• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wallace? Or Steven?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Steven by far. He had much more diversity in his team compared to Wallace, and he seemed more fitting for the role. I didn't like the fact that he was demoted in Emerald, so I'd at least hope he is the champ in these games.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Steven by far. He had much more diversity in his team compared to Wallace, and he seemed more fitting for the role. I didn't like the fact that he was demoted in Emerald, so I'd at least hope he is the champ in these games.
    I also enjoyed his diversity but I'd prefer he stick to either Steel-type or fossils as his team centralization instead of both.

hey guys what about the events in kyogre groudon face off is like from emerald where you will talk to wallace and go to rayquaza and then the fight stop and then you are surprised that wallace is the gym leader and steven is the champ. i hope groudon and kyogre will activate their mega evo in their own and then rayquaza stops them from fighting (battle frontier is present too!) maybe rayquaza is uncatchable (i hope not)

my suggestion only...

Maybe Wallace will be made into the champ to make up for his absence in HGSS where all champions appeared. You know though...he was the champion at the PWT...so he'll have to be the champion at one point...

well lets say this remake is in the past and hgss is like from the future. right? :) so steven will be the champ maybe.... but p.s i'm used to emerald

Years
  • I felt like when they made Wallace the champion in Emerald, it was a last minute decision by the game-development team at Nintendo in order to add more flair to Emerald, with no actual purpose until later on. That said, I think Steven should be the champion in the remakes, and have Wallace return as the final gym leader.

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Apr 4, 2022
    Steven. He was so much harder and cooler. Wallace should stick as a Gym Leader or something related with Pokémon Contests. Or maybe the Mega Evolution guy.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • well lets say this remake is in the past and hgss is like from the future. right? :) so steven will be the champ maybe.... but p.s i'm used to emerald

Steven calls himself the champion in HGSS, so he may be the champions in these games. Then again the champs of all regions still call themselves champions after losing to us...

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Steven calls himself the champion in HGSS, so he may be the champions in these games. Then again the champs of all regions still call themselves champions after losing to us...
    When do the events of HGSS happen in relation to FRLG? Because FRLG and RSE occur at the same time... he might've been champion at that point in the timeline.

Years
  • When do the events of HGSS happen in relation to FRLG? Because FRLG and RSE occur at the same time... he might've been champion at that point in the timeline.

Irc in game they say it's two years. Sinnoh is also two years later. It could've also been three...

That's what was so weird about Wallace being the champion in Emerald...it almost made it feel like Emerald was a sequel to RS, yet not really. Hey maybe they'll pull another Emerald here to please those who wanted sequels...

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Irc in game they say it's two years. Sinnoh is also two years later. It could've also been three...

That's what was so weird about Wallace being the champion in Emerald...it almost made it feel like Emerald was a sequel to RS, yet not really. Hey maybe they'll pull another Emerald here to please those who wanted sequels...
    I doubt it because that would mean not incorporating as many Emerald-introduced thingies and that'd be a huge downer. But yeah, the timelines are all askew when it comes to Wallace and Steven's championship so hopefully it'll be cleared up in ORAS.

Irc in game they say it's two years. Sinnoh is also two years later. It could've also been three...

well what if they just follow the emerald events but its r/s?

Rayquaza2016

Hardcore Hydreigon Fan
    Years
  • I want Steven back. With a Mega Metagross >:)

Steven is way harder than Wallace.

Steven is cool too.

Downside is, if it happens, it's gonna be real hard.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I think it'll be Steven. They typically tend to ignore elements from the third installment in remakes, with the exception of Crystal, which just had ADDITIONAL content that didn't replace anything significant and only benefited the story. He's the classic champion, so I expect he'll make his return again.

Years
  • I think it'll be Steven. They typically tend to ignore elements from the third installment in remakes, with the exception of Crystal, which just had ADDITIONAL content that didn't replace anything significant and only benefited the story. He's the classic champion, so I expect he'll make his return again.
    Actually they put in stuff from Blue into the Red and Green remakes. Remember Blue is the real third version in Japan. They changed which pokemon appear and the catch rate irc.

They'll proably add in some elements from Emerald too.

Sushimmi

Transformice <3
    Years
  • How about:
    After defeating Steven, going into the hall of fame, all that stuff, and when you come out you see Wally in the room panting, demanding to see the champion. Because your rival and Birch obviously isnt.
    He will have a sixth pokemon he caught in VR and you two will fight, full health.

Much like fighting Green in gen 1...Your first job as the champion!

Years
  • They'll proably add in some elements from Emerald too.

Fighting Steven post-game was a tough challenge, but I still think he fits better as the Champion of the Pokemon League. Wallace can easily fill the spot that Steven undertook in Emerald, and Juan can be the 8th gym leader, or swap the two. They could even do something like in Unova where you have another boss fight right after defeating the champion.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Fighting Steven post-game was a tough challenge, but I still think he fits better as the Champion of the Pokemon League. Wallace can easily fill the spot that Steven undertook in Emerald, and Juan can be the 8th gym leader, or swap the two. They could even do something like in Unova where you have another boss fight right after defeating the champion.

They could add Wallace as a Contest Boss while Steven is the champion. I kinda hate how we have two Water League trainers so I hope that is fixed in ORAS.

Years
  • Fighting Steven post-game was a tough challenge, but I still think he fits better as the Champion of the Pokemon League. Wallace can easily fill the spot that Steven undertook in Emerald, and Juan can be the 8th gym leader, or swap the two. They could even do something like in Unova where you have another boss fight right after defeating the champion.

I had once said that maybe it could be a double battle but battling the two in a row plus the E4 sounds like a challenge too. The second one could wipe out our Pokemon, especially if there is no pause to heal them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back