• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
  • That's only half the problem! :P
    I figured, well, no avatar, at least I can put a signature.
    So I checked out the signature limits and I was surprised to see that the limit for pictures was 200x200 pixels.
    And they said and I quote "That's a lot!"
    Are you kidding me?

Anyway, I'm just grateful PC is back. :D

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • That's only half the problem! :P
    I figured, well, no avatar, at least I can put a signature.
    So I checked out the signature limits and I was surprised to see that the limit for pictures was 200x200 pixels.
    And they said and I quote "That's a lot!"
    Are you kidding me?

XD
    Their signature limits used to be bigger, something similar to here. Any old profile which hasn't been updated since the change still has a signature which breaks that rule of 200x200px. It actually prevents you from adding images larger than that if you try to save it in your profile.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Haha, I remember that. :( Went back and edited my reference to the forum with "the green forum" for old time's sake too.

I like custom avatars. I usually identify people from their avatar first and foremost when I go to read a post. 8( I rarely look at names.

Cherrim

Years
  • Close enough, Kylie. XD I associate sigs to some extent too.
    Same here, first thing I notice is the avatar and immediately associate it with the user. :x

Actually, when Cowrie and I had matching avatars I was constantly confused. XD I was always like, "wtf, I didn't post that >:O.. oh wait"
    Yeah, that's what threw me off with the two of you. XD; I managed to always look at the username colour when I saw that avatar by the end, though.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Same here, first thing I notice is the avatar and immediately associate it with the user. :x

Actually, when Cowrie and I had matching avatars I was constantly confused. XD I was always like, "wtf, I didn't post that >:O.. oh wait"

Sometimes I forget someone who someone is when they change their avatar :D hehe

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    I look at people's names to identify them. Signatures are off too so there is less spam per thread ;)

For your benefit, you have my name in my avatar too, so you know who I am.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • I'm on there, but I keep loosing my password and never doing anything there but lurk in the manga section.

I don't mind the size limits as much -- icons over 100x100 look nasty to me and I can live with small banners, no problem. But, avatars are an easy way to identify people and the defaults are usually just wretched. Most aren't even square! It hurts my eyes to look at them. D|

I think your first forum usually really shapes how you look at others. I remember way back when I first joined PC, I was wondering what on earth was wrong with my monitor when I saw the larger avatars. Different rules and nuances, too. It's interesting.
    I know I've seen some PC members who would fit right in at my first forum, and some who would be eaten alive. Vice versa, too; I can't get many friends from other areas on PC. D:

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    The reason why my avatar is 96 by 96 rather than 100 by 100 is because it used to be a Windows Live Messenger display picture. I once suggested that signatures should only appear if the post is bigger than the post. I'd like to use signatures to identify people but too many members are obnoxious and cannot be trusted to keep it non spammy.

I say that the entire signature should have maximum limit in dimensions. That would bring consistency that you speak of Tangerine.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Well, people on PC have ridiculous-sized signatures, really, and they still somehow fall under the rules; I check. :[ I miss being Sig Nazi Kylie. orz

Cherrim

Years
  • Speaking of sigs, Kylie, I don't think I've mentioned it but I really, really love your signature. ♥

For avatar sizes, I used to make them 130x130 pixels when I first joined since that was the default but now... I just use Livejournal icons, so they're all 100x100 for me now. I don't usually like them any other way. D:

Kylie-chan

Years
  • Oh, thanks. xD I just wanted something else to look at. Coming from you, that means a lot. ♥

Heh, pretty much all the resources I own for graphics-making are designed for 100x100. And I am totally not resource-dependent, ever. >.<

Cherrim

Years
  • I stare at it like every time I read a post by you. It's so prettyyyy. n__n

I'm probably lucky in that I was working on my own with graphics (and... got fairly good, I like to think D:) before I discovered brushes and textures and all that fun stuff. Now that I've gotten used to them though, I do find it rather hard to make graphics bigger than 100x100, but if I have to, I can do it. xD

Kylie-chan

Years
  • ...*went all red* Thank you, guys. XD;;; ♥ I feel all pleased and stuff.

Naminé is really pretty~ ♥! I haven't had a non-Kobato theme in literally a year, I think.[/i]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back