as many Heros as Variables. But, it's taking alot of coding and all and I'm wondering if I'm doing it the hard way or not.
Seperate Variables: FirstPokemonType: (pokemonNumber)
FirstPokemonHP: (HPnumber)
etc etc.

So, is there an easier way then that without using the Heros/Character thingies?

Last edited:
Years
no, that's pretty much the way i did it.. I dont think you have any other option if you dont want to use the heros/character thingies.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I want to ask a question.
Should I add a system where you're allowed to change into different players?
For example, I've added May to the game. But if you want to use her pokenav,
or enter a Pokecontest, you have to change into her to compete.

Or is this just too frustrating?

And by the way, I've encoded the official battle system into my game.
(But it only uses up to the first 150 pokemon)

Years
can i test it please? i need to get an idea on how to do mine and darkmage's battle system. It would be kool to change into different players, but you should do a companion system, like where they follow you around or something..

MartynL

Game Programmer!
Years
Could someone please give me a tutorial for a CBS........... Also anyone have a website builder which i can put my demo on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back