• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Did anyone even pay attention to my last post?! (LOL)

I'd like to apply for the job, haha!

In your dreams! LOL.

May I Join?

Favorite Dragons? Flygon, Dratina and Dragonair
    Should Garchomp and/or Salamence be Uber? No I really don't care for either of those two dragons really.
    Lance or Clair? Clair
    Which Dragon looks best Shiny? Flygon
    Giratina: 'Origin' Form or 'Another' Form? original {Origin}
    Whats your Dragon Team? Flygon, Dragonair, Altaria, Latias, Charizard, Latios
    Should Tyranitar be a Dragon? YES
    What is your favorite legendary Dragon? Rayquaza

Welcome, hope you have a good stay here.

Manga was written...well, D/P was mostly written before Arceus. Later parts of the arc were written post-Arceus. I.e. Hg/Ss
    Spoiler:

As for that statue...can you not tell by the pictures that it resembles both Dialga and Palkia in the games as well?

Yeah...not gone yet...I'll leave when my imaginary advent calendar runs out of chocolates (they've all sold out :( ) (December 24th, in case you've never had a proper advent calendar)

Shame, you're leaving on Christmas eve....:'(
    I agree with...whoever is saying that they AREN'T Palgia or something, i think gamefreak never came with this idea, i mean, on diamond it's Dialga and Pearl it's Palkia, obvious difference in shape, and what does this have to do with Arceus?

Wait what does Arceus have to do with this again???
    yes, what?

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    I'm with dragoniteuser this time. However, I have three theories about that statue:

1- dragoniteuser's theory: It is a representation of a mix between Dialga and Palkia. In Platinum BOTH descritions are found in the game at the Team Galactic HQ and a man in Eterna City will tell you what is said on them (although he says the incomplete versions found in DP). That means that the plaque contained both description (sorry tkallab, your quotes actually prove dragoniteuser's theory).

2. A mix between tkallab and dragoniteuser's theories: The statues used to represent Palkia in Pearl and Dialga in Diamond. However, when they were making Platinum, they decided that that statue represented both Dialga and Palkia.

3. The short (AKA the sceptical-and-boring) theory: The developers were lazy. Instead of using a statue representing the respective mascot of each game, they just used a neutral statue that would represent the mascot of the game.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    Did anyone even pay attention to my last post?! (LOL)

Barely, there was nothin on-topic in there. Trollface.jpg

I agree with...whoever is saying that they AREN'T Palgia or something, i think gamefreak never came with this idea, i mean, on diamond it's Dialga and Pearl it's Palkia, obvious difference in shape, and what does this have to do with Arceus?

Well, the statues look exactly the same... (And I think the fandom calls him Dialkia.) Why Arceus is involved: I was thinking they might have put a statue of 'the most powerful being' in Eterna City, and they couldn't use Arceus because he wasn't officially revealed.
    I still don't think it's possible that the versions have two different descriptions even though the statue is the same.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Alright guys, I've come to a decision. From here on, tkallab is going to be the new Co-Owner. Congrats!

(yes, this actually did take some time to figure out, I had to read through a lot of this thread -_-)

tkallab

Years
    I think I shouldn't be the new co-owner until Amore is gone, actually. You're still here until Christmas, right Amore?

Silhouette

Years
    Well, we were actually talking about getting a new co-owner a while back. Nothing wrong with having more than one co-owner. Helps me out since I'm never on.

EDIT: Unless you prefer not to be co-owner until Amore is gone.

tkallab

Years
    I'll wait until Amore is gone, I think. I don't exactly know why, but I feel like it's the right thing to do, for some reason.

Also, I posted in this thread some time ago. I'm wondering if you guys agree with my statement here:
    tkallab said:
    I think I'm speaking for the most active members if not for the majority of the Dragon's Den if I say that we consider the group not a fanclub of the Dragon type, but just Dragon Pokémon. Coincidentally, most Pokémon we think are Dragons have the Dragon type, and while a Pokémon being Dragon-typed is a very heavy argument for a Pokémon being a Dragon, it's not definite proof of it. We take moves, breeding groups and above all looks and origins in account when deciding what Pokémon are Dragons.

Because I would really hate it if I was (kind of) representing the Dragon's Den and saying something no one agrees with.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I'll wait until Amore is gone, I think. I don't exactly know why, but I feel like it's the right thing to do, for some reason.

Also, I posted in this thread some time ago. I'm wondering if you guys agree with my statement here:

Because I would really hate it if I was (kind of) representing the Dragon's Den and saying something no one agrees with.
    Just saying, sorry if the den disliked being set as an example. I was just confused by groups that say that their a <Pokemon>-type, then remove Pokemon of that type. :s I can understand if this is a club that includes Pokemon that seem like dragons though. Anyway, I'm no longer confused and don't care about a few other groups, so I'm not really going to bother posting in that thread. So no one really needs to waste their time.

Also, sorry for being inactive here (or pretty much any group I'm in) lately, been busy with other stuff.

Bhonjo

Sage Mode
    Years
    am i still a member here???i think i'm a member from the previous dragon's den v.2 or v.3.. i forgot what version .. i visited this site since.. 2007 i think...

Last edited:

Silhouette

Years

No, I agree with the statement. Nice way to be representin'. ;D
    Just saying, sorry if the den disliked being set as an example. I was just confused by groups that say that their a <Pokemon>-type, then remove Pokemon of that type. :s I can understand if this is a club that includes Pokemon that seem like dragons though. Anyway, I'm no longer confused and don't care about a few other groups, so I'm not really going to bother posting in that thread. So no one really needs to waste their time.

Also, sorry for being inactive here (or pretty much any group I'm in) lately, been busy with other stuff.
    Eh, it's cool. Don't worry about it.
    am i still a member here???i think i'm a member from the previous dragon's den v.2 or v.3.. i forgot what version .. i visited this site since.. 2007 i think...
    Well, we had to seriously revamp this thread, since the previous owner abandoned ship. But there's nothing stopping you from re-joining.

tkallab

Years
    Darn, this place is kind of getting inactive... New topic?

If you could turn one non-legendary into a legendary, which one would it be?
    For me, it would be Dragonair. Just because it looks so majestic and all-knowing.

Years
    If you could turn one non-legendary into a legendary, which one would it be?
    Salamence. This Pokemon actually looks like a legendary to me. XD I would really love it if Salamence were a legendary. It has pretty high stats as well. :D

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Tkallab...I'd prefer it if you started co-owning now, personally.

And yeah, I think I suggested another co-owner as far back as early November...it's not a new idea. Still, I'll add Bhonjo to my post...and I'll list myself as "Semi-retired", as I'll still keep a members list if you want (seeing as my post's at the top).

Changing non-legendaries into legendaries

I'd turn Gyarados into a legendary, as it appears in history, both mythical and factual...but then again, I like how you can get a dragon if you have the patience to train a Magikarp...

So, personally won't change any of them...

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
    Years
    Sorry for my extreme amount of innactivity... I have only really had enough time to check my VM's, and my subscription to thread got cancelled, so I don't know what's going on, except for the most recent topic. Sorry again, hope I haven't been kicked out :(

on topic: Ima gonna have to say... Umm... None, for this reason: almost every legendary from the R/S/E era have been dragon, psycic or both. We need no more legendaries of those typings.

tkallab

Years
    I do think Dragons a are the best fit to be legendaries, simply because we consider them as legendary in real life too. At least I do.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Well let's see, what dragon pokemon is the strongest, and faints all other pokemon just by looking epic...? LOL
    I'm kidding, i don't like legendaries, so i wouldn't make Dragonite one!
    But, Kingdra perhaps...?

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
    Well let's see, what dragon pokemon is the strongest, and faints all other pokemon just by looking epic...? LOL
    I'm kidding, i don't like legendaries, so i wouldn't make Dragonite one!
    But, Kingdra perhaps...?

I don't know about Kingdra now, I mean, having a powerful Pokemon and having it being non-legendary is truly great. But having a legendary like Kingdra kinda takes away the epicness of it.. </3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back