• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Let me say now that I don't think it's actually going to be called Pokémon Grey Version.
    Considering the Black and White names were based off of Yin and Yang, I believe Grey would not suit the theme.
    Just saying.
    Hopefully Chrome, but I'm still going to call it Grey until they reveal its name.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well I read somewhere that the color Yellow represents Wuji but since that's taken...(that explains Kyurem's eyes and yellow in his forehead).I'm hoping that it's the third version, it is said to be one game so it's proably not the remakes unless it's an Emerald remake...Also it's not too early for Bw to come out, remember fall 2012 marks the two year anniversity in japan ( Platinum came out around the same period compared to DP).

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Grey seems more likelu but it dosent sound that cool. Chrome would make the game sound a bit more interesting. Or maybe it could be like Pokemon Transfuse or Fusion when all the dragons fuse togethor

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    The 15th movie plot tells that Kyurem and the Swordsmen; Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion battled in the mine in the mountain in the past, which created an Ice Dragon Gate in the process of battle so they could battle on the other side. However, now it's in the present, Kyurem appears again and the Swordsmen are back, ready to do battle with it.

Like distortion world in platinum,
    I think the Ice dragon gate would make an appearance in Grey.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Another one eh? I don't think that would be very original imo, but I suppose it could happen. I'd actually like it if they made Unova a lot more bigger in the third game, if it was on the 3DS then I'm sure it would be able to support it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    They said that there will be a surprise announcement related to Pokemon in Jump festa, then they announced that they will reveal a new Pokemon game in January.
    I really hope it's a main Pokemon game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    'kay well now we all know this, let's move back to speculation of our eventual Grey! :) or whatever name it is.

How abouttttt... a new evil team in the third game now that N/Ghetsis left, or even a new leader of Plasma?

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    The new game has been announced.
    I meant I hope they reveal a new main game in January in Corocoro.

'kay well now we all know this, let's move back to speculation of our eventual Grey! :) or whatever name it is.

How abouttttt... a new evil team in the third game now that N/Ghetsis left, or even a new leader of Plasma?
    Maybe they will add a new character like Charon in Platinum.

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • It's been awhile since I was last active in this thread, but I need to check up on here to see what's been going on :O

Grey is too predictable, nontheless there's always a chance.
    A very small chance, but yes I highly agree with you on this. In the past they've been known to pull our leg with the 3rd game name. Emerald was a lucky guess. But Crystal and Platinum threw us off a bit. But it just expands that "anything can happen" But I will be disappointed if the 3rd game will be called "Gray/Grey."

Still, I think they should add a little bit more Sprite changes. Kinda like how they did in every New Games (IMO).
    Sprite changes are one of my favorite features in the 3rd game :D There should be a sprite change for every season. Platinum kind of experimented with the winter outfit. I loved how they considered the environment for that. Why not do the same for the Unova region? I think that would be a great idea.

What if the third game was based on Genesect. I have no idea how the story would work but god it would be way better than Kyreum. Also does anyone think the third game will introduce some new formes? What pokemon will get one?
    Not so sure how this would tie directly into the storyline, but I might have a few guesses on how it could represent the game name wise. Since it was enhanced by Team Plasma and is the only pokemon that can know Techno Blast, I was thinking it could tie in with one of the radioactive elements such as Radon (reddish-purplish color). Then again Team Plasma didn't say what exactly they used to enhance Genesect, but Team Plasma ("Plasma") would make it seem that they used some sort of radioactive element to do this. It's just a thought, I can't really see this being part of the main story. Maybe an after story of some sort.

Well the pattern is corrupt at the moment because the difference between RG & FRLG is 8 years, then GS and HGSS is 10 years so we can't really base it on that.. it could be 11 years, 12.. who knows. Also, Emerald came AFTER FRLG but Platinum came BEFORE HGSS.
    I think Junichi Masuda was pulling our leg when he posted on Twitter "We weren't going to do a Ruby/Sapphire remake, but we'll consider it." I bet they had this planned for years but just typed that to "spark interests" xDD That's just my guess lol. But for the timeline, well anything goes since there's no specific pattern. If I could guess a time frame for that to be released it would be sometime in 2013, even though Hoenn's anniversary is in 2012. Then for the 3rd installment release day........well it's hard to say. I want it to be after the Hoenn remake (follow the FR/LG/E pattern). It's just really hard to tell at this point.

For the name speculation, I'm still sticking with my Zircon idea from months ago. Kyurem of course will be the mascot of the 3rd game, but Grey....it's just not working for me. Zircon can appear colorless hence Kyurem since Grey is kind of colorless? I was told once that Grey isn't a true color, but it's still there. Meh, I had a lot more on the speculation of the name but it just flew out the window.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    The name for third game will be most probably Gray. It rather won't be Chrome or Zircon.

Check out phonetic transcriptions for japanese colors' names:

White: 白 - Shiro. It can be heard in Reshiram's name. (without "re" and last "m").
    Black : 黒 - Kuro. It can be heard in Zekrom's name (Zek(u)rom). (without "ze" and last "m").

Gray: グレー - Gure. It sounds kinda like Kyurem. (without last "m").

Chrome: クロム - Kuromu: It's too much similar to Kuro which means black.
    Zircon: ジルコン - Jirukon. That sounds completely unrelated to anything.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    The name for third game will be most probably Gray. It rather won't be Chrome or Zircon.

Check out phonetic transcriptions for japanese colors' names:

White: 白 - Shiro. It can be heard in Reshiram's name.
    Black : 黒 - Kuro. It can be heard in Zekrom's name (Zek(u)rom).

Gray: グレー - Gurē. It sounds kinda like Kyurem.

Chrome: クロム - Kuromu: It's too much similar to Kuro which means black.
    Zircon: ジルコン - Jirukon. That sounds completely unrelated to anything.
    Kyuremu (Kyurem) is similar to the name Kuromu more than Gurē.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Kyuremu (Kyurem) is similar to the name Kuromu more than Gurē.

I forgot to write about letters "m" at the end of their names. I added it now to previous post.
    Notice that all three of those dragons have "m" added at the end of the name. So if Kyurem is read without that "m" it sounds "Kure" which is similar to Gure(gray).

I put "Zekrom" into japanese reader and it reads "zekuromu". It's almost the same like kuromu. So it looks like Chrome is more similar to Black.

You can check that page and see (or rather hear) for yourself: www.text-to-speech.imtranslator.net/ (of course you must switch it to japanese). Type simple gure instead of gurē (it doesn't read "ē" properly I think).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Some people say it's going to be called Crimson, I wonder why, do they think landorus is the mascot?

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Lol Landorus wouldn't be for Crimson he would be for Brown.

But I want Plasma Admins in Grey. N and Ghetsis were nowhere near enough.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back