• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "Why haven't they done that yet?" thread

Amp

This is crazy.
Years
  • Ok, the pokemon games are greatness. We all know that. But don't you think that by the 4th generation, there are some things that should have been fixed by now? Little inconsistencies in the lore, mechanics, and such?

Look, I'll give some examples:
    -Gyarados STILL can't learn fly
    -Why hasn't someone made Beedrill/Dustox immune to Ground moves yet?
    -Will somebody PLEASE fix that #$*&^ Nidorina/Nidoqueen glitch?
    -Sandshrew/Sandslash's only level-up STAB move is Sand Tomb. WHY?
    -Who's idea was it to give Diglett access to Aerial Ace?
    -How many 'creators of the world' Legendaries are we gonna have, anyway?

Any more?

Sekushi Sushi*

Roses are red, I love you!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    Say it brother! especially the diglett thing. Thats weird. Also, why didnt they make kangaskhans baby a pokemon yet, it looks nothing like the same species

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • -Who's idea was it to give Diglett access to Aerial Ace?
    If I remember correctly, the Japanese name for the attack was "Ambush". Dugtrio can do that, I think.
    A lot.

Why is there no easy way to check for IVs?
    Why is there no move tutor?
    Why god why do HP IVs have to be the first to be distributed for offspring? It's annoying as all hell.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Why hasn't anyone acknowledged the fact that no matter how many geodudes you put in each generation, NO ONE is going to catch them?

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    How many times will we have the same story? Get the badges, beat the Elite Four, get the Legendaries...>.>
    Trust me, it's MUCH better that way.

Here's my list:

-Why the hell are they still making us get the best Pokemon through events that are VERY hard to get to?
    -A bug type Dragon.
    -A Gold and Silver reamake. Please! for the love of God, make one!
    -Quilfish needs an evolution.
    -Make EV's visible.
    -Make IV's look visible.
    -Release the game that they said would come out in 2008. (read the mailbag.)

Last edited:

Sekushi Sushi*

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    What is the mail bag. What game. Also whyd they leave a useless dunceparce unevolved

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
  • Ok, the pokemon games are greatness. We all know that. But don't you think that by the 4th generation, there are some things that should have been fixed by now? Little inconsistencies in the lore, mechanics, and such?

Look, I'll give some examples:
    What's it flying with?
    What glitch would that be?
    Because they think Sandshrew/Sandslash is worthless, which is why one will eventually claw their eyes out. :D

Any more?

My thoughts in bold. So far, the only other thing I can think of is:

-Why can't we have all TMs/berries without cheating/hacking?

Sekushi Sushi*

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    Gyrados ois based upon a flying dragon that flies so it should fly, like in movie one. Also why did they make Dodrio flying just because of its appearance. Thats the biggest pokemon flaw!

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • I'd prefer that EVs and IVs shouldnt be seen. otherwise n00bs would end up using them and thats our advantage over them :D

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    I'd prefer that EVs and IVs shouldnt be seen. otherwise n00bs would end up using them and thats our advantage over them :D
    EV's and IV's aren't really real. Well....they are, but in a........confusing way. They usally don't do anything for my Pokemon. For example: I killed several wild Spearow and Fearow with my Aggron to raise it's speed. I racked up at least 15 EV's, and when he leveld up, his speed only went up by 3! >: (

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Gyrados ois based upon a flying dragon that flies so it should fly, like in movie one. Also why did they make Dodrio flying just because of its appearance. Thats the biggest pokemon flaw!

Gyarados was not flying, it was being controlled by mewtwos psychic

Gyarads may be part flying, but it should NOT fly... and which dragon are you talking about gyarados is based on the chinese creature Dragon gate sea serpant that never flied..

It's flying type to balance it's incredible power, doube weakness to elec balancing things out, if it was water dragon it'd be horrifically strong, and most liking not an OU, it'd jump a tier... Nintendo relized the destruction it'd be at waterdragon so befor the game released they changed it to water flying, and bam never changed since..
    So there, no fly for gyarados...

Anyways I wonder

"Why havnt they found a unique system to checks the IVs, and a recorder for evs, and showing IV on like a page, or something."

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • -Why the hell are they still making us get the best Pokemon through events
    that are VERY hard to get to? Commercial reasons of course T-T
    -A bug type Dragon. Why.. might I ask?
    -A Gold and Silver reamake. Please! for the love of God, make one! That wish will be granted :P
    -Quilfish needs an evolution.Sure..ok
    -Make EV's visible.
    -Make IV's look visible.
    -Release the game that they said would come out in 2008. (read the mailbag.)That could be pokemon ranger or mystery dungeon, don't get your hopes up, it will be another 2 years for a new game to come out.

My comments are in the quote.

Mine:
    - when are we gonna be able to choose from more than one player? 1 male and 1 female isn't enough :P
    - when are pokemon gonna have more than 1 sprite?

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    -Why cant we have files on Pokemon games? 3 would be enough for me.
    -Why cant we edit the looks to our trainer?

Yes, I'm going to do it.

-Put Missingno in the game. But this time: Use his original sprite, give him his own battle music, give him his own cry, make an overworld sprite for him, make it possible to catch him through normal gameplay, and finnaly, make it so he doesn't glitch up your game.

There. I did it, and I feel releived.

Go ahead, call me a noob with crazy ideas. : P

Last edited:

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Why hasn't Team Rocket gone to the hospital for internal bleeding yet?
    Oh my gosh. xD Haha! Very true. I love how they blast off probably ending up hundreds of miles away then magically appear again in the next 5 minutes back where Ash and co are. Ahhh, the joy of cartoons.

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
  • Look, I'll give some examples:
    What's it flying with?
    What glitch would that be?
    Because they think Sandshrew/Sandslash is worthless, which is why one will eventually claw their eyes out. :D

Any more?

Gyarados can fly. In movie one, it flew without Mewtwo's help, it's a flying type, and its based on a dragon. If something like Dodrio can fly me wherever I want because it "jumps real high", then my 50-foot half-flying type water dragon should be able to, as well.

Dragonair can fly too, but, you know, one thing at a time.

The Nidorina/Nidoqueen glitch is stupid. Neither one of them can breed, and the only logical reason is the special differences between male/female Nidorans. But it seems like those Gamefreak guys are sharp tacks, and could write the little piece of code it would take to make up for this glitch.

And shut yo mouth. Sanslash is teh pwn.

Sekushi Sushi*

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    No, when gyrados was first created the game makers were not thinking that way for it wasnt that competitive. And gyrados flew through the rain to get to the Island.

Back