• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Aaand it happened, just today I got my first shiny Pokemon since obtaining the Shiny Charm! Decided to start a new Masuda Method project for a shiny Amaura, and I hatched a beautiful and adorable shiny Amaura (male) at just the 7th Egg!! Whooo! :3
Did you leave the parents in the daycare the whole time?

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
Did you leave the parents in the daycare the whole time?

No I did not actually, I wanted to start a new Masuda Method project AFTER I obtained the shiny charm. The DayCare was obviously empty the whole time I was collecting Pokemon to fill up my Pokedex in order to get the Shiny Charm. After I FINALLY filled my Dex and got the shiny charm, I left my Lv:66 Aurorus (female) with a Japanese male Amaura in the DayCare the entire time (but it didn't last too long haha).

So, to be clear, I obtained the shiny charm -> put both parents in Daycare -> start Masuda Method -> hatched a shiny pretty fast! ;)

I can understand the "bug" when you already have parents in the DayCare and started Masuda'ing, and in this process obtaining a Shiny Charm will not take effect on the current breeding process (like said earlier). That's why if you DO obtain the shiny charm while already breeding, you'll have to take the parents out and put them back into the DayCare in order to let the Shiny Charmt ake effect (if it still works for breeding in Gen 6, but, since I got it at the 7th egg, maybe it will!)

Hope I could make some things clear for you ;)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 20, 2014
Yay! Got my second shiny today, a Lillipup from the friend Safari (also 3 perfect IVs) , my first was a random Bunnelby encounter v(^_^v)♪

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 6, 2015
Stopped playing this game for a little while. No motivation but recently jumped back on to breed a few competitive pokes. Anyway decided to work on a Tyrantrum. During the third batch of eggs out pops a lovely blue Tyrunt. Felt good because I wasn't even actively going for MM.

HP, ATK and Spe... Nothing special but I'll probably use it just coz Tyrantrum is one of my favourites from this gen.

Also if anyone wants any battles add me and send me a PM with your FC. I think it'll be the only thing that will keep me playing this more often.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
I have started to breed a bunch of Ralts for safari hunting purposes. No Everstone involved. I am letting the babies run free in order to grab all of the vital natures + Synchronize ability, but it's taking a long time... Too lazy to find a dad with appropriate nature for each desired nature :)

Years
I've been shiny hunting again for a few days now, and geez, I think I found a friend safari that has a really awesome shiny rate encounter in my game. Or that's really close to my TSV or something. I have no idea how that works.

Now I'm pretty sure that the shiny encounter rate varies from safari to safari, like it was said in a post on the forum.

I mean, I got 3 Minccinos, 3 Aipoms and 2 Eevees in like 3/4 days, that's just crazy, aha.

And I don't even have the shiny charm! Or maybe I'm incredibly lucky at the moment.

That may be it, after all I also managed to get two Rufflets quite quickly in another safari... At least I can manage to get the natures and the abilities I want, I just need to be patient.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
Years
I don't even keep non shiny pokemons anymore. Actually, I don't have them at all. 11 pc boxes of mine are filled with 5-6IV shiny pokemons.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 12, 2014
Honestly, I do not understand why people are so crazy about shinies. They have a different color than other Pokémon but are also weakerthan other ones. Wow. Who needs it?
The only thing I think a shiny is useful for is trading to get a rare normal Pokémon you need. Also shinies often seem to be cheated...

Just my opinion, you know.

Years
Well, it's pretty much like collecting rare training cards, they have a special kind of appeal. It makes people want to hunt them and show them off I guess.

They're also hard to get (even if it's easier this gen) so capturing/obtaining them can be considered an achievement, and they're more "special" than your average wild Pokemon.

Plus while some shinies are sometimes apparence wise quite bad or not really different, they often look really great.

Last edited:
Years
i've had a shiny simipour which i traded for a shiny politoed and someone in my friend list gave me a shiny slurpuff i tried the MM to breed a shiny hydreigon but i gave up on that after a while

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
...but are also weakerthan other ones. Wow. Who needs it?
Shiny Pokemon from breeding or from a friend safari aren't really weak :)

Unless the player is disregarding IV breeding (or just happens to be very unlucky in the safari) a bred Pokemon is always better than a random encounter in the wild.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Of the three shinies + default Gyarados, I've only found one of them in Generation VI: Tauros. Horrible nature. Colouring is pretty OK. I wouldn't use it, though, except for trophy purposes.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
My shiny charm has worked again! I got a shiny espurr in a safari after 20 minutes of hunting! It's female so I named it Dark Goddess, It is now a level 50 meowstick in the process of super training to be a part of one of my teams. It has good ivs in special attack and defense.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've managed to get shiny Gyarados from one of my friends today, and I'm extremely happy about it. It has Adamant nature, and five perfect IVs. Would've been better if all six were perfect, but... I guess you can't have everything. :P Going to EV train it once I have some free time.

Fastblade

Who?
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
After an hour and a half of searching, I found a Shiny Shelgon in a safari.
I literally exclaimed out loud, because
1. This is the third shiny I've ever come across in the wild. The first is my Abomnasnow trapped in Platnium and the second was a Pidgey on Route 1 in FireRed.. that I couldn't catch because you don't have Pokeball access then.

2. It was either Gabite, Shelgon, or Druddigon, and I got the best one.

It's nature is Gentle, but it has Overcoat (thats the HA, right?) so I'm happy.

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
Years
Is it bad that the only shiny I was able to transfer before my Pokebank trial expired was the red Gyarados from Heart Gold?

Is it also bad I have been unable to locate any shinies in X yet?

Oh, and I can forget about obtaining the shiny charm too, I'll never complete this Pokédex as there are some Pokémon I'd never be able to obtain now [mainly legendaries, event Pokémon and Pokémon exclusive to a previous generation].

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
Yesterday evening I finally hatched my so-long-wanted Shiny Charmander (female) on the 532th Egg! ^_^ :D Awesome, might do another MM soon (I think Squirtle)
That isn't as bad as many people reported since obtaining the Shiny Charm it took ages for them to hatch another shiny (keep it up!) :S

Honestly, I do not understand why people are so crazy about shinies. They have a different color than other Pokémon but are also weakerthan other ones. Wow. Who needs it?
The only thing I think a shiny is useful for is trading to get a rare normal Pokémon you need. Also shinies often seem to be cheated...

Just my opinion, you know.

Well, that's understandable ofcourse, but some people (like me) just really like "different coloured Pokemon" :) I think it's an awesome addition to have in your Pokemon collection, and when I look back at my shinies, it kinda proves my dedication to the game (which I like, because I like the games a lot!) ;)

Also, the effort you'll need to take to even obtain one (chances are small) and then be finally rewarded for your dedication and persistence, intrigues me too! Because all that hard work and patience to get one eventually rewards you with the shiny you wanted so bad for (in some cases) such a long time :) But, some people like them, some don't.
Sure, impatient and spoiled people who do not take the game as serious as we do, "cheat" shinies (just to brag about them), but that is noticable in some cases. That just takes a lot of fun away from the game. Obviously most of us don't cheat since that spoils everything and isn't as much fun and rewarding as trying these things out yourself.

However, I do not agree with your "statement" about shinies being weaker than 'regular Pokemon'. For example, in my years of playing these Pokemon games and collecting a lot of shinies, it NEVER 'proved' to me that shiny Pokemon are weaker than the regular ones. For example, I got a Shiny Talonflame and regular Talonflame in my Pokemon X game. The Shiny Talonflame I hatched has waaay better stats than second (normal) Talonflame I trained in my main-story game. I trained them the exact same way, but the Shiny Talonflame has better stats and a lot more HP for example, compared to my normal Talonflame. ;) So, the stats do matter.

Or is it because you just really don't like shinies, and therefore you are saying "they must be weaker"? That is all ;)

Last edited:

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
Years
I came across a mienfoo and I got a clawizter from GTS. I traded both of them but I now have some shinies I wanted. I want shiny Fenniken but resetting tons of times is annoying.

Back