• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which came first..? o_O

Which came first? Mew or Arceus?

• Mew

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Arceus

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Confused as well... I don't know...

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I do love POKéMON, and I think I will never get rid of this love for the rest of my life!

Anyways, I am troubled with the logic of POKéMON...

There was one scene where it stated that the origin of all POKéMON came from Mew, and so thus, I conclude that Mew is the mother of all POKéMON (excluding the legendary dogs, for they were created by Ho-oh), but then later, when D/P then came, it was stated that Arceus is the god POKéMON and everything came from Arceus. But according to my research, Arceus only created 5 legendary POKéMON's, namely, Dialga, Palkia, Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit...

So, here arouse my confusion, which came first..?

If Mew, then Mew created Arceus.., but if Arceus, then Arceus created Mew... o_O *confused*

I would love to hear your opinions.

Thanks~

Caina

Nankurunaisa
    Years
  • Well, What a logic question it is! well, for me, I think it's MEW. Because Mew was the first PKMN to have all the DNA of other PKMN.... and I think Arceus was one of it... I THINK, Which the creators got more idea and they forget that they made MEW to have all the DNA of all PKMN's and so they created ARCEUS to be GOD. But the rightful PKMN to claim the 1st to come out is MEW actually... Tee-hee, it's just my opinion... thanks!

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
  • Lemme get this straight: Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon, not a God.

If Arceus is the God of Pokemon then no-one created Arceus: it is eternal, meaning it had no beginning and it has no end. If Arceus is God, then either Arceus exists outside of time or Arceus exists in multiple dimensions of time. What I mean is, either Arceus created time and therefore it is not limited by the cause and effect of time because it created time; or Arceus is free to travel anywhere in time and never had a beginning, since if Arceus operates in a plane of time it can move in an infinite number of directions of time if it wants to, which implies that it can exist in all moments of time at the same instant. A dimension of time moves in only one direction; a plane of time has no starting point. Therefore Arceus, or God, does not have any need of having been created.
    Mew, on the other hand, had a beginning and therefore had a cause.

In conclusion, there is no "coming first" since Arceus is eternal; however, I believe that if Mew is the ancestor then it was created by Arceus, and if Arceus is a God then it is eternal and was most certainly not created by anyone or anything.

To be perfectly honest with you, I think it's very silly calling Arceus "God".

EDIT: By the way, I'm not religious or anything so I don't believe in God in case you were wondering ^_^ I don't want to start any arguments...

EDIT II: Hold on a minute... has it actually been stated that "the origin of all Pokemon came from Mew"? o.O When you say "all", does that include Arceus?
    Ohhh we have a contradiction! I love contradictions!! XD

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Spoiler:

yeah, it was stated that all POKéMON came from Mew's DNA, and so I was confused, whether Arceus also came from Mew's DNA, or Arceus simply created Mew. I love reading your opinions, guys. It clears some confusions.

Spoiler:

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
  • Ahh I think I know what's going on here: Arceus can't be a proper God. For a start, it's already proved that it's not omnipotent by not having infinite stats! XD This is stupid, I really don't know any more... A God can't be defeated but Arceus can :\ hmmm something doesn't sound right here. If Mew created Arceus, then Arceus cannot be eternal. It's Arceus that's the problem. If this statement:
    "all POKéMON came from Mew's DNA"
    is true, then Arceus is not eternal. Well that doesn't seem to matter now anyway because it's not omnipotent. Everything is screwed up. But why the heck is it referred to as "God"? Maybe Nintendo invented a new kind of God: a defeatable, finite God :\

I think I'll just send an email to Nintendo and ask them XD I'm confused as well.

Terry M

Weepinbell: Don't hurt me!!!!!
    Years
  • If Mew created all pokemon, that must include legendaries.That mean's Mew is the ancestor of all pokemon.But that doesn't mean Mew created them, it just mean's Mew can't be defeated by them.Arceus is the god of all pokemon, so that means Arceus created Mew, cause Mew is a pokemon.So Arceus definetly came first, it doesn't matter about the regions, but it does matter about what the entry is.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    Eden and Eve were created together right? (I think so, I'm Buddhist)

So Mew and Arceus were created together? -shot'd-

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    what if niether of them were God pokemon!! :O :O :O

in the anime, sure, they can be God pokémon since the anime is completely inconsistent w/ the games, but the dex entries in the game are just for flavor. [sarcasm]it says "in mythology" which means it MUST be true[/sarcasm].

to go along w/ everyone else's input, it probably goes like Arceus created mew and then mew created everything else because mew can learn EVERY TM and HM!!!

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    God Knows They can always change the script but maybe mew will remain an original piece in the pokemon fandom ~~

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Or it could always be the fact that it's a video game that contains no logic whatsoever if you think about it... But I actually have to side with Shiny Umbreon here.

Also, if you think about it, surely it is Mew because, well, having the DNA of every Pokemon and being able to learn every move as well as all the scientific facts...

Yeah, Mew... Which means that Arceus isn't actually a God of Pokemon.

Years
  • Your all saying Mew can learn every TM + HM but Arceus can be every type.

As I said earlier it could be like the Greek gods.

So all legendaries could be gods.
    Arceus could equal Zeus.
    Mew = Hera?

For all we know Magikarps might be gods.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Arceus, the legend says that it was an egg in the darkness of space before there was anything else.

Arcues could have created Mew along with the others.

Dialga - Celebi ( Time )
    Palkia - Jirachi ( Space )
    Giratina - ??? ( Dimension )

Golden Arceus

The First
    Years
  • Arceus was the first born (I honestly don't believe it to be the original creator, but the starter of a chain of events leading up to the creation of the world the Pokémon games are played in).. then it created Dialga and Palkia (the two of them together created reality, whether it was by a conflict that created it or not, not sure), Giratina was an accident from what i can tell.. Mew was created by Arceus as a base for other Pokemon to follow making it pure and un-flawed.. the three pixies were to implement emotion (IIRC)..

Other than ones not announced/revealed yet.. those seem to be the only original creations.. ones after may have altered by natural evolutionary measures through the ages.. or were man-made

As an added note.. someone above mentioned comparing the legendaries to greek myth.. there was a really good thread at SPP that matched almost every legendary (including past gens) to many of the beasts and persons of greek legend.. if I can find it ill quote the findings..

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Wow that's a doozey.
    But remember guys, it's a game, it doesn't always make sense.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I think that Arceus was first:

Arceus, being an eternal god of Pokemon, was never created, and had no beginning. So Arceus created Mew, and MEW is the ANCESTOR of all Pokemon. Mew didn't create the Pokemon, he was the Ancestor, not the creator. There is a difference. So Mew was like the first Pokemon besides Arceus.

Ikasu

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • To be honest, I think both existed together. Only thing was that Arceus was responsible for creating time and space (which essentially meant the Universe), yet Mew has the DNA of all 493 Pokémon that are currently discovered, including itself. Maybe Arceus only shaped the Earth, and that was it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back