• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Return of the Most Important Poll EVER

Samurai vs. Cowboys...who would win?

• Samurai

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    CK?let me tell you something. This is a Pok?mon board, thusly 90%of the people will pick the answer related to Japan, last time ninjas, now Samurai. ;p
    Seriously, I dunno...guns cold be pretty effective though I'm not sure all the Samurai armor/honor/fighting styles so I guess I can't say?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Eh, you're right =P If you want you can delete this and I'll make something a bit debatable :P

But in the meantime, I was hoping this one would focus on swords and armor vs. firearms, thus making it easily debatable, but maybe I'm wrong :P

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
  • Well, cowboys don't exactly train do they? So there's a fighting chance for the samurais. However, the creation of guns was what kicked out those means of physical combat used by the samurais, so the cowboys have an equal chance too.

I kind of like these polls, hehe....

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm going to have to be the biased one and pick the samurais--and it's not because of my interest in Japan and its culture. I agree with Jordan on the basis that cowboys aren't...trained...they're just wild, shooting machines on horseback, lol. ^_^; Samurais have fighting strategies, tactics, and styles that help them in any given situation during combat. The only advantage the cowboys have is the cavalry in general. And that's my two cents...^_^

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Heehee, I'm probably gonna be the only one going with this, but I say go th comboys. LONG LIVE TEXAS!!!!!! Well, they got the guns and stuff, and back in the Old West you had to be really good with guns and everything to survive, so I'm thinkin not every single part of the samurai is armored, thusly they can lock in on that part, and when the bullt penetrates, they come in for the kill :P. I seriously don't think I could be more wrong :P

~DragonTrainer
    :dragonite

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • Cowboys would pimp smack samurais...but it really depends on location..if it was an open field then sams would stand a chance...but in a dark forest, yeah they're dead

BOO ya!

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
  • I'm going to have to go with Samurais. Although cowboys have an advantage because they have a gun that they can use to attack them from a far distance, Samurais are so swift and fast that they could probably dodge the bullets. Also, once the samurai gets close enough to use his sword, then the Cowboy is a goner.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Well, not entirely true FT, the samurai would have to be one good samurai just to get close, not to mention cowboys did carry daggers, and sometimes bayonettes. With all the armor on, they couldn't dodge the bullets, I don't think.

~DragonTrainer

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Lol, Tig there's something called laws of physics :P. Maybe if it were some Anime movie or something, or a movie they could dodge the bullets with their swords, but no way in real life :P

~DragonTrainer

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Obviously cowboys ;P They have guns, and samurais only have their swords XP

*dies*

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Cowbays...they train themselves to be master gunwielders. Wit hall his armor on, a samurai wouldn't be able to doge a bullet headed right for his weak points.

[Simpsons reference] Besides...the lasso is the ultimate weapon. [/Simpsons reference]

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • Sams can't dodge bullets...no one on the face of the earth can dodge bullets. Bullets move so fast that you:

A) Cannot see them. And if you can't see what your dodging then you might as well stand still

B) Cannot psyically move your body quick enough to move your body out of the way

C) No amount of Sam armor could possibly hope to block even the weakest gun cowboys use.

Beside, cowboys are very accurate, and could kill a samurai before it gets close to them. And the closer a sam is to a cboy the easier it is to hit them...

DURR!

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
  • I think Samauris unless there in an open field. In an open fiedl theres nowhere to jump and stuff. Samauris are also very quick and can sneak up and are better at using there area opposed to bang bang shooting evrewhere

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • That's what I said...but really now, swords can't beat guns. Just because they do in videogames all the time and in movies doesn't mean you can hide the facts. A gun is always stronger than a sword...fin

And if a cowboy can precisely hit a bottle then they can pwn a samurai...

BOO ya!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Mm. The only person who can dodge bullets is Superman. XD; Anyway, back on topic... x_X Samurai's move slowly AND faster than Cowboy's. Not to mention some Samurai's are erm ... agile and such making it easy to use "The Element of Surprise" But if they would go on direct draw I'd say Cowboys have the more chance. @_@ It's a draw either way. {Get it? Draw as in draw your guns? XD; I kill me}

Back