• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The new and improved Hoenn Dex! Now with 20% more awesomeness :33

Years
  • The design is cute, but after thinking about it wouldn't be surprised if they threw Eevee into the mix here. Was such a missed presence, would make a lot of sense. If that does happen, I might use Glaceon, because May did in the anime 8)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The design is cute, but after thinking about it wouldn't be surprised if they threw Eevee into the mix here. Was such a missed presence, would make a lot of sense. If that does happen, I might use Glaceon, because May did in the anime 8)

It certainly would. But I get the feeling it'll end up like the Pichu line in B2W2's Unova dex :(

Years
  • Flabebe with tropical flowers?
    Maybe they'll add in Shellos as it was meant to be a Hoenn Pokémon.

Ah yes that time where Shellos and Gastrodon were in the beta version, only for them to be cut and then reappear with a slightly different design in Diamond & Pearl. Flabebe is an interesting choice there because X/Y introduced grass with flowers in it (and the Flabebe form encountered differed with the color of the flowers in the grass) but then again I don't know which parts of Hoenn would suit the flowery grass patches.

On the other hand, if the 4th Gen evos and pre-evos are included, which they are likely to be following the reveal of Phoebe having a Dusknoir, I could see this to be the likely new Hoenn Dex:

Spoiler:

So yeah, 211 Pokemon all up there if this is anything to go by.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I'm sure it will be more than 211, they will add some more fairy pokemons to it, since theres only Ralts, Azurill and Igglybuff line with Mawile on it. I could see Flabébé and maybe Cottonee being added.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I don't see Cottonee to be honest, really, most probs coz it got Grass/Fairy and not Bellossom, but maybe they could throw it in the mix. As far as Flabebe with tropical flowers, I guess it could happen. Maybe we could get AZ's Floette in the mix? wink wink ;)

Years
  • I'm sure it will be more than 211, they will add some more fairy pokemons to it, since theres only Ralts, Azurill and Igglybuff line with Mawile on it. I could see Flabébé and maybe Cottonee being added.

The original Hoenn dex kept ghost low (even leaving out two existing lines out of the dex which would've helped Phoebe) so perhaps they'll leave out fairies too. Besides it's not like there's a Fairy expert in Hoenn.

Years
  • True, but I'm pretty sure they will add more Fairies, coz it's a new type, unlike Ghost.

They didn't add dark types to the FrLG even though it lacked them completely. Actually they didn't even edit that one xD. Still I don't think that simply because it's a new type they should add more. If they really wanted more Fairies for Hoenn they would've turned Skitty into one, it should've been part Fairy at least >_<.

Salzorrah

Years
  • True. Maybe they could release a new wave of Fairy retcons? Release a patch for XY for it? I doubt that's gonna happen tho haha.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Why wouldn't they have changed the Pokemon's types to Fairy beforehand? It only creates more work for the company and it's not as if the Fairy-type really has anything special to do with Hoenn anyway, so adding new Fairies wouldn't mean anything.

I also don't see why 4th-gen evolutions wouldn't be added, either, and why Phoebe having a Dusknoir is something they need to announce instead of it being.. implied. I mean, she's an Elite Four member, she's supposed to have the strongest, meaning the final evolution.

Years
  • Why wouldn't they have changed the Pokemon's types to Fairy beforehand? It only creates more work for the company and it's not as if the Fairy-type really has anything special to do with Hoenn anyway, so adding new Fairies wouldn't mean anything.

I also don't see why 4th-gen evolutions wouldn't be added, either, and why Phoebe having a Dusknoir is something they need to announce instead of it being.. implied. I mean, she's an Elite Four member, she's supposed to have the strongest, meaning the final evolution.
    They showed all their aces so it was less of them announcing it and simply showing them next to their trainer.

Maybe they'll give Delcatty a mega that's part Fairy if they really want us to get more Fairies.

Salzorrah

Years
  • Or a Mega Bellossom that's part-Fairy. /shot

But yeah, there are a lot of Pokemon that seems to be eligible for a Fairy Mega.

Years
  • If they wanted to change their types to Fairy, I think they would've for X and Y - there's no logical reason as to why they would wait until another game to give them the new typing. Only way existing Pokemon could get the type now is if they receive a new Mega evolution that transforms it into a Fairy type. d:

Years
  • If they wanted to change their types to Fairy, I think they would've for X and Y - there's no logical reason as to why they would wait until another game to give them the new typing. Only way existing Pokemon could get the type now is if they receive a new Mega evolution that transforms it into a Fairy type. d:

Especially since they already made several Hoenn dex Pokemon Fairies in XY. Yeah, we have to wait for Megas with a Fairy add on ^_^.

Something I've been thinking of is what if GF added the Gen I-II Pokemon to these games. According to Bulbapedia they have Hoenn dex (RSE dex) numbers but that were never used in the games. However I think those numbers may have been a reference to how GSC's 'New Dex' worked.

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
  • I think its most-likely to go with the way it did in HGSS, which had the original 251 pokemon, however expanded to include new evolutions, I'm sure this will be the case with ORAS.

Years
  • You know if they do have the 300~ Pokémon from generation I-III like I brought up earlier it'll be quite large, almost to the size of the unified Kalos dex. I doubt they include all those, but it would probably satisfy those calling for more. Plus the original Hoenn dex had 2/3 of those...

Years
  • You mean those ONLY Found in the Friend Safari right? I think they'll very available at some point the games, not sure if they'll add them all though.

Back