• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "Why haven't they done that yet?" thread

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
    Right, I think Gamefreak still hadn't fully fleshed out the Dragon type yet. I mean, in RBY, there was only one fairly useless Dragon type move, and only One dragon type evolutionary chain. Back in those days, Dragonite was teh shiz, and I don't think they wanted Gyarados to share that title.

So fine, idc. Call him Water/flying. To be a flying type, you gotta be able to fly, and to use Fly, in theory, you must be large enough to carry a human (glares at little birds). Therefore, Gyarados qualifies.

And if they really weren't serious about it being a flying type, then we would see a lot more Gyaradoses being EQed into oblivion.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Say it brother! especially the diglett thing. Thats weird. Also, why didnt they make kangaskhans baby a pokemon yet, it looks nothing like the same species
    Since they're making other baby pokemon like Mime Jr. They might have a baby Kangaskahn next generation. Also, why Grass, Water, and fire, weren't they gonna change the 3 types in D/P? Why didn't they? They need to change the 3 types, don't you think?

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
    Because they also have different movesets, etc, and have always been regarded as seperate Pokemon.

Why can't we choose different models of bike? I mean, you can SEE different models; why not allow them to be bought? Or traded for, whatever.

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    -When are they going to give Wingull the ability pickup? He's supposed to be Seagull, and Seagull's tend to pick stuff up.

Sekushi Sushi*

Roses are red, I love you!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    Um, why cant we dress up our characters in the hand helds but sinc we can in PBR I think its coming in the next hand held. I need a character that resembles an African American! Also, what are you talking about another mime jr baby?!

Years
    My comments are in the quote.

Mine:
    - when are we gonna be able to choose from more than one player? 1 male and 1 female isn't enough :P Probably Game Freak cant be bothered make up more sprites but it would be cool if you can walk around as a Old Man or Woman
    - when are pokemon gonna have more than 1 sprite? True because I preferred Richie's Pikachu to Ash's one.

-Why cant we have files on Pokemon games? 3 would be enough for me. Maybe they do that to stop hackers and cheater and also because it would get confusing in the DS games because of the Friend Codes
    -Why cant we edit the looks to our trainer? Maybe because it is pointless because you spend 70% of the game in top down view and the rest in battle

Yes, I'm going to do it.

-Put Missingno in the game. But this time: Use his original sprite, give him his own battle music, give him his own cry, make an overworld sprite for him, make it possible to catch him through normal gameplay, and finnaly, make it so he doesn't glitch up your game. That would be cool because they can make it into The Legendary Pokémon of Cyberspace

There. I did it, and I feel releived.

Go ahead, call me a noob with crazy ideas. : P

My list is:

-When is The Magikarp Fisherman going to get lost.
    -When is Game Freak going to learn that letting kids out at night is dangerous.
    -When are they going to sort out the Magnemite problem for example in Pokémon Snap you have to lure three Magnemite together in the tunnel level to create a Magneton so why doesn't that happen in the hand held games if you have three in your party.
    -When are they going to give you enough space in your storage box.
    -When are they going to figure out the Cubone dilemma when it is born with it mother's skull on. (What did Cubone kill it's mother after being born or did Cubone's mother die in child birth)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    -When are they going to have black people in Pokemon?

Perhaps the same could be said of all Japanese RPGs. Hahaha.

I think a flying Gyarados is way cooler than a Gyarados just wriggling around on the ground like a snake, or swimming.

Didn't the Chinese dragons it's based off of sort of undulate and snake their way through the sky? I know they were thought to bring rain and move the tides, so that sort of explains its Water type designation without necessarily making it a waterbound type of creature.

My questions are:
    -When is the main character in the handhelds going to have his/her own personality? Maybe this is not a popular opinion, but I'd much prefer to play a distinct and interesting character than just project myself onto this mindless mute little dude.
    -When are we going to be able to move DIAGONALLY
    and
    -Overworld Pokemon sprites, dang it. Me want.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    let's see...

-when are the creators going to decide that having individual sprites for everyone in the game is a good idea?

-When are we ever going to see a player or character outside or above normal humanity?

-when do we actually get to see a talking pokemon (barring bill in R/B/Y/FR/LG)? last i recall, mewtwo actually spoke english, not just "meeeeeew!"

-why are there female mr. mimes?

-when are they planning on giving us full roam of every region?

-why can't we make move combos? you know, you have to get to a certain point in the game, and if you do, you can combine the effects and types of different moves?

-why can't we properly crossbreed? you know, if you put a zigzagoon and a poochyena together, why does it come out only one species?

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    let's see...

-when are the creators going to decide that having individual sprites for everyone in the game is a good idea? I Agree, I think you should be able to customize your person.

-When are we ever going to see a player or character outside or above normal humanity?

-when do we actually get to see a talking pokemon (barring bill in R/B/Y/FR/LG)? last i recall, mewtwo actually spoke english, not just "meeeeeew!" That would be a good idea XD I wouldn't mind it if you could talk to the Pokemon and they didn't just go 'Kayyooo!'

-why are there female mr. mimes? Good point. That dosn't make sense does it... MR. Mimes.. last time I checked a girl is a Miss/Mrs

-when are they planning on giving us full roam of every region? I WANTETH THAT!

-why can't we make move combos? you know, you have to get to a certain point in the game, and if you do, you can combine the effects and types of different moves?

-why can't we properly crossbreed? you know, if you put a zigzagoon and a poochyena together, why does it come out only one species? I WANTETH THIS TO! I used to think you could... back when I first started. They should SOOOOO do that!!

Here's one: Pokemon battles are still turn based, why? Because, with out turn-based battles, it would be much harder to do. You wouldn't have time to think!

My ones:

- When will their be a game when you are a Pokemon (Not mystery Dungeon style) in PBR graphics, that is fun! When you are the Pokemon, and Trainers actually exist!

- When will we be able to get event Pokemon without flying to Japan or America (I live in england)

- Why don't they improve the storage space?

- When will you be able to change your players looks?

- When will there be more room for your Player's Name? I can't fit my name (Rhiannon) on.. there isn't enough space :(

Sekushi Sushi*

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    When will they make a female evo for mime jr. They have ruined it now though but it could rival jynx

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    My ones:

- When will their be a game when you are a Pokemon (Not mystery Dungeon style) in PBR graphics, that is fun! When you are the Pokemon, and Trainers actually exist! Yeah, I agree. at the very least it'd be nice to play as a morph....

- When will we be able to get event Pokemon without flying to Japan or America (I live in england) when nintendo decides to sop being money-hungry...

- Why don't they improve the storage space? Yeah, that would be nice...

- When will you be able to change your players looks? Gamefreak is too lazy, but that would be awesome!

- When will there be more room for your Player's Name? I can't fit my name (Rhiannon) on.. there isn't enough space :( Yeah. Why can't we have like 20 spaces. I'd like to use a name longer than seven characters sometimes...

My thoughts bolded, naturally. And I've come up with a few more.

-When will we get to Get to catch all the pokemon in one game?

-when will they stop coming up with new ones? 493 is more than enough...

-When will we get to follow our own path in the games? (i mean like, join team rocket, become a bounty hunter, etc...)

Years
    Here are a few I thought of:

Why are there so many psychic-type legendaries? Every generation has at least two of them, sometimes more. I'd like to see some of the less common types being used as types for legendaries.

I've always found it annoying how Charmander and Cyndaquil (and their evolutions) have the same base stats. They have different movesets and evolution levels, but other than that, they're practically the same Pokemon. I wish they'd do something about that.

I wish they'd give Fire-types a little more variety. There are so many single-type Fire Pokemon out there. There are double-types, too, but even then, there's a lot of the same second type repeated over and over - Fire/Fighting, Fire/Flying, maybe a couple of Fire/Ground.

I also agree with the person who said that no matter how many Geodudes they put in the games, no one's going to train them. Myself included. I have no way of trading them to other games, so I can't fully evolve one - kind of defeating the purpose of training one in my game. They're pretty good HM slaves, though.
    Now Zubats - it seems they've been around forever, too. They make exploring almost any cave a pain.

Last edited:

Thraxxacor

GHOST + ELEMENT = You Knub'd
    Years
    Ok, the pokemon games are greatness. We all know that. But don't you think that by the 4th generation, there are some things that should have been fixed by now? Little inconsistencies in the lore, mechanics, and such?

Look, I'll give some examples:
    -Gyarados STILL can't learn fly
    -Why hasn't someone made Beedrill/Dustox immune to Ground moves yet?
    -Will somebody PLEASE fix that #$*&^ Nidorina/Nidoqueen glitch?
    -Sandshrew/Sandslash's only level-up STAB move is Sand Tomb. WHY?
    -Who's idea was it to give Diglett access to Aerial Ace?
    -How many 'creators of the world' Legendaries are we gonna have, anyway?

Any more?

-i think the world-creator pokes are done with... time, space, and chaos. (dialga, palkia, darkrai) but im sure they'll find something retarded...
    -why in the world would gyrados be able to fly lol?? its a giant aqua dragon... notice the lack of wings... or limbs of any kind.

the one thing that ticks me off a bit is the lack of ghost moves... and that ghosts cant learn any good pychic moves... and they killed all the classic ownage ghost moves.. (i made a thread)

Years
    I would like to see the evil teams that are actually evil like one with a Communist manifesto or an Islamic terrorist inspired group.

Sekushi Sushi*

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    Your wrong. They do need to keep making new ones or pokemon would slowly die. Many pokemon still have too many flaws too. When will they make mention of mew in every game. I remember when mew was just total rare and it was hard to know anyone with it so it should be like that within the game,

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    the one thing that ticks me off a bit is the lack of ghost moves... and that ghosts cant learn any good pychic moves... and they killed all the classic ownage ghost moves.. (i made a thread)

There WERE no classic ghost moves. There was Shadow Ball, and that was IT. And we still have Shadow Ball. As for Ghosts not learning Psychic moves, here is a list of Ghost Pokemon that can learn Psychic:

Gengar
    Mismagius
    Sableye (can also learn Zen Headbutt)
    Banette
    Dusknoir
    Drifblim
    Spiritomb
    Froslass
    Giratina

That's ALL of them, excluding Shedinja and Rotom. Please do some research before you post, please.

Back