• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YGO: Individual Card Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
  • LaDD is definitely worth the double tribute. We really need more powerful effects like that to be persuaded of double tribute summon. LaDD pays itself for every card negated, and althought you can say the usual 2400 can kill it after just after one negation, but again it's a tempo card and a lock. People may actually put out more monster out with LaDD to add to pressure. Shien, Jinzo and other continuous monster effect cards go decently well with LaDD. Afterall, the less card they can activate, then the less capable they are of lowering LaDD enough to a point of defeating it in battle.

You can still use spell/traps with LaDD out as long as you chain it after LaDD's effect too, so keep that in mind.

Indeed you can always use enemy controller (but that's a 2/40) to switch the Disc Commander from LaDD's recursion to score major damage, but then I think the LaDD player will know the potential risk and got some LP to withstand a hit or two. 2 cards are very tempting (and according to the very old CA/LP ratio a few banlists ago in the days where CA goes crazy with tsukuyomi, 2 cards worth 3000 LP.)

LaDD is definitely worth it. The challenge is who can think of the best tribute fodder setup than the others for LaDD. I don't think LaDD will win the SJC in Dec because it still needs some experience and time to be tempered with, but it will win after a few SJC just like Samurai. Samurai didn't win SJC the moment it came out, but instead a few SJC later.

Marauding Master

Interdimensional.
    Years
  • I tried SPoN/LaDD. Doesn't work at all. I tried Beat/LaDD and it doesn't work too well either so I have only Perfect Circle, Samurai and Pure to test.

Anyway Ichaste, usually, to kill LaDD you have to go -2 or lower, while I get a +1 or +3 depending on the monster I summon. Maybe a -1 or so too if I have a good backrow card. You'll probably destroy it with attacking as well so I don't see the use of Quick-Plays if I summon my monster in defense position(Which I probably will, you can't usually hammer through Baboon or DMoC anyways. Sure you can kill the monster but if it's DMoC or Disk Commander, I already got a plus out of it anyway.

So while you're left with basically no cards. I have a 3 card minimum with Disk Commander the next turn. Not that I usually have to topdeck anyway.

I hope Gameking updates soon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ......I know I said that I was done, but I did some testing with LaDD just to be fair, and I discovered one very giant loophole: Treeborn Frog. That is ALL it takes to stop LaDD's negation effect. Seriously, all you need to do is keep trying to summon Frog and LaDD will just drain itself out, making your loss actually a -0. Afterwards, Fissure/Zaborg it or something, then Brain Control whatever comes up and go for the kill...or just DDWL it and leave it at that. So,...I don't exactly call that an advantage.

If you don't believe me, Frostweaver can try it for himself to confirm it.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • 2 or 3 D.D.Crow is in every sidedeck nowadays anyway... because we're still stuck in the era of recursion tricks in most decks, but mainly the zombies still. Destiny Heroes are also related of course.

Not sure if LaDD will try to negate Crow since technically Crow is never played on the field... if it does, then you'll have to be sure to chain it after LaDD's effect so it doesn't get negated.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • NEW CARD FTW!!!! (In America)

Knight of the End
    Monster/Dark/Warrior/Effect/4*
    Atk 1400/ Def 1300
    When this monster is normal summoned, flip summoned, or special summoned send one dark-attribute monster from your deck to the graveyard.

Ah, Phantom of Darkness, how we adore thee. Zombie has a new method of tossing big hitters to the graveyard, methinks. To top that off, we're paving the way for new "Corrupted" monsters who take advantage of darks in the graveyard. Hooboy.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Besides those more obvious tricks, there's of course, the dumping of Exodia pieces to speed up the recollection from the graveyard (but this won't work due to DD Crow being everywhere lately.) There has to be other dump/revive tricks too besides zombie... Apart from that, I can't think of too many goodies to use with the free dump yet x.x; Not too many other cards need a dark monsters in the graveyard... Sky Scourges worry about the light fairy more than the dark fiend. Necrofear I guess...? o_o;

It's not coming up to my mind right now x.x;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Still, like you said, it's going to be compared with foolish burial if you want disc commander... o_o; More flexible that it's still a normal monster if you already dumped everything you want to dump, while Foolish Burial may be a dead card in those situation, but Foolish Burial can send anything to the graveyard.

Years
  • Light and Darkness Dragon... Isn't that thing at least limited? My friend keeps loking me down with THREE OF THEM!!! I hate it!!! I want one! They're such a pain... I have to waste a lot of useful cards to make it weak enough to kill.

I hate that card.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • If you want to kill Light and Darkness just bring Treeborn Frog like Icha said. It will keep spamming its effect on the Standby Phase and just completely screws the dragon over as Treeborn can activate its effect as many times per Standby Phase as it wants, but there's a limit to how long Light and Darkness Dragon can keep negating it. (and here's the fun/cruel part: because of the way it's worded, it has to keep negating until it runs out of Atk or Def) xD It's also a once-per-chain negation, so if you chain something like Phoenix Wing Wind Blast or Raigeki Break to Light and Darkness when it tries to negate you can blow it off the field. ^^

Anyways, I don't think it's limited (at least not yet) since it can only be summoned by two tributes (no special summon games) and both its effects can bite you if you're not careful. Really, I think the question here is why the flip are you letting your opponent get into a position where they can do three two-tribute normal summons in a single duel. x.O Anyway, it's an interesting card to say the least, but I'm sort of vary of the second effect as it has the potential to completely decimate CA and field presence alike. If you haven't invested much on the field the sure, you've got your Disc Commander or whatever to enjoy, but otherwise it's a pain. (In some freaky Beast/LaDD deck, you could get both your pick of choice from the graveyard and Green Baboon if you had at least one beast out when the dragon went boom, though, but I have no idea what would make that work. xP)

Anyway, Knight of the End looks fun enough. Tomato-searchable precision dump ftw! It's just too bad that it's dark attribute only. I think I'll stick with Foolish Burial myself, because dropping down Treeborn, Dandylion and big recurrable beatsticks is fun that this card just doesn't afford me. I mean, what's it gonna' dump besides Disc Commander, Dasher, Malicious and (lawl) Necroshade or Necro Gardna? (Oh yeah, Vampire Lord and his buddies, right?) Ah well, maybe these new dark monsters that the upcoming booster is all about will answer that.

Speaking of which...Dark Nepthys could do some pretty cool things in combination with Shroud of Darkness (I think that's what it's called? Continuous Spell, let's you discard any dark monster you get on your draw phase and draw again and can be used as many times per phase as you like). Yay for mass dumping. (In a Yubel Deck it ensures that you aren't stuck with one of the nomis in your hand either)

Aaand yeah, bad topdecks are everywhere. Card of Safe Return is the epitome of crappy topdecks yet it's still run in threes because of its high synergy with zombies. Dimension Fusion sucks as a topdeck unless you have made some serious preparations. Future Fusion is a crappy topdeck no matter how you look at it. Yet all of those have been played on a competitive level. As long as the number of bad topdecks is kept in check and balanced by high-utility cards the benefits certainly outweigh the occasional bad draw. And let's face it: what deck doesn't run anything they wouldn't want to topdeck? xP

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Alright...

Warrior Lars
    Monster/Earth/Warrior/Effect/4*
    Atk 1600/Def 1200
    When this monster is successfully normal or special summoned, select one warrior-type monster in your deck other than a "Warrior Lars" and place it on top of your deck.

In other news Exiled Force has just become insanely easy to topdeck into, as well as D.D. Assailant, D.D. Survivor, D.D. Warrior Lady, and all those other fun warrior monsters who do not have "D.D." in their names.

Seriously, I love this card. Pity you can't search it with Sangan, although that would be a bit broken. Warriors Toolbox will probably be running at least a copy or two of this guy, especially since he makes Survivor and Assailant searchable monsters.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Try a better version of that same card with just lower stats (aka, recruiter-able).

Deep Diver
    Aqua/Effect
    Lv 3/Water
    1000 Atk / 1100 Def

If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, at the end of the Battle Phase, select 1 monster from your Deck and place it on top of your Deck.

This is the promo card for WC2008. Fear it when it comes out.

Not restricted by warrior (who got RotA anyway... and there's no really that many good warriors that can't be searched by RotA. There's just Neo, which is sort of stretching it, and even that got E Emergency Call).

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Alright, Deep Diver rocks my socks, I admit it. On the other hand, it also has to get killed by battle so Fissure can run it right over without triggering its effect. I'm also of the opinion that once the banlist runs after this thing, it might warrant a limited or semi-limited status since the search engine is way too powerful as far as recruitment goes, IMO. Traditionally, recruit has some kind of limit. This thing has none, and is in itself recruitable. I don't think it'll make it past one banlist.

Lars, on the other hand, gets props because his trick activates when he's summoned, not when he's destroyed. In a way, that makes him move faster than Diver because he sets up combos very quickly without needing to be suicidal or evil. You can plunk him down and use him as tribute fodder during the next turn. I think he may have potential.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Both Lars and Deep Diver have a problem I think that will make it balanced but not abusable: It's ensuring your next draw is a particular monster. Traditional recruiter gets them to the field or the hand immediately. Also, if say for some reason you got both deep diver and mother grizzly on the field. Opponent attacks diver first, and you place your card on top. Then they attack grizzly afterward, and now you special summon something and shuffles the deck. Deep Diver's effect is gone.

Now you can say, that's more of a bad play than Deep Diver's fault, but my point is that there are "restrictions" to how you can use Deep Diver. You can't expect Deep Diver to do well as long as you throw it out on the field.

Fissure being at 1, I honestly doubt that they will use Fissure on Deep Diver. It's not like Pyramid Turtle where something huge comes out immediately (along with getting a draw for Card of Safe Return) and block your next direct attack. Deep Diver casually tells the opponent and yourself, what your next draw is.

(note: I don't think low attack or high def will matter as much anymore, though they still factor for Fissure and Smashing Ground. People will start to run Soul Taker when it is out. We always used confiscation and that thing took 1000 LP to use. Why not destroy a monster and give 1000 LP to the enemy? But we'll see.)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • YGO: Individual Card Discussion

Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon

This card can be Special Summoned by removing from play 1 Dragon-Type monster you control. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type monster except "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon" from your hand or Graveyard.

Bow down to yet another OCG tier 1 candidate! (if it's not already)

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • O.O

So like, Darkness Metal doesn't require you to summon a sucky nomi by tributing a sucky vanilla and then equip the sucky nomi with a sucky continuous trap card and tribute both to get a Magic Jammer on legs?

I'm deeply disappointed. :<

In all seriousness, this card is crazy. Screw King Dragun; we just got us the Il Blud of dragons, except that the monsters it summons aren't tied to it, it's way stronger, and it jumps onto the field in one nifty Special Summon. This + Card of Safe Return is really a no-brainer synergy. Throw in Decoy Dragon and Masked and you've also ensured that you'll always have something to summon this with if you topdeck it.

A much needed step towards dragons actually working for things other Cyberdark and five-headed. :3 I mean, LaDD is a dragon, sure, but its summoning requirements were not really built with dragons in mind. xP

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    Revival?

Darknight Parshath
    DARK - Level 5 - Fairy/Effect - 1900/1400
    When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can remove from play 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard to draw 1 card. This card gains 100 ATK for each DARK monster in your Graveyard.

Okay, so, obviously (since I'm lame at this game), I need to know what can really be done with this card. How do you max out its usage in a deck?

Well so far, I'm aware that Armageddon, D.Grepher, D.Crusader, Foolish Burial and the like can feed this card (if someone can list more Dark cards that help him please do so). The more they feed the more ATK power it has, and it can sacrifice ATK power for draw power.

And that's pretty much all I have on this guy. Is there anymore I have to know to capitalize on using him? Or is that pretty much the jist of it. How many should be run in a deck based around him (I have no experience with mid-level monsters)?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back