• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shiny Johto Beast Events (Now happening on Wifi!)

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
  • I pre-ordered two days ago, the day before the event. They gave me a flyer talking about the event and Zoroark. I'm waiting for the Entei week.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Yeah... I also picked mine up, Wifi reached all the way to england...

I want them ;____; Seriously, they better announce the English released. /There better be an english date.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • I kind of cheated? :|

Not really, but I didn't know you could do this until today.

I brought all my 4th gen copies of Pokemon so I could have multiple Raikou's. Yes, I'm greedy like that.
    I went and used my cousin's DS to save time because I didn't want to stand in Gamestop for awhile just switching cartridges.

I realized that when I got the first the notification on my cousin's DS and checked the Wonder Card, it has Entei's sprite.

Of course, I was like. WOT. I thought it was a glitch, but in fact my cousin's DS was dated to Jan. 21st of 2011 which allowed me to get Entei.

I was super excited to find this out because I live quite a distance from GS and didn't want to come back just to get Entei and Suicune.

After getting 3 beasts for each of my games in the 30 minutes + of staying in Gamestop(The Gamestop employees looked at me weird), I thought about the Celebi event and wondered if it worked, and yes.. it did.

If you don't want to constantly go back and forth, I suggest you do this. Just change the DS clock time to the date of the event Pokemon you want. :D

Perriechu

Years
  • I kind of cheated? :|

Not really, but I didn't know you could do this until today.

I brought all my 4th gen copies of Pokemon so I could have multiple Raikou's. Yes, I'm greedy like that.
    I went and used my cousin's DS to save time because I didn't want to stand in Gamestop for awhile just switching cartridges.

I realized that when I got the first the notification on my cousin's DS and checked the Wonder Card, it has Entei's sprite.

Of course, I was like. WOT. I thought it was a glitch, but in fact my cousin's DS was dated to Jan. 21st of 2011 which allowed me to get Entei.

I was super excited to find this out because I live quite a distance from GS and didn't want to come back just to get Entei and Suicune.

After getting 3 beasts for each of my games in the 30 minutes + of staying in Gamestop(The Gamestop employees looked at me weird), I thought about the Celebi event and wondered if it worked, and yes.. it did.

If you don't want to constantly go back and forth, I suggest you do this. Just change the DS clock time to the date of the event Pokemon you want. :D

Thats not cheating; that's Genius :O!

/Every member of PC flocks to GS.

I now know what to do when the events comes here. <;

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Ah, that actually doesn't surprise me (well... it does because I forgot about it until now), but that's a good find. I remember one of my friends had one way or another to distrubute a past Deoxys evnt and we had to change the date on the DS' calander for it to work, so it's more they just set it up so what you get is specific to the date on your DS, rather than giving out something different each fortnight. Quite possible one could use that trick in any gamestop then, so try it out people...

...well, you Americans anyways. =p

Last edited:

twindelphine

Pokemon Meister
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    Got a 'lil question. If I receive a clone of any of the event pokemon (shiny beasts, Celebi or Ash's Pikachu) from someone, will it be legit? Will it activate special events in both HG/SS (in Celebi's case) & B/W (Zorua/Zoroark)?

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • I'm doing this.

I live like 1 mile away from 3 different gamestops, so I'm there.

I'm also doing Kitrigar's trick :)

I'm also going to soft reset for a decent nature for each beast once I recieve the gift.

Perriechu

Years
  • I'm doing this.

I live like 1 mile away from 3 different gamestops, so I'm there.

I'm also doing Kitrigar's trick :)

I'm also going to soft reset for a decent nature for each beast once I recieve the gift.

The beasts come with a set nature.

Raikou - Rash Nature. (Sp.Atk + Sp.Def -)

Suicune - Relaxed Nature. (Def + Speed -)

Entei - Adamant Nature (Atk + Sp.Atk -)

So you'll be wasting your time D;

Got a 'lil question. If I receive a clone of any of the event pokemon (shiny beasts, Celebi or Ash's Pikachu) from someone, will it be legit? Will it activate special events in both HG/SS (in Celebi's case) & B/W (Zorua/Zoroark)?

Some people consider cloned Pokemon "hacked" However there not :/ so don;t listen.

My Crown beasts are cloned and they worked in my Japanese Black, idk about the Celebi one, I think it will. No, actually it should.

Last edited:

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • The beasts come with a set nature.

Raikou - Rash Nature. (Sp.Atk + Sp.Def -)

Suicune - Relaxed Nature. (Def + Speed -)

Entei - Adamant Nature (Atk + Sp.Atk -)

So you'll be wasting your time D;

I did not know that. Still, I have HG, D, and Pt, so I can get 3 of each beast. Cool!

At least they're decent enough. Would've been better if Raikou was Modest though.

But Adamant Entie with STAB Flare Blitz? Awesome!

Last edited:

twindelphine

Pokemon Meister
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    @jab2033, do you mind a trade of one batch of the beasts? I'm already pretty close to getting the Pal Pad in my HeartGold so I'll post it as soon as I can.

@dragonomega Glad to know that. As long as they have the event tag they can activate the events.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • @jab2033, do you mind a trade of one batch of the beasts? I'm already pretty close to getting the Pal Pad in my HeartGold so I'll post it as soon as I can.

For some reason, the clock trick didn't work for me. I set my DS clock to Jan 20 which should have gotten me Entie, but I got Raikou instead. It didn't work for Suicune either.

I did get 6 Raikou, however. I'll let you know when I get the rest of the Beasts.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I'm gonna skip out on this event. I'm too lazy to go down to gamestop every week. I'll just trade someone for them. :P

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • and to Jab2033, the clock on the Gamestop DS must be set to the different dates. The date on your DS shouldn't play a factor.

That does make sense, actually.

Unfortunately, I do not have free access to the DS my store is using to distribute the beasts. They keep it behind the counter.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Do you have to have been connected by WIFI with your DS at one time or another? Cause Ive never had my DS hooked to wifi ever.

And that sucks about the clock thingy. I was gonna try to see if you could pick up pokemon of past events.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Do you have to have been connected by WIFI with your DS at one time or another? Cause Ive never had my DS hooked to wifi ever.

And that sucks about the clock thingy. I was gonna try to see if you could pick up pokemon of past events.
    No most stores have it via wireless. So just click receive via Wireless.

Back