• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
Years
blessed_pork_by_psychorror-d3086na.jpg

I call him MISTER PIG.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Online now
I ordered the Japanese White version and on it I picked Mijumaru/Oshawott and I just picked up my US Black version and got Snivy.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I don't know why everybody bothered to choose Snivy, since it was the hardest to start with. Anyways, I chose Oshawott, and the reason to this is basically because I thought it was the easiest to start with. I don't care about its looks. Yes, Oshawott looked REALLY ugly, but it's good to start with.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2011
I've got Snivy, but then I traded the other two from two Pokemon White games.
In that way, I'm gonna get 1 Reshiram from my Black and 2 Zekrom from the White ones!

EDIT: Also, I have a friend of mine that does events for all Pokemon games, so now I have 3 Victini shiny lv.5 lulz

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
Snivy cuz it has the best looking evolutions, the best stats, but sadly the worst moveset T^T
on another note to the beginners, i have to laugh at how Tepig is the least picked beginner XD guess im not the only one who finds fire/fighting to have gotten VERY old after 3generations

Years
I chose Tepig, because it has the best looking final evolution and reminds me of Ganon, which is just awesome.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Last night got all three like I intended on White. Started off with Tepig, then Siggy was giving away Snivy's so I took one, then got Fabio to help me trade an Oshawott from my Black version to White. :) Probs going to breed Snivy myself so I can have one with my OT. XD And Oshawott idc, it has the same player name as me.

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Tepig.
I don't know why, but I choose Tepig.

Tarhalainen

Calamitous demon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 22, 2011
I chose Tepig, just because i wanted to get Pansage faster^^ I don't use my Tepig. It's ugly and I hate it. And I don't like fire pokemons anyway <___>

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
Years
I was going to pick Oshawott from the start, but for some unknown reason I decided that I would pick Tepig and now I hate him, he's sooooo annoying and has a ugly evolution line. So when I get Black I'm going to get an Oshawott for definite.

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
Picked Snivy because it is the fastest of the starters and I hate attacking last in the round :P

Years
I chose Tepig. I chose Tepig because I like fire types, I found him to be pretty cool and the other two starters looked weird... All three of them look weird actualy.

Back