• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Return of the Most Important Poll EVER

Samurai vs. Cowboys...who would win?

• Samurai

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    What happened to the original thread? Anyway, my vote goes to the samurai. I can't really comment why, as I know virtually nothing about both them except that one carries swords and one carries guns. And swords are just cool (as if you expected a Zelda Scribe to say otherwsie?), and their Japanese which is a plus.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    That's because, as Kairi pointed out, this is more of a Japanese-oriented forum... meaning most of the people voting in this poll are biased to Japanese style options.

=3 Myself included. Although... I did choose samurai based on the fact that they have armor, and although it may not be the greatest, samurai trained long hours to wield their swords properly. If they were in a sheltered location, they could easily win, I would guess, as I believe they also trained to do well in silent combat. =o I'd have to actually educate myself more on the subject before making a proper guess, though. But that doesn't stop me from voting.[/biased opinion on something she knows nothing about X3]

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I say Cowboys, I mean they could have that pistol up and have a hole in you before you could blink. And all they have to do is shoot for the head and there goes the Samurai before he could get close to the Cowboy.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    As I have stated before, even though samurais have armor, that armor couldn't cover every part of their body, or they wouldn't be "Oh-so lightning fast". Them cowboys would have the samurais on the ground quickly

~DragonTrainer
    :dragonite

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    The one thing we can gather from this is how important setting is?in a place such as a dark forest the Samurai would have the edge of stealth and the cowboys not being able to shoot around trees. In an open field, the samurai are an easy target. ^_^;

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Yep, cowboys are winning. XP Like Dakota said, nobody can dodge bullets, except Neo from The Matrix XP And besides, bullets go too fast, and the faster they go, the harder they'll hit. no samurai can beat THAT! And besides, cowboys can quickly point to a samurai and shoot it dead XP

*dies*

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    And sams swords couldn't block them either...The sword would break, and it might deflect the bullet off course by a hair, but by then another well aimed bullet will have already been fired...

BOO ya!

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    But of course this is an open field, whereas in a forest they wouldn?t even see the samurai before he killed one of the, and when the others went to get him the rest of the samurai could ambush the cowboys. But in an open field or such you?d lose that. o.o;

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    number? if it was 100 vs 100 samurai would prob. win (cowboys'd just shoot around randomly kill their own whereas the samurai r usually more organized in attack)
    of course that how it usually works XD

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 22, 2004
    i think that i'll have to go with samurai. I say this cuz as far as my knowledge extends samurai were trained in an assortment of weapons(swords, bows, etc) as well as an assortement of battle strategies(such as ambushing).

Now I'll assume that the samurai would not try to take the cowboy on in too open of an enviroment, and would try to get to an area where he could take cover, and use his bow, or any other ranged type weapon, or perhaps an area with enough cover to get close enough for melee combat.... and really what is a cowboy with a knife/bayonet going to do to a trained katana weilding samurai?

also on the bullet dodging thing..... that is all luck really, you just try to trick the guy to shoot the wrong way or to predict where they'll shot and move the other way.... that would be all about reading the opponent.... of course since you have to be closer to do this...... the chances of success aren't the greatest... i wouldn't rely on it anyways.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    O_O' Wow. Good post there, Hunnuli. But anyway, I just read something on Samurai's and looked in on their battle weapons and found out a shield is one of them. Shields can deflect a bullet. x_X; And that is assuming a Samurai does possess a shield of fine metal/Iron/Steel/whatever, etc. o_O;

So I believe that if the Samurai's had some shield or something that acts as one, they would win even in an open field. :p

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    A sam's shield couldn't deflect a bullet, the bullet would go straight though...Usually their shields were made of wood or weak metal. And people! Cowboys don't just shoot randomly! Cowboys were also often on horseback and had lassos as well. They are also very, VERY accurate wit their guns, they can shoot a sam 100 yards away right in the head

geez

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Lol, I think most people vote for samurai because they see it on Anime and stuff and they think it may happen :P. Cowboys all the way man, they couldn't live back then if they weren't accurate, so they could easily pop one right on the samurai, like Dakota said. What's weird was, back in the samurai days, some samurais would just go walk around, sometimes in farms and stuff, and slash farmers heads off just to practice O_o

~DragonTrainer
    :dragonite

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 22, 2004
    heh, no duh that the bullets could punch through the lighter metal of the sheilds.... although the sheilds may help them survive the shoot it is highly unlikely to completely block the shoot.

anyways, yeah cowboys are accurate but the aren't really trained in subletauge or other such strategies, like some samurai are... of course if they were fighting in texas or something the cowboys would very likely win due to lack of cover and such, but in a mountianous terrain with trees or a forest i'd definately put points on the samurai.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    normal cowboys have a gun with six bullets reloadind six bullets take 4 seconds? a sam can move like 15 meters in 4 seconds a bullet to the body would slow down not kill ! so a sam would likely win?

Back