• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    Befriending Players With Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

So I added someone who plays Pokemon OmegaRuby or AlphaSapphire and I wonder if I can get three pokemons in their friend safari, if they have beaten the league in their OmegaRuby or AlphaSapphire?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So I added someone who plays Pokemon OmegaRuby or AlphaSapphire and I wonder if I can get three pokemons in their friend safari, if they have beaten the league in their OmegaRuby or AlphaSapphire?

I would presume that no it doesn't. Mainly because ANY friend in your 3ds friend list can appear in the Friend Safari whether or not they even played X or Y in the first place: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Friend_Safari

So since the friends that never played X or Y still appear in your friend safari with their two pokemon, I would imagine OR/AS players are in the same boat as any other 3ds game; regardless of if they finish or not, they don't give a thrid pokemon until they get a copy of X or Y and finish it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    I would presume that no it doesn't. Mainly because ANY friend in your 3ds friend list can appear in the Friend Safari whether or not they even played X or Y in the first place: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Friend_Safari

So since the friends that never played X or Y still appear in your friend safari with their two pokemon, I would imagine OR/AS players are in the same boat as any other 3ds game; regardless of if they finish or not, they don't give a thrid pokemon until they get a copy of X or Y and finish it.

I'm trying to discover something but I'm sure that Pokemon X and Y can cope with people with people OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, I'm testing to see if it works.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm trying to discover something but I'm sure that Pokemon X and Y can cope with people with people OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, I'm testing to see if it works.

I recognize those words as being English, but I don't know what you meant to say with them in that order! ;-)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hey guys, I have a question.

Is there a way to tell what what character belongs to each friend in the friend safari? I have a lot of people added, but some are a lot of repeats or haven't been on in a while and I would like to delete them, but I don't know who is who in my friend list because the names change between the in game names and ds names.

PKMNEdward

Snorlax fan
    Years
  • One hit KO?

I'm a noob and I just want to know...
    If you faint a pokemon with one move, it's a 1 hit KO
    Here's the question:
    if I hit a pokemon with a move like bone rush (Ie. a move that hits multiple times on the same turn) is it still a 1-hit KO? :2:

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So my 3ds xl right hinge broke (just started cracking and the crack got bigger and bigger until it broke) and going online it looks like the predominate break for the system is almost ALWAYS the right hinge (turns out the prevalent theory is because the right hinge is much more hallow than the left and isn't made as sturdy) so I'm very annoyed because I always took such good care of my systems over the years and this crack developing over normal use is just frustrating as it show cheapness on Nintendo's part, but now *I* need to pay for it. And it was most definitely under normal use because I never mistreated it, but also when I first noticed the crack forming, you could see it open up at certain points while actually closing the screen, so the stress on the plastic housing was most certainly from the normal stress of the hinge inside.

Anyway, since I have had to wait to save up for either a repair or new system, I opted to get a new system, so when I do a system transfer, what do I need to look out for? SPECIFICALLY with the street pass/spot pass, Pokebank, friend list (cause I have 100 friends on my current system and don't want to lose them all!) and just the all around data on my SD card? Is there any way to transfer my data on my SD card to the SDHC card that comes with the new 3ds? (I have a mac, so if you need a PC specifically to read the data, I'm hooped!) Thanks for any help!

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I'm a noob and I just want to know...
    If you faint a pokemon with one move, it's a 1 hit KO
    Here's the question:
    if I hit a pokemon with a move like bone rush (Ie. a move that hits multiple times on the same turn) is it still a 1-hit KO? :2:

Only if the first hit of the move KO's the opposing Pokemon. E.g. if the 2nd hit of Bone Rush/Fury Swipes/Water Shuriken etc. KO's the opposing Pokemon, it is not an OHKO

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Is there seriously no difference between Aromatherapy and Heal Bell anymore? I know Heal Bell USED to not affect pokemon with Soundproof or behind substitute, and nothing is not affected by Aromatherapy, so except for the fact that Aromatherapy now activates Sap Sipper, is there literally no difference between either one now (other than Sap Sipper activation) so there's no drawback for either move now? or does Aromatherapy activating Sap Sipper mean those pokemon do NOT get thier status ailment healed?

I am breeding a Chansey at the moment and want to know which healing move I should go with.

Years
  • Is there seriously no difference between Aromatherapy and Heal Bell anymore? I know Heal Bell USED to not affect pokemon with Soundproof or behind substitute, and nothing is not affected by Aromatherapy, so except for the fact that Aromatherapy now activates Sap Sipper, is there literally no difference between either one now (other than Sap Sipper activation) so there's no drawback for either move now? or does Aromatherapy activating Sap Sipper mean those pokemon do NOT get thier status ailment healed?

I am breeding a Chansey at the moment and want to know which healing move I should go with.

I did a bit of looking into it, and yeah it appears both moves do the same thing, other than Aromatherapy triggering Sap Sipper if a teammate who has it is on the field in double/triple battles.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Can anybody tell me what's a fast way to level a pokemon after EV training it?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Can anybody tell me what's a fast way to level a pokemon after EV training it?
    Rotation battles at Le Wow is one of the best ways to get exp. The Battle Chateau is pretty good too if you seek out the higher level trainers, particularly the Furisode girls (they use Audinos). Lucky Egg and Exp O-Powers help it go more quickly as well.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Rotation battles at Le Wow is one of the best ways to get exp. The Battle Chateau is pretty good too if you seek out the higher level trainers, particularly the Furisode girls (they use Audinos). Lucky Egg and Exp O-Powers help it go more quickly as well.

Brilliant! Thank you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back