• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I had a shiny Basculin i caught thanks to Chain-fishing. When i was trading with a guy, i accidentally chose the basculin, and they guy suddenly offered me a shiny Shelmet, so i agreed to the trade :)

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
I was going through Friend Safaris the other day and got a Shiny Slugma. First one I've personally caught this gen, and it was a silver blob of magma-goo.

...I'll take it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 17, 2014
SHINY POKEMON!

Hey guys, after 7 years of playing Pokemon; I finally caught my very first shiny!

It's a scatterbug, yay! I'd be willing to trade it if anyone is interested :D

My question is: What was your first shiny Pokemon?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
on the 6th generation - my shiny was a Luxio in Friend Safari.

edit: forgot to mention - about 3 months later, I caught another Friend Safari shiny, a female Minccino. She will be part of my Normal Type team.

Last edited:

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I have met quite a few shinies in Gen 6. I have met a shiny farfectd,furfou,charmeleon and i have a shiny tyrantrum and greninja

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I have 4 new beauty's to my collection:

Friday: 20 minutes of searching and i found one in a friend safar, 2 ivs in special attack and speed, named dark Goddess.

Saturday: resumed my mawile hunt through masuda after about a month of doing nothing on it. 10th egg i grabbed was a shiny 5 ived mawile. It is named Chompers and is a powerhouse in my team.

Monday: After an half hour of hoard hunting i found a shiny gligar! Named it soarpion, it has 2 ivs in attack and defense. It is now a proud member of my team.

Today: I had been chatting on miiverse to someone and we became friends. He was really nice and gifted me a shiny magmar! So since he was so nice i gave him a shiny chanderlure in return! That is all for now. Currently hoard hunting for weepinbell, wish me luck!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Im the proud owner of a shiny Eevee a friend gifted me!!
Its IVs arent the best in any stat really, so ill probably evolve it into something for looks :D

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
Yet, I just hatched another Shiny Pokemon using the Masuda Method (+ Shiny Charm, NO Everstone this time), it's an Eevee which I'm super happy about! Just hatched it on my 28th Egg!
It's male, with Adaptability and a Modest nature! ^_^

Still have to decide which Eevee-evolution I will let him evolve into...

To everyone else out there, good luck finding your Shiny Pokemon, you will get there eventually and patience is key! ;)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've managed to encounter a shiny Fletchling yesterday on Route 3, and immediately caught it. It's got a bad nature, though, so I probably won't actually be using it. I already have a Talonflame, anyway, which is all set for competitive battling and whatnot. xD"

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Well I got an awesome HA shiny boldore named crystal gem with 2 ivs in defense and special defense. What makes it awesome is the story behind it. So Wednesday night I traded someone a shiny hawlucha(cloned as I was suspicious of his mew but wanted it for the color) for their shiny mew on miiverse anyway the next day they asked me to borrow my shiny furfrou for the dex( they borred my shiny gliscor for it so I was like ok) I was supicous of his reasoning though so I cloned furfrou and traded the clone to him. Then he ended communications and changed his message to Ha I lied. Then I was like HAHAHA your very naïve your computer program failed you as the furfrou I gave him was not legit, it was a clone. Anyway before that I posted that I found the shiny boldore in his safari( I was trying to find the 3rd pokemon and boldore was apparently it and after 10 minutes it showed up. (I had one already from black and white but it didn't have his HA) Anyway he was mad and I laughed. Then after he tried to scam me I posted the story to miiverse. About 5 people rallied with me against him and he was dumb enough to post in it so I block him and he was being hated by everyone in that post as he admitted to attempting to scam me. Anyway he put up a argument that furfrou was legit because of his program but everyone including me proved to him it was not legit. Then he went insane and made 3 really long posts filled with nothing but curse words and was banned. The End. So in the end he ultimately lost as I got 2 shinys from his scam and he failed in his plan. So remember always play smart!

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
OMG Just hatched a Shiny Squirtle using MM on just my 8th Egg! I'm super happy about this! :D It's a male with Bold nature :)

So far, beeding using MM since I obtained the Shiny Charm really works well for me! :) So far I have obtained (since I got the charm):
- Amaura 7th Egg
- Charmander 532nd Egg (everstone involved)
- Eevee 28th Egg
- Squirtle 8th Egg

I will be going for a shiny Bulbasaur now! Will keep you guys updated! :)

Back