• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
Years
  • well, actually it's MayxBrendan (most likely from the games,s eeing as they've never really intro'd brendan in the show). But Franticshipping (Which is the manga equivalent) is just as good. Canon, too, if you can believe it.
    Ah...I see. Forget what I say yesterday. I was drunk.^^
    I'm more for canon shippings... in the anime and the manga.

Minuteman III

More Boosters!
    Years
  • Оно как раз я, или смогло Latias говорить русского?

And, why the hell am I using Cyrillic?

answer-Latias might be able to speak like a human, but not necessarily English. For all I know she might have been literally saying something sexual to Ash. Get my point?
    You don't have to be a human to be a person.
    Latias kissed Ash, she has a crush on him, she acts, feels, and looks like a person, so why can't she draw a picture or speak(which I have a damn good argument against the latter!)?

Because most of you other bloddy {anti-gay slur} wouldn't let her.

No wonder why I'm so pissed off today.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years

answer-Latias might be able to speak like a human, but not necessarily English. For all I know she might have been literally saying something sexual to Ash. Get my point? Latias kissed Ash, she has a crush on him, she acts, feels, and looks like a person, so why can't she draw a picture or speak(which I have a damn good argument against the latter!)?

okay... a little rabid about the alto, are we?

Good job.

by the way, where'd that quote come from? it seems familiar... ok, I know the person who said that originally. (no, it's not me, by the way.)

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years

answer-Latias might be able to speak like a human, but not necessarily English. For all I know she might have been literally saying something sexual to Ash. Get my point?
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    Latias kissed Ash, she has a crush on him, she acts, feels, and looks like a person, so why can't she draw a picture or speak(which I have a damn good argument against the latter!)?

........... *Sigh* ........... this again.......

Let me see if I get your point. A pokemon said something sexual to a ten year old boy... and the writers of the show don't want us to know what it is. So they let this pokemon speak a language witch we do not understand... Ähmm...*shakes head* I think I don't get your point... forget about it.

Oh, I think I'm one of this 'other bloody anti-gay slur' you are talking about. Right? Thanks o__o I may be against poke/human ships but I'm damned not anti-gay! And I would never say something like that about other users here. (sometimes I want to, but I don't do it) So do me a favour and and respect that other persons have different opinions then you do.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • I'm just an outsider, but I was wondering why you all bother with shipping on this, when they're not even older. This ain't like Harry Potter, you know...the writers will never make anything as close to romance as we've seen. I'm not saying anything against these shippings, it's just...unreal, cause particularly there's one guy who comes to mind who doesn't have a single clue about it. And for any of the shippings I see, they don't even make that much sense cause we haven't seen them so much in context. Again, only one shipping comes to mind, because it is obvious from one point of view, but I won't say it.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
  • I'm just an outsider, but I was wondering why you all bother with shipping on this, when they're not even older. This ain't like Harry Potter, you know...the writers will never make anything as close to romance as we've seen. I'm not saying anything against these shippings, it's just...unreal, cause particularly there's one guy who comes to mind who doesn't have a single clue about it. And for any of the shippings I see, they don't even make that much sense cause we haven't seen them so much in context. Again, only one shipping comes to mind, because it is obvious from one point of view, but I won't say it.

cause we feel like it, i guess. you have a point, tho. like i've said, ash loves his badges more than any character on the show...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Оно как раз я, или смогло Latias говорить русского?

Quote:
    You don't have to be a human to be a person.

I object, your Honor.

Most Altoshippers don't seem to realise many insane possibilities. The relation. The life. The dates. THE KID.The social issues. I'm not saying that altoshipping is insane. I'm just saying if it becomes cannon. It wouldn't last long. You don't have to be a human to be a person, oldest trick in the book. It's human nature, plus, the thing is japanese, I don't think they beleive in this western stuffyyadda to tell the truth.

I think I took care of some. Any questions? Comments? Bashable ideas?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • If they all just grew up by now, then I wouldn't have said that. Almost every anime I've seen or heard, the characters grow up. This is the only show that doesn't, and it's been ten years. It would really keep these ships alive, if you know what I'm saying.

South Park is an exception (although not anime).

The only time Ash was ever interested in a girl was that Giselle. Only ever time. And we've seen nothing like it, nothing close to it, still. In Movie 5, when Ash was chasing Bianca/Latias it seemed like a step forward just because Ash was chasing her. But other than that, there really isn't much there to balance out the ships that go with him, it's all more or less coming from the female point of view.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
  • I object, your Honor.

Most Altoshippers don't seem to realise many insane possibilities. The relation. The life. The dates. THE KID.The social issues. I'm not saying that altoshipping is insane. I'm just saying if it becomes cannon. It wouldn't last long. You don't have to be a human to be a person, oldest trick in the book. It's human nature, plus, the thing is japanese, I don't think they beleive in this western stuffyyadda to tell the truth.

I think I took care of some. Any questions? Comments? Bashable ideas?
    I don't get what you're saying for the most part, but I caught something about a kid? Many couples don't have kids and they could always adopt. ;/

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years
  • I'm just an outsider, but I was wondering why you all bother with shipping on this
    because this are the shipping debates.^^
    I'm not saying anything against these shippings, it's just...unreal
    Pokemon is general unreal. We are discussing unreal shippings in an unreal show.
    But other than that, there really isn't much there to balance out the ships that go with him, it's all more or less coming from the female point of view.
    Jep, because Ash is to objectophile with his badges. *Singh* He's such a noob sometimes. Poor Misty.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • ValentineUmbreon said:
    because this are the shipping debates.

Yeah, I know, it's just these crazy names I'm seeing. Like you're all getting really into it when we know they won't make a big deal out of it. Not saying that we have no right to fantasize.

Pokemon is general unreal. We are discussing unreal shippings in an unreal show.

Well, we can say that to any fiction. What I mean is that Pokemon in particular won't go in that direction. Now if it followed the manga parallel, I wouldn't be talking.

Jep, because Ash is to objectophile with his badges. *Singh* He's such a noob sometimes. Poor Misty.

That's the thing. People, boys like Ash Ketchum won't realize what hit him. I just saw a Battle Frontier episode about his Grovyle and its feelings for a Meganium, and he's still clueless about it all. Makes me want to slap him. Seriously. If he's maturing in every other department, why not this one. Come on now. Even Gary is ahead of him. Even Max is ahead of him, and he's only what, seven? Five?

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years
  • IkazuriShipping, FarawayShipping, MausmiShipping.
    Ack, keep it away! Mausumishipping is pedo. There are lots of crazy shippings... like Bouldershipping, Daddyshipping, Navigatorshipping, Petalburgshipping, Respectshipping or Lilacshipping. Sometimes I ask myself if there are really people who support these things.
    Now if it followed the manga parallel, I wouldn't be talking.
    Oh, I wish it would do. But there are lots of crazy ships for the manga too.
    That's the thing. People, boys like Ash Ketchum won't realize what hit him. I just saw a Battle Frontier episode about his Grovyle and its feelings for a Meganium, and he's still clueless about it all. Makes me want to slap him. Seriously. If he's maturing in every other department, why not this one. Come on now. Even Gary is ahead of him. Even Max is ahead of him, and he's only what, seven? Five?
    EVERYONE is ahead of Ash. I wish pokemon would be a little bit more shippy. I grow up with this show and I'm still watching it but it just don't change in anyway. Not in age...not in shipping... but what should I do? I'm a fan of it.^^

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • ValentineUmbreon said:
    Oh, I wish it would do. But there are lots of crazy ships for the manga too.

But at least Red isn't as dumb as Ash is, right? At least you can tell from both sides of the ship.

EVERYONE is ahead of Ash. I wish pokemon would be a little bit more shippy. I grow up with this show and I'm still watching it but it just don't change in anyway. Not in age...not in shipping... but what should I do? I'm a fan of it.^^

I just wish Pokemon would show grown up characters. They've been through four regions. In what, a month? Week? It just can't be that time has no importance in the show. I mean , again, I like the maturity I see, but a main character who lacks something...essential...it's not pleasing. Any ship based around Ash is really based around the person that loves him, not with Ash in the equation. We just put him in there cause of such and such, etc.

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years
  • But at least Red isn't as dumb as Ash is, right? At least you can tell from both sides of the ship.
    Right, absolute right. Red even have the chance to get a ship from his point of view like mangapokeshipping or specialshipping... And he even has some interest in girls sometimes. Red, I luff you baby!^^
    Any ship based around Ash is really based around the person that loves him, not with Ash in the equation. We just put him in there cause of such and such, etc.
    You'r right again. We put him in Altoshipping, Advanceshipping, Pearlshipping... I think Ash get's a ship with every living person in the show... And I 'only' put him in pokeshipping. I know that Ash had no interest in loving a girl, but, ce' mon, I'm god damned romantic. I love every pokeshipping hint, even the 4kids made. I love them surfing around with lapras watching the sunsed, I love the second movie and all this 'on the road together ' stuff. Call me old school if you want but this is just my shipping way of being a poke-fan...^^

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    You'r right again. We put him in Altoshipping, Advanceshipping, Pearlshipping... I think Ash get's a ship with every living person in the show... And I 'only' put him in pokeshipping. I know that Ash had no interest in loving a girl, but, ce' mon, I'm god damned romantic. I love every pokeshipping hint, even the 4kids made. I love them surfing around with lapras watching the sunsed, I love the second movie and all this 'on the road together ' stuff. Call me old school if you want but this is just my shipping way of being a poke-fan...^^

I'm starting to understand the interest in that now. Tbh, I jump ships a LOT but I used to oppose and avoid PokeShipping like the plague, since personally, I just couldn't stand Misty. But I have to agree, out of all of the supposed ships Ash could have, I admit PokeShipping being the most probable, mainly because of her reactions to whenever Ash hit it off with another girl and just their relationship in general.

It's funny how in the second movie she gets so riled up when Melody gives him a peck on the cheek and tries, although unconvincingly, to deny not being his 'girlfriend' when they set off to help him. Seeing stuff like that at first glance makes me accept it as canon, which I then have to fight off with my AltoShip/KissShippy-ness. >>;

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
  • Ash sometimes understands romance. Gisellse, remember?

He won't hook up with May, that's for sure, the writers seem bent on Contestshipping. Dawn is unlikely too, because of Kenny. Misty was there first so if they ever do put him with anyone it will be her.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • ValentineUmbreon said:
    I love every pokeshipping hint, even the 4kids made. I love them surfing around with lapras watching the sunsed, I love the second movie and all this 'on the road together ' stuff. Call me old school if you want but this is just my shipping way of being a poke-fan...^^

Yet I see all this through Misty, and the writers who are just messing with us.

shedinjask said:
    Ash sometimes understands romance. Gisellse, remember?

Sometimes? Maybe just that second.That's the only one time you ever see it. And it's never mentioned or happens again. Not even in the same episode. I guess the writers took the other direction and decided not let him have any romance at all, but leave it to Brock instead.

Sorry if I'm being hard, but recently I'm watching the BF episodes (finally) and once PUSA took over, they did heck of a job showing Ash in his typical personality. First his Grovyle's crush on that Meganium, then Anabel, who had a crush on Ash. When was the last time we saw something like that? And don't answer Misty, Melody(?), or Latias(?). I don't count the other two because they're only in the movies, and not sticking with the anime. I haven't seen anyone else who had a crush on him, apart from those three.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. It just upsets me that after all this talk of how the characters mature and stuff, you're all missing the main protagonist here. He's missing one key element here! (Don't make me go into HP lore...bleh)

Haruka Ketchum

♥advanceshipper♥
    Years
  • What would ash and drew answer if a society wants to share may for both of them?

It means that they want them to share may so they don't have to fight for may....

If your ash and drew what are you gonna answer?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back